Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
1995caprice804
AF Newbie

factory keyless entry for 1991and1995 caprice

Okay guys i have a 1991 and a 1995 caprice that i want to put factory keyless entry. I have factory keyless entry modules and wiring from 1993 and 1994 buick roadmasters. So my questions are will they work together? And how do i wire them with no diagrams/color code? Any information/help is needed thanks.
1995caprice804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 01:25 PM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: factory keyless entry for 1991and1995 caprice

I wouldn't think that you would need any wiring.......normally, he harness is there......if it doesn't have keyless, the connector is usually there with no module attached.....

It's possible your Caprice ALREADY HAS KEYLESS IN THEM, you just don't have the fobs......did you check the SPID labels in the vehicles, to see if they have the keyless option? I am not sure of what the keyless option code would be though.....

Here are some codes I found....AU0, AU8, AX3 are possibilities...see if they are on your SPID labels....

AU0 : LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY – KEYLESS ENTRY (DOMESTIC)
AU1 : LOCK CONTROL, SIDE DR, FUEL FILLER DR, ELEC
AU2 : LOCK CONTROL, CARGO DR
AU3 : LOCK CONTROL, SIDE DR, ELEC
AU4 : LOCK CONTROL, SIDE DR, ELEC, AUTOMATIC
AU5 : LOCK CONTROL, REMOTE ENTRY, SPECIFIC FREQUENCY
AU6 : LOCK CONTROL, END GATE WINDOW, REM CONT ELEC
AU8 : REMOTE FUNCTION ACTUATION, SPECIFIC FREQUENCY
AV2 : SEAT, FRONT BUCKET, DRIVER, RECL, 8 WAY ADJUSTER
AV3 : HOOK, CARGO TIE DOWN
AV4 : SEAT, FRONT BUCKET, HIGH BACK, LESS TRIM
AV5 : SEAT, FRT BKT, HIGH BACK
AV7 : SEAT FRT SPLIT, SD/SO
AW2 : ADJUSTER, SEAT, MANUAL, 6 WAY, DRIVER
AW3 : ADJUSTER, SEAT, MANUAL, 6 WAY, PASS
AW4 : DOOR, SLIDING SIDE EXTENSION
AW5 : SEAT, FRONT BUCKET, LOW BACK, DRIVER & PASSENGER
AW9 : LOCK CONTROL, QUARTER STOW L L/CPMT
AX3 : LOCK CONTROL, KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM
AX4 : RESTRAINT, CONVERSION SEAT, MAN, EUROPEAN
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tech II For This Useful Post:
1995caprice804 (02-23-2015)
Old 02-22-2015, 08:36 PM   #3
1995caprice804
AF Newbie

Would i be able to get that info from a chevy dealer from my vin number maybe because someone painted over the spid label.
Old 02-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #4
1995caprice804
AF Newbie

Theres a spid in the trunk. They dont come with keyless.so can i wire the factory keyless from the roadmasters in my two caprices?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Your best bet, would be to go to a Chevy dealership, and get the manual.....copy pages of the wiring diagrams for the keyless entry....also the manual will give you the specific location(with pictures and words) of where the harness connectors are and where the module would be located.......

GM is kind of redundant, when it comes to wiring harnesses......so they would use the same harness, whether the vehicle had keyless entry or not.....it just wouldn't have the module.....so all you should have to do is attach the module to the existing harness connectors.....the only question is, do those module work for a specific year.....a chevy parts department should be able to tell you, by looking at the numbers on your module.....also make sure you have the correct key fob numbers, that correlate to the modules....a lot of fobs look alike......but it's the P/N on the back that determines if it will work with a certain model year.....
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:46 PM   #6
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1995caprice804 View Post
Okay guys i have a 1991 and a 1995 caprice that i want to put factory keyless entry. I have factory keyless entry modules and wiring from 1993 and 1994 buick roadmasters. So my questions are will they work together? And how do i wire them with no diagrams/color code? Any information/help is needed thanks.
I know the 1996 models buick/chevy are the same except for some slightly different wiring , very slightly... to do wireless you will need the receiver . this is mounted on the middle of the rear deck a 3x5inch X 1inch thick plastic box. should be 2 connectors there.. so if no wiring connectors at this location then no wireless. so lets say you do have these connectors , now tell me where you can get the receiver ..............
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 08:23 PM   #7
1995caprice804
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by j cAT View Post
I know the 1996 models buick/chevy are the same except for some slightly different wiring , very slightly... to do wireless you will need the receiver . this is mounted on the middle of the rear deck a 3x5inch X 1inch thick plastic box. should be 2 connectors there.. so if no wiring connectors at this location then no wireless. so lets say you do have these connectors , now tell me where you can get the receiver ..............

I have two keyless modules one from a 1993 and 1994 roadmaster but idk if either will work in my 1995 caprice 5.7 that is none keyless i sold the 91

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Caprice