Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 200/Tomcat
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
johnny 5!!
AF Newbie

rover 220 turbo imoberliser

Hi all,

okay after blowing the head gasket on the rover 220 turbo at anglesey she's finally ready to be fired up .. BUT coming to start it up the imoberliser has nicely decided that it doesnt want to start!! new batteries in the key fob dont do squat?? the battery has been disconnected for a while whilst it was bein fixed could that be problem?? and its also been real cold in the garage over christmas is that a problem??maybe some1 knows a little when it comes to a k-series turbo and IMOBERLISER problem?? Thanks all

Johhny
johnny 5!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #2
PJF220
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to PJF220
Re: rover 220 turbo imoberliser

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny 5!!
Hi all,

maybe some1 knows a little when it comes to a k-series turbo and IMOBERLISER problem?? Thanks all

Johhny
Enough to know it's a T series, not a K series

Does the key fob still operate the doors ok?

I've only experienced the immobiliser not working once. It turned out to be a blown fuse. Worth checking them all. You can start the car by bipassing the immobiliser, but I wont say how, as that'd be stupid of me on the internet.

Only real advice I can offer is to join up on the owners club. The link is in my sig. You will no doubt find someone who knows there.
Old 02-10-2006, 02:39 AM   #3
johnny 5!!
AF Newbie

Morning,

Thanks for the advice, the key fob doesnt do anythin even with new battery and the fob doesnt have a light on it to indicate weather its broke which isnt very helpfull... I'll check all fuses under the bonnet, is there any inside the car?? but will proberbly end up requesting your phone number and end up bypassing the car as i need to get it fired up and fixed to enable me to give the garage another car for them to fix

Cheers
johnny 5!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 03:38 AM   #4
PJF220
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to PJF220

Sounds like the key fob needs resyncing to the car. With the car unlocked and all doors/boot/bonnet shut, stand by the driver door and keep pressing the lock button quickly about 5 times. This is how you resync the key fob.You know when it works as the car locks itself. Then you can use the unlock button to unlock again.

Yes there are fuses in the car. Open the driver door, at the bottom of the dash on the right of the steering wheel, right under the dash, there is a section you pull open to reveal many of the fuses. The rest are in the engine bay in the rectangular plastic container on the passenger side on the 2.0 nasp and turbo models. (assuming car is right hand drive)
Old 02-12-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
douguser
AF Newbie

douguser is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 200/Tomcat