Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Auto Collision Network The forum for Automotive and Collision repair schools, instructors, teachers and individuals in the industry helping to produced better qualified employees. In association with A.D.Smith NACAT, CRIN, ASA.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
The Javelin
AF Newbie

Point Me in the Right Direction

I have a 2004 Hyundai Accent GT 2D + Hatch. Years ago I managed the impressive feat of hitting another car at an intersection, and decided I should have it repaired. Estimated cost? $1300. Almost needless to say, I didn't have the work done. Since then I've had my brother knock out a fog light, and I've had a basketball hoop fall onto the roof, and I had a turn signal light torn out. Considering the economic pit we are trying to rebound from, costs I think, would be higher all around for any repairs. I've gone from bad, to worse. What would I be paying now? $2k? $3k?

What I need to know from the community on this forum is, can I get a list of the top most performing auto collision shops in the area of southern Puget Sound in Washington? Anywhere between Seattle, Chehalis, and Elma would be great. Reasonable costs plus good service is what I'm looking for, naturally. Quick note, I'm savvy with cars like a dog is savvy with thumb wrestling, so please don't expect me to know any jargon. Doing the work on my own then, is also nearly out of the question.

The original impact damage. The force of impact pushed the panel backwards.

More of the original. The impact caused the panel to crease slightly and interfere with the driver's side door.

Damage to headlight.

Headlight is no longer correctly aligned between lower lip of lens and bumper.

Versus the undamaged headlight which aligns the right way.

The path of destruction left by the rim of the basketball hoop.

Missing fog light. The light still works, and all wiring is still intact, but the assembly inside that holds the fixture has been broken. It's being held in place by none other than a bungee cord.

Missing turn signal. It was literally torn out with great force. What's left of the fixture in my trunk is a lost cause.
The Javelin is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Auto Collision Network