Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Eighty Eight
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Eighty Eight Includes the '97-'98 Regency and '96-'99 LSS Models
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
bforns
AF Newbie

1994 Oldsmobile 88 Royle - Feels "sluggish" like its going to die while stopped (in drive) Help?

I have a 1994 Oldsmobile 88 Royle, 3.8l, v6. I have been having this problem for a while now, but am afraid the vehicle is going to die one day, the problem is....

The car feels "sluggish" like its going to die when I am stopped, as in stopped at a stop sign and the car is in drive, if I put the car in park it seems fine (i cannot tell what my RPM's are reading because I don't have an RPM gage on the dash of my car) ... The car drives fine on the highways and roads but when I come to a stop sign, it seems like its going to die, it's not that bad, but I don't want it to get as bad as it could!

Is there maybe a sensor or something that would be causing this, or how do these cars fix there timing, if this could even be caused by this?

I visually inspected all my air-intake lines and am not sure if it's being caused by a vacuum leak... I changed the fuel filter, put a new belt on, new plugs/wires. and will be getting a radiator/transmission flush in the next couple of days... . anyone have any ideas, please let me know.. thank you so much!
bforns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
justmenotyou
AF Newbie

Re: 1994 Oldsmobile 88 Royle - Feels "sluggish" like its going to die while stopped (in drive) Help?

I had similar problem and had to replace the cam shaft position sensor. If you search around it should cost about $20.00
justmenotyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 1994 Oldsmobile 88 Royle - Feels "sluggish" like its going to die while stopped (in drive) Help?

Sticking egr valve, dirty throttle body, dirty or bad idle contol valve, are some possibilities.