Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 09:49 AM   #1
feeno
AF Newbie

buddy is in a bad way!!

my buddy is on vacation right now 1000 miles away from home and his tahoe is jacked. the only gauges that work are his speedo and tach, everyother gauge is at 0. the anitheft brake and ABS light is on but the brakes are fine. he called a local guy back home and he said it sounded like a module. he took it to a dealership where he is at and they hooked the big computer up to it and they said that it was 1 of 12 mods. they have had it for 2 days, the put it on the hoist and raise it up and the computer sayd everything is fine, drop it down and it says 1 is bad. pinched wire? he really only uses this truck to tow his boat 20 miles in the summer and his trip 2 florida, now. it sits all winter in his garage. i said maybe a mouse chewed a wire and bad connection or something like that. if anyone has any ideas he is open and is greatful. like i said on vacation on his way 2 florida, with 2 kids and a not so happy wife right now if ya know what i mean.
feeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 03:52 PM   #2
j cAT
AF Fanatic

Re: buddy is in a bad way!!

first thing is what yr vehicle ? engine ? etc.....

guages don't work but the vehicle runs normally ? step one check all fuses with a meter ....next remove the computer connectors and inspect for damage / green corrosion ...make sure fuses are not loose in the fuse holders...

the dealership is staffed with nothing but part changers

Last edited by j cAT; 03-26-2010 at 04:32 PM.
j cAT is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Tahoe