Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 07:43 PM   #91
meti
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to meti Send a message via AIM to meti Send a message via MSN to meti Send a message via Yahoo to meti
Re: Ga Gt 2001 Ecu...

Hey thats awsome dude about Florida! blah! I was plannin on going there too but nope am out of cash lol
Well things are looking great for me when i get back from europe! I got a lined up job that pays good and i'll be full time so I will definitelly put a shit load of cash im my GA!

Yes let me know about that gathering/show with that superfast GA! haha I bet if I do all the things i got in my list approx. 5K cash...i'll be up there as well with this V6 lol
anyways....we'll meet anyday at Eastwood dude.

it would be cool.
IM facing major computer problems even though i bought a new one But now i got my laptop running and the new pc will be up too soon!

Hey so what if i put my laptop in my car? haha connecting to the computer system in the car itself? Me and some of my budies planned it out but once again...OUT OF CASH! blah i never knew cash was such a big deal.

well take pics of that mod u did and i'll also use that greese to clean my crap this spring break!

I'll hit you back later when im more stable with these damn computers grrrr HEADACHE big time!
meti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #92
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Send a message via MSN to Ridenour

Hey that's good to hear about your job Meti. I'm going to Kettering University, and am hopefully going to be able to get a co-op with GM, which would pay tons of money - my GA would be the happiest car in town after that.

I'll give you more info on the GA race - I've been talking to that guy - more info on the way. Did I tell you he just put an Eaton Supercharger in his GA? He said he thinks he might be able to get a trap speed of 125 MPH in 1/4 mile.

About your laptop... if you're having problems after you just bought it, isn't it under warranty? If it is, warranty should cover it.

That'd be badass if you put your laptop in your GA. I have heard of / seen software that lets you hook your PC directly to your PCM, not sure if you can get it for the grand am though - but it'd be badass.

I'll get another under-hood pic up in a few days - gotta take the baby out and get her washed up first - hasn't been washed in about 4 weeks .

Good luck with your PC.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #93
meti
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to meti Send a message via AIM to meti Send a message via MSN to meti Send a message via Yahoo to meti

yeah I am gonna go to LCC (Lansing community college) for couple of years and than MSU for rest of mechanical engineering...I will get a dispatch job where my dad works and im sure i'll get over 10$ on hour and plus tips and plus...every1 that works there is my people lol
well almost everyone

OK get me info about that show/race because I really wanna see that bad ass GA and 125mph 1/4mile is something to talk about lol do boubt!!!

I plan in 1 full year after this summer i should have my car completed 100% but u never know i guess

I just got done with lowering the rear end about an inch and also put the rims back on last night and colored the calipers red...so i'll put some pictures in here once we get some sun and i get my lazy ass out there in cold and take a pic or two! haha

hey how fast are the Probe GT olders stule...like 1997-ish not sure but i saw one on highway today and it sounded awsome but i didnt get to race and that i had heavy rims on a friend in the car with me so i would have lost guaranteed buttttttt....u got any idea how fast those things are stock with lets say 40HP extra? haha just wondering how bad i would have lost that race if that guy would have gone the same way as i did and raced

i bought another green tube to go under the hood and i also bought tire valve caps thingies with lighting in them but they look like shit since they stick out way too much
n e ways....after spring brake i should have my car all ready to go so i can call it...."my car has been updated officially"
ttyl man
Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #94
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Hey LCC is cool - I know a bunch of people that are going there. - good choice for Mech engineering too!

Deffinately get some new pics of your car up here - I'm dying to see it. Oh, by the way, I had to remove my PCV breather hose / filter due to idling problems because the hose was crushed too tight into the filter - so i won't be posting those pics after all. How exactly did you go about lowering your back only?

Those probes are all right -my friend has got one actually that's a 97 five speed. I'm pretty sure they're stock @ 150 hp. If you would've not have had your friend / rims, you would've certainly won - I raced my friends and smoked him.

And yeh I've seen those lighting stem cap things - I never tried any. I just currently have some sharp looking blue ones to match my blue / silver color scheme.
Old 03-26-2005, 02:28 PM   #95
meti
AF Newbie

I clamped down the springs down a little because I just hate how our cars are high off especially the back end. So i clamped/compressed the springs a little and its cheap and might hurt the springs but o well! ;-)

Haha my rims are so shiny lol
I need more performance damnit! I want that 6.4s 1/4mile!!!! grrrr... mustangs are way over rated....i say that cuz there are millions of htem and they look muscle but if they are not over GT than they sux haha

once again; i will post pictures when i get a chance
ttyl buddy!
Old 03-30-2005, 07:15 AM   #96
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Hey cool - how'd you go about clamping the springs? I would love to have my car lowered, but be able to raise it in the winter.

Yeh some mustangs are overrated - some are pretty badass though. My friend has the same exact car as me, and he got beat the other day by a 99 mustang GT.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:07 AM   #97
meti
AF Newbie

there is a kit at autozone that involves 2 screws adn metal pieces to grab on the springs. its like 10$ kit but I dont think you can aise it back up but you wouldnt need to since you ca just drop it a little...
other than that you can just buy the lowering springs.

Mustang.....yes depending if it has anything special and if it was stick because our cars do a GREAT job against the automatic 4.6L V8.....i tested and won and plus i had rims on too...racing depends alot on the drive too and but I still say mustangs are over rated! haha

its all good though because like you said, some mustangs are total bad ass!

tomorrow is last half day of school for me and back to working on cars!!!

i'll take pics as i go by
Old 04-11-2005, 04:05 PM   #98
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Hey again Meti, sorry I was gone for 10 days.

That sounds like a neat kit. Did lowering it actually make a significant difference in the ride / handling of the car?

Hey I got the details on the MGM (Michigan Grudge Match) coming up that I was telling you about.

It's this Saturday, April 16th
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (doors open at 8:00)
8 $ at the door as a spectator - 40 $ to race

Here's how to get there:

You need to get onto US 27 freeway and head north towards lansing, take it through lansing towards Clare

Take US 27 freeway all the way past the st. johns exits, stay on it - it will eventually turn into a 55 MPH zone. Stay on it and keep going north.

Stay on it until you get to the M-46 exit.

Get off at the M-46 exit and turn left.

Drive until you get to small town of edmore

turn left at yellow caution light (First street)

drive 6 miles south (through McBride)

Track is on right hand side just beyond McBride.

If you got a cell phone number, PM it to me and I'll give you a ring once we're there. If you still aren't sure how to get there, ask. I hope you can make it. My friend and I are going up (he's a Ford guy, but he's been with me and my grand am exploits since day 1 LOL) - so hopefully we can meet up.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:19 PM   #99
meti
AF Newbie

wow! thats like this weekend. shit shit shit...
and thats up north haha
I am going to do my absolute best to make it! I really really wanna be there so I'll do what I can but dude...im so low on cash and but im gonna try hard.
If I knew this earlier i would have planned on it haha
its all good and but I'll post later this week for the final answer if i'll be there or not!

---car lowered better handling? nahhhh nothing that i can notice...well a little tha the end isnt so lifted up but its all the same.

my cell is 517 648 0978
I just hope to God that I'll make it there!
ttyl buddie and thx for all the help
Old 04-12-2005, 07:39 PM   #100
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Yeh sorry for the short notice meti - I hope you can work it out. I'm guessing from where you are, it'd be roughly a two hour drive. If you left at 7 AM, you should be there on time. And all you need is 8 bucks for a seat. Alright I wrote down your cell phone, I hope you can make it up man. Make sure you let me know if you have any other questions. - I'll await your final answer.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:43 PM   #101
meti
AF Newbie

its ok and ok thx.
i'll let u know proly friday!
this will definitelly be one of the best things that can happen!
Old 04-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #102
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

Yeh it'll be pretty awesome. I'm bringin 2 of my friends up - one's a ford guy, his name's Andy, and the other is Chad - he's into Trans Ams - has a 97 that's fast as hell. Yeh like I said, I'll wait to hear from ya Friday. you can post on here, private message me, or email me at lee3151@hotmail.com. Good luck with that parent negotiating - I know how all about the process. LoL.
Old 04-12-2005, 08:55 PM   #103
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Do you guys want a off topic thread for this forum?, I think it would help with relaying info rather than using a techincal thread to do it but I don't have a problem with you using threads like this one if you prefer doing it this way. Let me know what ya think.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:05 AM   #104
Ridenour
GranddAmnit

I personally think that'd be cool John. I see what you mean - this thread is titled "GA GT 2001 ECU", but we've talked about everything in the damn world in it . If that's something you want to make John, I'd be fine with it.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:45 AM   #105
meti
AF Newbie

yea thats fine with me too

But if some newb wants to learn about his GA he can read this lol
it really tells alot and there is nothing we have missed for simple mods and such.

Hey for that meeting this saturday: is there going to be a similar one any time soon? I was wondering because IM gonna have a hard time to make it there.
just wondering but i'll still post my final answer tomorrow.

PS: i am not sure if i can edit this board since I made it but if I can, I could clean it up later

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Grand AM