Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 08:43 PM   #16
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi
Re: How/When did you get into street racing

uh?
dampachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:49 PM   #17
Thunderstang00
AF Newbie

when i got my first car, and still have it (2000 v6 mustang) i
instantly loved to drive fast. when i drove my car to school everyone loved it, except a couple of my friends thought it was a POS for being a V6 and an auto. anyway my friend got an eclipse gs manual and gave me crap all the time. so i raced him.. i beat his arse
from 0-115 by 3 cars. it shut him up, gave me respect, and now i love racing.
beat: 1997 eclipse GS
1999 civic
1987 civic
1980s-1990s acura

Loses: 2001 Camaro SS
1997 mustang Cobra

Racing Soon: 2000 BMW 528i
1996 Mustang GT
Thunderstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:50 PM   #18
noctorum
AF Regular

Thunderstang, why not the GT?
noctorum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 08:57 PM   #19
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95

This thread is full of noobs

Sadly.... The Fast and The Furious is what got me started

My dad and I used to race around all the time in the old TA. The day he handed it over to me was the greatest day of my life. I'll admit that I turned into one of those domestic assholes for a while, but learned my lesson quickly when some Neon (yes a Neon) beat me down coming around a corner. I floored it, and then he slowly walked me.

But, that's what got me into tuning. I wanted to know how things worked inside my engine, and I figured the easiest way to start was buy a Civic. One of the most simplest motors was that of a Civic. Plus the thrill of beating a V8 is a thought that always goes through my head day after day. Someday I will, regardless if it takes years or not . L8...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:01 PM   #20
ozbng
AF Newbie

a 16 year old racer scares the bejesus out of me
ozbng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #21
dampachi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to dampachi Send a message via MSN to dampachi Send a message via Yahoo to dampachi

You'll beat V8s one day civracer..even if they are in 5,000 pound trucks.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:21 PM   #22
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

I'll Admit im a noob only because im not 16 and i dont even have a leaners permit!!
xXx=BioHazard=xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:55 PM   #23
CivRacer95
srs biznis

Send a message via AIM to CivRacer95
Re: Re: How/When did you get into street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampachi
You'll beat V8s one day civracer..even if they are in 5,000 pound trucks.
I've beat trucks. I should have clarified and said something like a GT Stang or Vette . My fault. L8...

CivRacer95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:07 PM   #24
PWRDbyUNCLEbens
AF Enthusiast

I've always loved car ever since I traded in my Ranger Rick subscription to a Road and Track subscription when I was a wee lad. I love being able to see cars, and know the specs etc. My obsession with street racing probably started with F&F as well

After that movie I would get my brother in his lightly modded grand prix to race people. I was really into his car until I got my own . My first race came via my buddy who had a honda civic with a D16 who had a header, header back exhaust, and Intake. I was at JIB, and I told him to race my car which I said was a 1992 sentra se-r. He laughed allowed in front of his friends, and swore that he'd smoke me Honestly I thought I was going to get beat, but I still challenged him.

That wednsday night we met up in an industrial park, and he got owned twice. It felt so good to put him in his place (I kissed my car that night). I'd say a big push for me to race is getting people to realise that their are cars that you shouldn't talk shit about because theres a chance you might get beat. BTW many people talk shit about the ol' se-r so it makes it easy. When I get my sr20det I'm going to be learnin some people real good.

1992 Sentra SE-R: Bluebird SR20DET @ 10psi, 3" exhaust, FMIC, Poly-Urethane Motor Mounts, Centerforce (slipping) Clutch, Tein SS coilovers, FSTB, RSTB, 205/50/15 Hankook RS2's
PWRDbyUNCLEbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 10:20 PM   #25
dampachi
Banned

Ranger Rick?....WTF?
Old 02-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #26
xXx=BioHazard=xXx
AF Newbie

Re: Re: How/When did you get into street racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by dampachi
Ranger Rick?....WTF?
exactly WTF? wut kinda mag is that?
xXx=BioHazard=xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:05 PM   #27
youngvr4
STREET RACING GURU

first day i was able to drive without my mom in the car, i got into racing.
i just love speed, doesnt help that my dad use to street race all the time when he was young, and all the story's he would tell me........

like i said, the moment i got into a car, must have been a week and i was out racing in a damn 4 cylinder plymouth sundance against my cousins mercury mystique, or however you spell that. i had been racing far before the movie fast and furiuos ever came out. i was just exited that a movie was made about the stuff that we had been doing for so long. though it wasnt very realistic, it was still a good action movie.
the summer after that movie, i tell ya, we had about 100 cars a weekend at the races but after that movie, we had more like 200 cars a weekend. and a lot more recks
Old 02-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #28
PearlGT
AF Enthusiast

basically when I was really young (12-13) I saw the car of my dreams, it was a 3000GT and it triggered my interest in imports. I was also pulled in by my uncle who is 3 years older than me. Seeing fast and the furious did get me a little more interested but with the knowledge I have now I just can't help but laugh at the hollywood reproduction of the street racing scene.

My friends pretty much scoff at my taste in cars though. The friends that are into racing prefer domestics and the other guys are the ones who got brand new cars and don't understand why I would want to get a used car and spend money on a car with a lot of miles on it (to these guys a lot of miles is about 25,000).
PearlGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:08 PM   #29
nissanfanatic
240SX Guy

Send a message via ICQ to nissanfanatic Send a message via AIM to nissanfanatic Send a message via MSN to nissanfanatic Send a message via Yahoo to nissanfanatic

I'll also admit that TFATF had some to do with me. I really liked how the supra sounded. But really I wanted to understand how these guys were getting all this power out of engines 1/4-1/2 the size of what I was accumstomed to at the time, which was 350s, 454s, 427s ect. So I began to read and here I am.

1992 Nissan 240sx KA24DE-Turbo: The Showcar
Stock internals. Daily driven.
12.6@122mph
496whp/436wtq at 25psi
nissanfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 11:19 PM   #30
Underground_Killah
AF Enthusiast

Well, i'll be honest, i wasn't big into cars until i was about 20. After i broke up with my ex (whom did me real wrong) i drove a 88 crown vic and it got me from a to b. i didn't think too much on fast cars and the like because i didn't think i'd ever get one. (depressed killah at this point in life) when i turned 20, i still had the V, but i raced my friend in his 01 black v6 stang. Whooped him. something about going fast and from a-b in a quicker pace made me happy (twisted, but true) then i saw F+F after being hassled about not watching it at work (at winn dixie... evil company) so i was like "wow, car's can do that and not be in nascar?"

Then i got in my wreck with the suv, lost my V. Picked up the J30 and noticed it was faster than the V.... started racing it.

i guess it was just my time to discover it. ever since then (been about 2 years) i've loved cars and have been constantly researching them. I love doing body work on them and just tuning them. I can't wait till my neighbor let's go of the 240sx for me to fool around with (he's letting his son drive it now....) and i've called dibs. (i do his computer work, so he said when the time comes, the 93 will be mine during a trade for a computer...)

that is if his kid let's go of it.

either way, i say don't knock racing till you've tried it.

R.I.P. Hypsi87, A.k.a. Andy Filson
Underground_Killah is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Racing > Street Racing