Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 08:03 AM   #1
rocasan
AF Newbie

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis - Air Conditioner System

About 3 months ago the cooling system was causing problems: It was not cooling off.
The air conditioner compressor was turning on and off continuously and I recharged the system with gas.
Since then, the compressor keeps kicking on and or off when the air conditioner is working.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Thank you.
rocasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:39 AM   #2
auto trainy
AF Enthusiast

Re: 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis - Air Conditioner System

It sounds like its working correctly as long as its cooling.
auto trainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 03:12 AM   #3
rocasan
AF Newbie

1998 Mercury Grand Marquis GS.- --
On March 22, 2017, I took my car to the Sears Auto Center in Plantation, Florida, as the compressor quit working. Sears sales advisor said that I needed replacement of the Air conditioning system (6-component-kit), as I agreed. It took 4 hours to do the work with a $700.00 bill.

The air conditioner was working fine until March 24, 2017, and after this date, when I was driving, and from time to time I was getting HOT air for a while and then changed to COOL air, back and forth.

On March 28th I went again to Sears Auto Center and explained the situation to the Sales advisor and the manager and I was told it would take sometime to check this out. It took 2 hours. They fixed the problem and the air conditioning was running smooth.

After I left the Sears Auto Center, about 20 minutes later, I started hearing noises, like “snoring” or sounds like it “coffee percolator”. I stopped at a red light and the noises continued, on and off. I got home and parked my car and the noises continue for a few seconds.

On March 31st, I went to Sears Auto Center located in Hialeah, Florida. I saw the Assisting Manager as he got a call from the Sears Store Manager from Plantation.

In Hialeah, the Air conditioner mechanic was running the car for about 30 minutes and he could not hear any noises.

In my way home from Hialeah, I starting hearing these noises until I parked my car.

I DID NOT HAVE THESE NOISES BEFORE THE RE REPLACEMENT OF THE AIR CONDITIONER SYSTEM.

Please advise.

Thank you.
Old 04-01-2017, 11:50 AM   #4
rocasan
AF Newbie

Please check this out.

Need your advice.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > Grand Marquis