Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 11:48 AM   #1
MonsoonMike
AF Newbie

Republic Ensign Tires

Anyone know anything or had any good or bad luck with a brand of tires called Republic Ensign? They're supposedly a generic tire manufactured by Goodyear. Their price is tempting. But the fact that I can hardly find any information about them through various searches concerns me a bit. Anyone have any info?
MonsoonMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
MadDriver
AF Newbie

Re: Republic Ensign Tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsoonMike
Anyone know anything or had any good or bad luck with a brand of tires called Republic Ensign? They're supposedly a generic tire manufactured by Goodyear. Their price is tempting. But the fact that I can hardly find any information about them through various searches concerns me a bit. Anyone have any info?
I am on my second set of Republic Ensigns in 2 weeks, 5 in all now (they replaced one the next day after I got them), all warranty replacements at the local Gemini store. They run like they are out of round. Slapping the road and making the whole car bounce. Not out of balance, because it only happens about 25-35 mph. The second set isn't as bad but because of the aggressive tread pattern, they sure are noisy and cause a low frequency vibration. The store manager was eager to sell me an upgrade to the next level of "Goodyear" for a mere $17 each plus balance/mount and tax. I only drive the car about 2500 miles per year so I wanted something cheap and would get me through the PA inspection scam so I took the warranty replacements. I guess you get what you pay for. They are made in Venezuela by the way. Wouldn't have bought em if I knew that.
MadDriver is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Tires and Wheels