Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Mustang > Non-Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Non-Performance This is the place for all interior, exterior, and general non-performance modifcations.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #1
huey224
AF Newbie

blower motor and signals not working?

got a 88 lx i just bought and the only thing that wont work is the blower motor and signals i ut a jumper wire on it and it works used a test light and there is no power coming in. i traced the source to a little black box under the dash that all the wires go in and when i put a jumper wire on it started clicking. what is this box? ford part number on it is
E6ZB-8C609-AA
huey224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #2
HiFlow5 0
Stanger

Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0
Re: blower motor and signals not working?

Quote:
Originally Posted by huey224 View Post
got a 88 lx i just bought and the only thing that wont work is the blower motor and signals i ut a jumper wire on it and it works used a test light and there is no power coming in. i traced the source to a little black box under the dash that all the wires go in and when i put a jumper wire on it started clicking. what is this box? ford part number on it is
E6ZB-8C609-AA
Which component did you jumper wire, which component did you use a test light with and which component did you trace the wires from?

Have you checked fuses yet, just to make sure you do not have any blown fuses? These two components run off different fuses and modules, so they should not be inter-related..

Directionals are controlled through the multi-function switch, do your hazards and high beams work?

Does the blower motor work on the high setting at all? Going back to my first question, did you check for voltage at the blower motor connector with the connector unplugged? Or did you check for voltage at the blower motor resistor? If the blower motor resistor went back (which is common) then you will have no voltage to the blower motor connector, expect only in the high position.

Here are a couple diagrams for reference, check the fuses and let me know about the other questions I asked as to where and what exactly you were testing.

-Craig
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuseblock.jpg (168.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg mfs.jpg (232.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg bmr.jpg (59.7 KB, 2 views)

HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
huey224
AF Newbie

I figured it out it was the cooling fan module/control thats where the wires went when i traced it and it was just clicking i unplugged it and the board was cooked!! it melted all the solder i found new ones but i think im going to take my chances at pullapart. thanks for the help
huey224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #4
HiFlow5 0
Stanger

Send a message via AIM to HiFlow5 0

You don't seem modules normally just cook, hopefully you don't pop another one when you swap it. Good luck.

HiFlow5 0 is offline   Reply With Quote