Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #1
mjtr21
AF Regular

2002 Bonneville SSEI electrical problems

Ok so there are a few lights on in the instrument panel and they consist of: AIR BAG, ANTI-LOCK, TRAC OFF, and SERVICE ENGINE SOON. Also, the interior lights dont work and only the driver's window opens and the heated seats arent working right. I've read that the cause of this would be a bad or corroded connection for the data serial wires. Where abouts is this wire/connection so I can get these electrical problems resolved? Please and Thank You.
mjtr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
maxwedge
A990 racer

Re: 2002 Bonneville SSEI electrical problems

So do the dash lites you mention work? The harness under the lt sill plate is what tou refer to, but I don't think that is a problem on your year. All the fuses ok, ifso you really need a wiring diagram here, remember there are fuses under the rear seat also.
Old 09-18-2010, 10:42 PM   #3
mjtr21
AF Regular

well ill look into the fuses tomorrow when its daylight. but ive read that for the windows, locks and mirrors not working there are wires underneath the carpet that are white and tan and the connection could be corroded or broken. and i now noticed that the SERVICE STABILITY SYSTEM is coming on the DIC. but the light only comes when the steering wheel is first turned. im assuming the fix for this is a new steering wheel position sensor right? and ill take it asap to get my codes read for ABS more than likely a wheel sensor im thinking.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:48 PM   #4
mjtr21
AF Regular

OK its been a while but I have some updates. I replaced the steering wheel position sensor and a wheel hub assembly and that fixed my ANTI LOCK and service stability messages. But I'm still having issues with my power windows. The only window that works is my drivers window. None of the other windows work. The power locks all work on each door except for the front right door. I think I may have a bad door module in this door as nothing works functionally: the power locks dont work, power window doesnt work, power mirror doesnt work and the DIC doesnt acknowledge when this door is opened either. So that may be my fix for that door. But I still can't figure out why my power windows dont work on the rear doors. The power locks work just fine and the DIC tells me when the doors are opened and lights turn on and everything. I even changed a power window regulator/motor in the rear left because the cable snapped leaving the window open and the new one doesnt work either. I can apply 12 volts from the battery to each window motor and they all work but when I connect them back to the switches they dont work. I am stumped...
Old 11-10-2010, 07:04 PM   #5
maxwedge
A990 racer

Stupid question here but the window lockout is not on, correct?
Old 11-10-2010, 10:51 PM   #6
mjtr21
AF Regular

Hahaha no that was one of the first things I checked along with fuses. When I push the switch to open the window I can hear something clicking inside the door like the door module is trying to open the window but no action.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #7
maxwedge
A990 racer

Take it apart and see whats what.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:27 PM   #8
mjtr21
AF Regular

Yeah I already had it apart like I said in a previous post that I can apply 12V to the window motors directly and they work. But when the switches are connected back up and I try using those it just makes a clicking noise from the door module inside the door.
Old 11-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #9
maxwedge
A990 racer

I would say that module is bad, make sure it it properly grounded in the harness first.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:59 AM   #10
xdhd350
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to xdhd350 Send a message via Yahoo to xdhd350 Send a message via Skype™ to xdhd350

The clicking sound is a relay actuating. However, the contacts are probably bad. Some relays can be pulled apart and cleaned, while others are sealed. I don't know which is the case on the door module. I've only had snapped cables and one bad motor.
Old 11-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
dtall11
AF Newbie

I had the exact problem. Got into the regulators and the pulley, they were all twisbted up however.....got to reading about electrical and water damages common to bonnevilles. There is a split fuse line under the driver seat and under the carpet,it is known to collect moisture. Check that out and if there is any corrosion thats your problem. We just cut and spliced them together with tape. Not the best solution but it will be a temp solution till u know everything is working. Hope that helps
dtall11 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Bonneville