Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 12:52 PM   #1
adityaparikh1
AF Newbie

2007 Honda Odyssey Problem

I have a 2007 Honda Odyssey EX-L with 40,000 miles on it.
On July 30th 2010, I gave my Odyssey to my Honda dealer to perform 2 recall services.

Recall Services:

• Safety Recall: 09-053 Lock-Up Clutch Judders Between 20-45 MPH [2007-2008 Odyssey All / 2009 Odyssey Some]

• Safety Recall: 10-017 Air in VSA Modulator - Control Unit (Soft Brake Pedal) [2007-2008 Odyssey All / 2007 Element All / 2008 Element VIN Specific]
After the recall services were done, my Honda Odyssey drived completely fine. Though after ONLY 200 miles of driving, three lights came on the Odyssey's dashboard.

Light #1: VSA Activation Indicator (It is a yellow colored triangle with a ! inside the triangle)
Light #2: VSA System Indicator (It is VSA written in yellow colored)
Light #3: ABS System Indicator (It is ABS written in yellow colored)

I took my Honda into my dealer and told them to tell me what is going on. My gut fealing is that when they were doing the recall service, something was done wrong which has caused these lights to come on, because the lights have come in only 200 miles of the previous service. My dealer inspected my car and plugged in their computer into my car to see what the error code, and they said that my front left ABS wheel sensor has broke. So I said okay, and got them to replace that ABS wheel sensor. Then the second I got my car back, all 3 lights came right back. They plugged in their computer again and the error code was same(it said once again my front left wheel ABS sensor is broken). They cleared the codes and said that the car is okay now. I drove it for 2 days, and now all 3 lights are back!

What are my options now? Is this problem related to the recall service they did on my car? What can be the problem in the car?
adityaparikh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #2
cherryelky305
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to cherryelky305
Re: 2007 Honda Odyssey Problem

I work at a honda dealer, during the VSA recall we have to unplug the abs main harness. Without looking at a wiring diagram, i would assume that the wheel speed sensor is in that connector.

During the process i suppose that connector could have been messed up, however i find that unlikly. If they replaced the sensor and the problem keeps coming back it has to be the wires or the computer.

My advice is to not give up on the dealership, Taking it to another shop creates an excuse that both shops can use to claim it was the other shop that screwed it up. Keep on them and the problem will be found.

Its either a bad wire (not the due to the recall) or a messed up connector (due to the recall)

If they messed up the connector the recall states they have to replace the engine harness i think.

1980 El camino
2002 LS1 swap
cherryelky305 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey