Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Bronco
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
bronco89
AF Newbie

Unhappy 1989 bronco not starting HELP!!

I have a 1989 bronco eddie bauer with the 5.0l v8. its an efi and its not starting while i crank the motor. it has good pressure in the fuel rail and i checked the inertia switch, plus all the relays and it has spark at the plugs. i know ford had a recall on the tfi module which is on the distributor but i dont know if thats the problem.. and i also tried spraying gas in the intake while i had some one crank it for me. still nothing. every once in a while i hear it fire once but it doesnt happen often. what could it be??
bronco89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:37 AM   #2
cstarz95
AF Newbie

Re: 1989 bronco not starting HELP!!

I had something similar to what you are describing. You can actually get the TFI module on the dist. tested at Autozone etc. That was the culprit with mine. Hope it helps
cstarz95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:57 PM   #3
chamblizi
AF Regular

Re: 1989 bronco not starting HELP!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco89 View Post
I have a 1989 bronco eddie bauer with the 5.0l v8. its an efi and its not starting while i crank the motor. it has good pressure in the fuel rail and i checked the inertia switch, plus all the relays and it has spark at the plugs. i know ford had a recall on the tfi module which is on the distributor but i dont know if thats the problem.. and i also tried spraying gas in the intake while i had some one crank it for me. still nothing. every once in a while i hear it fire once but it doesnt happen often. what could it be??
try checking your alternator a bad alternator can litterally keep your engine from starting if you have a clunk
sound as if its trying to start most likely the alternator is bad
chamblizi is offline   Reply With Quote