Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter Bravo is the Australian vesion, Bounty the New Zealand version and Drifter the South African version.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 01:05 AM   #1
79dodged100
AF Newbie

rotary engine

how hard would it be to swap a mazda rotary engine into a 1991 b2200
79dodged100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:07 PM   #2
Christ
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Christ Send a message via Yahoo to Christ
Re: rotary engine

A lot of ppl have tried this swap, and they have all had problems w/ it, in one form or another, mostly (I think) because they thought it would be easier than they thought it was, or had no idea what they were doing.

i thought about this swap myself, but here's my list of stuff:

Engine/transmission (as a package)
ECU
Wiring harness (engine to ECU harness, no need for body harness.)
RX-7 Wiring manual/schematic (unless you don't cut any part of the harness, in which case, you should be able to throw it all back together, though you may have to extend some wires to make everything fit.)
A bunch of random pieces of radiator hose
Extra fuel/vacuum lines.
Some extra wire/connectors (just in case)
Custom exhaust, intake piping.
Welding skills (need to make new mounts for the engine, and it has to be mounted so that the transmission shifter is in the same location as the normal truck transmission, which means that you'll have to make an adapter to move the engine mounts forward some, since the engine is so much shorter than the stock B2000/2200 engine.)

Anything else you think you might need, keep it handy, b/c you most likely will.. I'm not sure about the speedo cable fitment, I think you might have to change the cable, but it should fit the same into the speedo itself, just the tranny side will be different, and maybe diff lengths.

Clutch may have to be redone, I can't remember if you need to swap from manual to hydraulic clutch.
Christ is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mazda > B-Series/Bravo/Bounty/Drifter