Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 12:18 AM   #61
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to TorchedStealth
Re: what happened to this board?

Holy shit its Tat! How ya been man? Hows the NSX? My boss has a 94 Veilside NSX with a comptech blower on it and I love driving that car in the twisties!
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
TorchedStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 AM   #62
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatII View Post
Wow I'd never thought I would see DMC12 and Terminal Velocity here in the same place. So many og's here in the same spot. Yup its party time!!! But seriously I think we all grew out of street racing. Right now I'm just starting to get into sanctioned events and I no longer care about all out straight line speed anymore. It will only make my learning curve that much steeper in a road course. And Matt very very nice upgrade with the G8, I love those cars.

You're not the only one who actually grew up and ventured away from Street Racing .

Glad to see you managed to find your way back to the old forums.

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #63
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorchedStealth View Post
Holy shit its Tat! How ya been man? Hows the NSX? My boss has a 94 Veilside NSX with a comptech blower on it and I love driving that car in the twisties!
Yup, I've been living a very boring life. The car is still essentially the same, but with the updated rear end. As mentioned earlier this year I will try to get into santioned racing and really be able to enjoy what this car is designed to do. Is your boss a member of nsxprime? Lately i've been hanging out there a lot and supraforums in their off topic forums as well. Its good to see all these old faces still here like you and everyone else. Glad you guys are still keeping this forum going.

Best E.T. 13.559
Best Trap speed 107.62 mph
TatII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #64
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Yup, I've been living a very boring life. The car is still essentially the same, but with the updated rear end. As mentioned earlier this year I will try to get into santioned racing and really be able to enjoy what this car is designed to do. Is your boss a member of nsxprime? Lately i've been hanging out there a lot and supraforums in their off topic forums as well. Its good to see all these old faces still here like you and everyone else. Glad you guys are still keeping this forum going.

There really hasn't been any reason for me to street race since I had my license suspended for 1 year prior and I was on 6 month probation afterwards. Plus all the newer cars coming are so freaking fast!!! It makes me sad when a 2010 bmw 750 can run a mid 13 second 1/4 mile or a 2009 FX50 can run a mid 13 as well. I would be embrassed to have these cars keep up with me =(

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 06-01-2010, 01:51 PM   #65
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

I think he is on NSXprime but not a whole lot. His car was on Bullrun this last season if you watched that. We actually just put a new clutch in it since he burned it out on the show and if you havent done it before I would suggest be nice to your clutch cause they arent fun to change! lol
2005 Saturn Ion Redline - Injector Dynamics 1000cc Injectors|E85|Harrop TVS1320 Blower|2.9" pulley|3" Intake|Vibrant Header and catless Downpipe|Hahn 3" catback|N2MB Wot Box w/2-step and no-lift shift|Cobra Heat Exchanger|Hurst STS|Ottp Stage 1 trans mounts|AEM EUGO Wideband|Aeroforce Interceptor|HPTuners (self tuned)|Mop Top Pros Carbon Fiber badges|B&G Springs
Old 06-01-2010, 10:25 PM   #66
TatII
AF Fanatic

Quote:
I think he is on NSXprime but not a whole lot. His car was on Bullrun this last season if you watched that. We actually just put a new clutch in it since he burned it out on the show and if you havent done it before I would suggest be nice to your clutch cause they arent fun to change! lol
That was his? That was the only reason why I even watched that show. Its a shame I couldn't catch every episode but I think he was runner up. I'm normally not a fan of the veilside kit but I think he represented the NSX well. The only thing that I'm wondering is why did he change the tail lights to those led stripes?

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 06-02-2010, 01:40 AM   #67
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Yep that was his! He changed the tails to the LEDs to kinda show what we do (build custom headlights and tails) and because the Veilside tails look like semi truck tail lights . And yes they took 2nd place on the show. He might sell it after summer and get a stock body nsx and twin turbo it. The veilside is cool and gets a lot of attention which is good for a shop car, but we all like stock bodied nsx's better. We want to drop pulley sizes on the blower since the car isnt all that quick compared to his old twin turbo 350Z, but we cant find any info on what injectors its running or what tuning software, so we are just going to leave it alone for now.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:28 AM   #68
CassiesMan
AF Vendor

Send a message via AIM to CassiesMan

Quote:
...twin turbo 350Z...
Got any parts left over you wanna gift me, lol.
CassiesMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:04 AM   #69
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Lol well he sold the car with the kit on it, all we really have left are some gaskets for the intake manifold and header gaskets and a turbo timer
Old 06-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #70
TatII
AF Fanatic

Well congrats to your boss for his success on the show. I'm sure he knows of science of speed in the nsx community. They have a pretty nice blower package with a larger blower and a after cooler with a AEM stand alone they were able to break over 400whp on the stock internals. 400whp in a stock bodied nsx is freaking quick, not too sure about that with such a large body kit like the veilside though. Well it doesn't matter anymore since he is going to start a new project anyways.

Best E.T. 13.559
Old 06-02-2010, 01:18 PM   #71
TorchedStealth
AF Enthusiast

Yeah his is a comptech 1.6L blower on 7psi with comptech longtube headers with a custom 2.5" catback we made. Still on stock internals as well. I want to find out what tuning software its running so I can make it a bit quicker. As it sits its roughly 350whp
Old 01-28-2011, 01:28 PM   #72
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

i bought a slow ass truck and sold the Stang....

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:21 PM   #73
CivRacer95
srs biznis

lol that sounds awfully terrible yet funny. I pray you get over the slowness.

Old 02-26-2011, 08:22 AM   #74
Muscletang
AF Premium User

I remember I came here in the days before youtube to get all the latest street racing videos that people found all over the internet and posted. Now, I can go to youtube and find everything I really need so...yeah. Was always fun to videos known on the racing underground forums like Blades '03 Cobra or that dude who had the black EVO in Florida that seemed to piss off allot of Supra owners. Good times here.

That and I also don't race anymore because I drive an Altima. No more Mustang or MR2 so...yeah.

silly rabbit, tricks are for kids...

I mean, WHY COULDN'T THEY JUST GIVE HIM SOME CEREAL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Ulrich
What?! Record sales are slumping? Must be from all those pirates. Can't be because we started sucking 10 years ago.
Muscletang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM   #75
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscletang View Post
I remember I came here in the days before youtube to get all the latest street racing videos that people found all over the internet and posted. Now, I can go to youtube and find everything I really need so...yeah. Was always fun to videos known on the racing underground forums like Blades '03 Cobra or that dude who had the black EVO in Florida that seemed to piss off allot of Supra owners. Good times here.

That and I also don't race anymore because I drive an Altima. No more Mustang or MR2 so...yeah.
I can only name like 3 guys in here that actually continue to race because all of us bought something slower and more conservative for the road these days lol

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing