Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 02:55 PM   #1
bigdaddyp
AF Newbie

Anyone ever put a chevy 350 in a tracker??

I'm thinking about doing this to a tracker I have the whole setup ready to go but need advice on mounts and front suspension. I would love to see the looks on these people when a tracker blows by. CRAZY??
bigdaddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:13 PM   #2
baumbr
AF Regular

Re: Anyone ever put a chevy 350 in a tracker??

Man, you are crazy! Talk about a sleeper, you had better put some wheelie bars on the back end to keep from flipping over.

The folks at Rocky Road Outfitters might have some suggestions as to the front end springs you will need. I'm willing to bet you'll have to fabricate the engine and transmission mounts. Maybe Advanced Adapters has something. Good luck.
baumbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #3
viperh
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to viperh Send a message via Yahoo to viperh

there sure is plenty of room in there.. you'll need stiffer springs and shocks... as far as motor mounts (easiest way) Find where the mounting points if any on the engine are and weld some motor mounts onto the geo. You'll probably need actual mounting plates instead of the rubber block the geo currently has. If you go mounting plate you'll definatly feel alot of vibration. But it would be fun. I'm trying to imagine the Ls-1 engine in my camaro in the geo... wow..bye bye drive train.

Then you'll need a tranny to attach to the 350 as the one in the geo a) won't fit and b) would blow itself up internally.

Definatly need upgraded drive shafts and differentials with something a little more bullet proof.

Go with a carbon fiber drive shaft specially made and probably 35 spline gears into the differentials.. then the only thing you would have top worry about is tipping.. so buy some wheel spacers and polyeurathane everything on the GEO
viperh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #4
viperh
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to viperh Send a message via Yahoo to viperh
Re: Re: Anyone ever put a chevy 350 in a tracker??

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperh
there sure is plenty of room in there.. you'll need stiffer springs and shocks... as far as motor mounts (easiest way) Find where the mounting points if any on the engine are and weld some motor mounts onto the geo. You'll probably need actual mounting plates instead of the rubber block the geo currently has. If you go mounting plate you'll definatly feel alot of vibration. But it would be fun. I'm trying to imagine the Ls-1 engine in my camaro in the geo... wow..bye bye drive train.

Then you'll need a tranny to attach to the 350 as the one in the geo a) won't fit and b) would blow itself up internally.

Definatly need upgraded drive shafts and differentials with something a little more bullet proof.

Go with a carbon fiber drive shaft specially made and probably 35 spline gears into the differentials.. then the only thing you would have top worry about is tipping.. so buy some wheel spacers and polyeurathane everything on the GEO
roll cage and 5 pt harness for safty.. maybe later add some laughing gas.

I almost forgot you'll need to upgrade your brakes, pads, and calipers to slow you down all that power..
viperh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 10:06 PM   #5
geofrog
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to geofrog Send a message via Yahoo to geofrog

I havn't seen a v8, but I read an article of them putting vortec v6's in them and driving up over 115 in the utah area. If a tracker can go 115 how much more power do you need.
geofrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:25 PM   #6
trackerguy
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyp
I'm thinking about doing this to a tracker I have the whole setup ready to go but need advice on mounts and front suspension. I would love to see the looks on these people when a tracker blows by. CRAZY??
I saw a Suzuki sidekick on ebay a few weeks ago with chevy lt1 engine in it...yes you can do it.
trackerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
TSOPbananaforyou
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via AIM to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via MSN to TSOPbananaforyou Send a message via Yahoo to TSOPbananaforyou

http://www.stlsr.com/forums/showthre...hlight=tracker

A guy sold this one about a year ago.
TSOPbananaforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #8
98tracker
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 98tracker

heres a link for V6 and V8 conversions...

http://www.suzukiconversion.com/v6tracker.htm
Old 01-18-2007, 01:01 AM   #9
smurfmobile
AF Newbie

Build a badass jeep frame with 350 axles, everyshit. then remove everything from under the tracker, then either weld the frames together,(seen an el camino like that, kindof cool), or make mounts for the tracker to jeep body mounts, frame mods, or whatever.
smurfmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 05:59 PM   #10
freekshow74
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to freekshow74

never a chevy 350 but im wanting to build a boss 302 boared 30 over to a 306 with a blower in a 94 4X4 that is dropped about 3" off the ground. if all goes well i should have a low 8 tracker.maybe lower times. dont know how a 2000 pound car will respend to around 750 hp at the flywheel. thats crazy. 10,000$ motor in a 1200$ car.
freekshow74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
EddieBear
AF Newbie

That's absolutely insane! I love it! Actually, I suspect that some severe suspension mods would be in order. I seriously doubt the weak lower control arms could handle the additional load; not to mention the front CV drivetrain, and the trans/xfer case replacement & driveshaft fabrication. The one thing you do have going for you is the fact that Tracker/Sidekicks are built upon a real full ladder-type frame, not that unibody crap. Although nice in theory, I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening when it comes to the rest of the vehicle.
That's why most of the conversions involve the Suzuki Samurai...

-EB
EddieBear is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Tracker