Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 02:47 PM   #1
SBOdyssey17
AF Newbie

Tow Hitch for a 2007 Odyssey

I looked at the cost from Honda for a hitch and it is a little on the high side at almost $1000 for all the parts; hitch, harness, power steering cooler (not sure why you would need this), and transmission cooler. I have also looked online and found a hitch and a harness for ~$200. Has anyone installed a hitch/harness on their Odyssey? If so was the wiring portion easy. It looks like the hitch just bolts to the chassis, the holes are already in place. How does it affect the warranty if Honda does not do the work?

Thanks,

Skene
Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #2
badbrakes
AF Newbie

Re: Tow Hitch for a 2007 Odyssey

Your post dates from a few weeks... - don't know whether you're still looking for answer but here's my feedback.
I have an 03 Ody and about 2-3 years back, I got a class III hitch installed. Also had the tranny rad installed and obviously the electrical done + brake controller (for tent trailer equipped with brakes). I paid around 1000 $ CDN at the time. Got it done at non-Honda independent hitch shop. Depending on hitch class they've quoted you, their 1000 $ quote isn't in the left field. On my 03 Ody, no mention in owner's manual on additional power steering coolant... just tranny coolant. never had any problems whatsoever and I've towed that trailer at least 30000 kms.
badbrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 08:24 PM   #3
chris asmussen
AF Newbie

Re: Tow Hitch for a 2007 Odyssey

it sounds harder than it looks i got the hitch from u-haul for around $150 and then went online to handa accessories . com for the coolers etc they also have the instruyions for installing the parts
chris asmussen is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Odyssey