Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #1
Teddie
AF Newbie

Standard maintanence costs: Brakes, Tranny Flush, etc.

2003 Dodge Caravan SE 2.4 Liter 4 Cylinder 3 Speed Transmission with Overdrive

I need new front brake pads (rotors are being resurfaced) and I have received a quote of $200-$250. I can either go the cheaper, economy route or the pricer deluxe route so my question is this. What are some good brake pad companies and at what point am I just wasting money? I live in the Portland Metro Area and am usually in some type of stop and go traffic or descending steep grades.

To have the Transmission Fluid and filter replaced I am being quoted $160 if I provide my own ATF+4 which I intend to do, but is that an unreasonable price to pay? Secondly, is the amount of fluid needed 5.8 Qts? Thirdly, is there a Transmission Fluid Drain Plug?

I kind of cannot believe that the owner's manual says there is never a need to change the Transmission Fluid under normal use. *face palm* The Transmission was rebuilt around the 80K mile mark by a good shop and this will be its first fluid change.
Teddie is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Caravan | Voyager