Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > JDM Motor & Parts info/chat
JDM Motor & Parts info/chat Discussions on Mugen, Spoon etc. Plus, info on motor swaps (b18 's, b16's h22's etc) and other JDM info!
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
nokturnal21
AF Newbie

i-vtec 2.4L DOHC

hey whats going on im new to this site and to the honda world but i have a question i have a 2003 honda crv that was wrecked and totaled about a month ago the engine and transmission seem to be fine i cranked it and it started right up no problem and no weird noises...now my question is what other vehicle can i install that engine and transmission in or so the engine has 65k miles so i deffinately dont wana junk it.
nokturnal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 03:41 PM   #2
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

Re: i-vtec 2.4L DOHC

Honda Civics, Honda Accords, Acura RSXs, other CR-V's; pretty much anything that can fit a Honda/Acura K-series swap. Of course it's not going to be a simply plug and play deal, for most cars. You're likely going to need to buy a special mount kit, do some custom wiring, and some other parts here and there. But the info should be readily available online through a google search, once you figure out what chassis you're interested in.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
nokturnal21
AF Newbie

What do u have in mind would be an easier swap? I'm not lookin into fully sooping up the car I just need a daily driver I sure don't want a crv I don't like em.this crv that I have wasn't mine I bought it totaled just to reuse the engine n tranny maybe just the engine depends. I was thinkin civic or accord but not sure what years would be easier
Old 09-26-2011, 09:32 AM   #4
CivicSpoon
There is no Spoon

There are mount kits available for '88 Civics all the way up to '05 Civics and '90 Accords to '97 Accords. Of course both newer Civics ('06+) and Accords come with K-series engines in them, so those would work too. Check out http://hasport.com/store/ for mount kits. You're likely to find cheaper ones around online, from different companies, but Hasport is a well known company that makes quality mounts.

Beyond that, one thing to consider is emissions testing. Different states do different testing. Some smog test for all cars, some do it for OBD2 cars, some don't do any, while others have a mix or have certain rules. Where I'm from, for example, OBD1 cars ('95 or rare cases '94) or older don't get tested. But then I've been told my a mechanic I know, that '01 or newer cars require the stock ECU, regardless of what engine it is (1st I heard of that and haven't asked anyone else about it since). So find out your local laws, because having to deal with emissions testing with a swap (or heavy modifications as well) can be a huge pain.

As for easier, the '02-'05 Civic Si would probably be the choice. It already comes with a K-series engine, but would still need a little modification to work. Really your best bet would be to do a search for a specific swap (your engine is a K24A1 btw), or to check out a forum specific to K-series engines, suck as www.K20a.org. There should be some full detailed swap information/walkthrough around somewhere.
CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #5
nokturnal21
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info on that I'm ignorant when it comes to all these different codes for the many engines honda has to offer I'm used to swaping engines or workin on chevy 350s,305s,454s and currently workin on my.80 cadillac deville on rebuilding my engine.but I will look into those links and if I have further questions ill be sure to ask for more opinions. Thanks again