Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-13-2016, 08:04 PM   #1
dj1111
AF Regular

Door lock actuator or?

We have a 2008 Escape XLT with key less entry. The drivers side front door will no longer lock or unlock with the key fob or with the power switch inside the door. You can manually push the lock down to lock it and pull the inside door handle to unlock it but anything involving the power lock will not work. The other 3 doors work fine and you can hear sounds within the drivers door like a mechanism is doing something, but the little lock knob just sits there. Well It may move just slightly but just slightly if anything at all. Is there anything else we can look at other than replacing the very expensive actuator? Like is there a linkage that can become disconnected or something.

Thanks for any help.

Dan.
dj1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: Door lock actuator or?

I haven't had your year door apart before, but I'll bet it is similar to most others. The knob and handle use a separate rod from the actuator motor to connect to the lock. Since you say you hear that actuator and see slight movement, my first guess is the its rod has become bent and no longer has enough movement to engage the lock. My second guess is at each end of the rod it connects through plastic grommets. It might have dislodged from the connections or the grommets have broken. To find out what is really happening you will have to remove the inside panel and take a look.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid