Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-13-2004, 09:48 PM   #16
BlazerLT
AF -Advisor

Re: Re: Re: Service Engine Light Soon 1997 LT Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by derblazer
Yes it was, THANK GOD; and much cheaper too. I did a huge GULP and almost hyper-ventilated when they told me the price of the valve body. My Blazer is a builder so I guess I'll be looking at this forum quite a bit in the future. I have noticed you post a lot of replies here.
I do because I like to help, pure and simple. No other reason I would post close to 3500 times.

Hehehe.....
Old 12-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
harrisannam
AF Newbie

Re: Service Engine Light Soon 1997 LT Blazer

Hi, I am new to this forum and realize these particular posts are very old. BUT, it is exactly what I was looking for! My 97 Blazer problems are, SES light, very low power from start and my ignition switch acting up. We can actually start her up with out the key at times as the switch doesn't turn all the way off.
Of course we assumed we had 2 diff problems going on.Ignition switch and trans. Most pressing first would be trans. So, we had the trans fluid and filter changed with no results. Was about to change torque converter as we were told this could be the problem. (process of elimination)
Never, would we had thought the ignition switch was causing all these problems!
We are going to get on this asap, and I will get back with results.
I am so very grateful to this forum, and to all of you who made these particular posts. You may have saved us loads of money we don't have!
harrisannam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 03:50 PM   #18
jetprofessor
AF Newbie

Re: Service Engine Light Soon 1997 LT Blazer

My dad was the original owner of my Blazer then my brother who did nothing but drive it for 8 years then me. I do all the maintenance. Been a mechanic all my life. When my brother had it he had the dealership put a new ignition switch in it. I think that was either 2008 or 09. 2 months after I bought it from him, the trans went so I had it rebuilt. At 25,000 miles, it's time for a trans service and the check engine light comes on. It's code P1860. My transmission guy said drop the pan again and see if a connector came off a solenoid. I was pretty ticked when all is fine in the pan. To my surprise, I see a bunch of mentions about the ignition switch. It just so happens that for the last 6 months it's been screwing up and I can't get the key out once in a while. But...what I wanna know is why did the check engine light finally come on after I dropped the pan and put a new filter in it? Who can tell me that? What's really coincidental is that I ordered a new switch from ebay and it came in the mail yesterday. So, time to replace that and see what happens. I have an emission test to do and just because the check engine light is on even if it's got nothing to do with the way the engine runs, they will not pass it.
I found the problem. My trans guy was right. Always check the wiring before replacing the trans pan. I knocked one of the connectors loose to a solenoid and it looked like it was still connected. LESSON LEARNED!

Last edited by jetprofessor; 07-01-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: found issue
jetprofessor is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer