Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-27-2000, 07:29 PM   #1
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
Just wanted to know as to what everybody thinks about this car. I think it's awesome with 340hp and all,
but the headlights need some work.

Edited by: igor@af
igor@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2000, 09:19 PM   #2
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
Sweet Car... The headlight though are a bit nasty. I agree with you on that one. But it has the cool factor for just having 340 hp in a luxury based car... I think its awesome
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2000, 09:21 AM   #3
Split Infiniti
AF Newbie

I actually don't think the lights look all that bad. They're new HID lights which I think are pretty neat. But that's just my opinion.
Split Infiniti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2000, 03:16 AM   #4
unite@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to unite@af
I think that the pods are being overplayed as Enzo stated in a differnt message. I dont like to much crap stuffed into one headlight. I like simplicity in lights. I do love the true HID lights...
unite@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2000, 12:36 AM   #5
enzo@af
Old Mod

Send a message via ICQ to enzo@af Send a message via AIM to enzo@af
Headlights...Well, the shape with that front grill reminds me of something...I think, maybe a Sonata? I don't know. But yeah, unless done well, pod-style or projector headlight assemblies should be avoide.

----------
"Ferrari isn't a car, it's a lifestyle"
-Enzo Ferrari.
enzo@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 07:36 PM   #6
Piston1047
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Piston1047
newQ

I think the new Q looks great, and has nice attributes. The lights arn't that bad, considering the cars many positive attributes. Does anyone think it will sell better than the LS430
Piston1047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2001, 07:41 PM   #7
igor@af
Your friendly AF Admin

Send a message via ICQ to igor@af Send a message via AIM to igor@af
The New Q is coming out in about 1 month and a half!!
I simply can't wait.
Old 04-16-2001, 12:14 PM   #8
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
Wow do I ever want one! Has anyone seen that add for it that shows the interior in white leather with that pine colored wood? That looks absolutely amazing. I read about this car in a magazine, I guess they absolutely loved it too. Apparently the voice recognition didn't understand anything they had say, though. The vent louvers are cool, they swivel instead of being on one main vent thing that swivels , this way they can fold completely shut. One of the magazine guys inducted that interior to his personal auto interior hall of fame...it's really quite awesome.

Old 04-25-2001, 02:48 PM   #9
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
I like the car and the headlights (hid) I've seen a few Q's already on the showroom at my local dealership. Those crazy-ass headlights are supposed to be the best to ever come off a production car, supposively, I guess I have to see for myself :flash:

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Nismoboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2001, 05:05 PM   #10
i_rebel
Banned

Send a message via AIM to i_rebel
Thumbs up

I've been seeing the ads for a while, and I was amazed by the interior, as well as the headlights, which I love (kind of meminds me of a revolver).

I didn't really like the shape of it too much, at least not what I could see of it in print ads.

I saw one on the street yesterday though, and I still get pumped just thinking about it. The exterior styling is FRESH and UNIQUE . . . I'm not sure, but the wheels looked to be 17 or 18 inches. The car is awesome in the looks department, which is refreshing for the Infiniti flagship. The previous Q was looking a little funny . . . let alone the hideous appearance of the former I30, and the even less spectacular J30 . . .

In real life the front end doesn't appear as prominent as it does in print . . . when I saw it from a distance, I was thinking Benz, Lex ??? Until I saw the six-shooter headlight cluster . . .

The new Q is BAD!!!

Stevie B says so . . .

:sun:
i_rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2001, 10:34 AM   #11
Nismoboy1
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Nismoboy1
hell yeah that cars the sh*t

the car comes with 17" wheels and the 18" wheels are optional with the different packages its has...awesome

0-60 in 5.9 seconds...damn

For Sale: 18" Gold Axis Se7en's and Eibach Pro-kits also for a G20 P11. Check the Infiniti G20 Classifieds Here

***My G20 - Click Here***
Nismoboy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 09:32 PM   #12
Nizzan
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Nizzan
Yeah yeah, everyone knows that Nissan sucks at taking pics of their own cars. You have to see
this car in person. When I first did, I had to get a napkin to wipe the drool off of my face. It's
unique, sleek and very much sportier than the previous generation. I like the fat 18's on the sport
package, and the blue tinted head and reverse lights put a nice touch on the car. Its been getting
great reviews, and since it's been on sale, sales of the Q have gone up over 40% according to
http://www.nissannews.com.
Nizzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2001, 07:00 PM   #13
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Question The good, the bad, the ugly...

The good thing about the new Q's headlights is that the design is fully functional; all that junk in each of those housings work together to produce some of the brightest lights pointed to the right places on the road.

The bad thing is that they are somewhat unproportionate to the rest of the car; much like 2 huge eyes for a small body (hey isn't that what a lot of Japanese animation characters look like?!). I do think the vulcan-rotary-Terminator-2-minigun-style lenses are fairly unique (wouldn't it be cool if they spun around and shot out lasers?), but still, low-profile headlights always look classier than the new "light-house" designs we see here and in the new LS430.

Enough to call it ugly? You decide. (Maybe you can tell the voice-command system in the cabin, "Headlights, transform")
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:37 AM   #14
Heep
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Heep Send a message via MSN to Heep
I think they should make new headlights darker instead of brighter. I can't even see at night anytime some new car is coming at me. Use your high beams if you want more visibility. :alien:

Old 06-05-2001, 12:17 AM   #15
Morpheus XIII
AF Enthusiast

Think this is bad? I have heard of some developments of laser technology for headlight usage. Since lasers can be focused to such an accurate degree, when you look at the car with the lighting on, you will only see the minimum amount of lighting necessary to know that a car is there in front of you at night. But from an in-car view, your entire street surface in front of you will be highly illuminated due to the intense power of the laser (remember, MOST lasers can burn out your retina). Good luck on the DOT/SAE approval.

No matter how "accurate" a lighting system is, it is inevitable that many, many times the light is going to accidentally pass directly over the vision of another driver, perhaps on the apex of a hill or when driving over bumps (even with automatic height-level adjustment system). Dilemma dilemma...
Morpheus XIII is offline   Reply With Quote