Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 02:45 PM   #1
Dsagers
AF Newbie

Considering Buying a Q45

Just returned from a short vacation to So Calif, and instead of spending too much time in the Magic Kingdom, I decided to look at cars. Found a really clean '95 Q45, dark red, but the owner wanted high book.

I'm really impressed with the Q45, quality, power, comfortable. All seems to be there.

After reading thru some of the threads, looks like the timing chain guides in the '94 and newer are important. Any other items to watch for?

Basically, looking for advice on buying a used Q45?

Also, what is the difference between an A, t and a standard model? Any other models I should consider?

Realize this is a very open ended question, and I will appreciate any advice.

Thanks
David
Dsagers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
jlgallag
AF Newbie

The issue with timing chain guides is with 1990 - 1993 Q45s, not newer ones as I think you stated in your post. If you want more information on first generation (90-96) Q45s you should try the NICO forums. The link to that site is provided below.

http://www.nissaninfiniticlub.net/forums/

You should be able to get more information about purchasing a first generation Q45 from those who regularly participate in the Infiniti General forum on that site.
jlgallag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 11:31 PM   #3
blakey2000
AF Newbie

buy mine!

buy mine! its on e b a y and its a no reserve listing!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6264

in raleigh, NC
blakey2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2005, 04:19 PM   #4
adranch
AF Newbie

Re: Considering Buying a Q45

Buy it!

I bought a 2002 about four months ago and I really like it. it's a joy to drive. I found one with only 20,000 miles for $29K. I was going to buy another Lexus LS430, but for the $10K to $15K less, I had to go with the Q. It's a blast to drive and all the bells and whistles are wonderful. And even with the monster motor, it still gets up to 24mpg on the highway.

You'll enjoy it. And you'll have the only one on the block. I've only seen two others in the whole city since I bought mine.
adranch is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cima | Nissan President | Infiniti Q45