Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Trans Sport
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 07:14 PM   #1
dfinkw
AF Newbie

1993 Transport Keyless Programming

I'd like info on (a) where to purchase replacement keyless FOBS, and (b) how to program the receiver once I get some new FOBs (transmitters). The original FOBs for the 93 transport are pretty shoddy - the rubber pads deteriorate quickly, and the plastic ring breaks rather easily.

Will the FOB froma another GM make/model work?
Old 12-02-2003, 07:29 PM   #2
GODFATHERDAVID
AF Newbie

Re: 1993 Transport Keyless Programming

Any Joy From Any Source On This One? I Have Exactly The Same Question: Same Year, Same Van, Same . . . (trying To Help The Old Retired Marine Downstairs!)
Old 12-02-2003, 07:32 PM   #3
GODFATHERDAVID
AF Newbie

CAN ANSWER ONE QUESTION. I FOUND MORE THAN ONE REMOTE FOR THE TRANSPORT ON EBAY. PRICES AREN'T BAD. JUST BE AS SPECIFIC AS YOU CAN WHEN YOU GET TO THE AUTO SECTION, AND YOU'LL GET THERE IN 2KEYSTROKES. THE LOCAL PONTIAC DEALER TESTED IT FOR ME FOR NOTHING. BUT iI STILL NEED THE REPROGRAMMING INFO.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:18 PM   #4
dfinkw
AF Newbie

Thanks for the info/response GFD. The programming is easy. Find the receiver box. It's a black plastic box above the passenger kickplate. Easier if you take the glovebox out. On it, there is a small tab that pushes in. Turn the key to the on position, and push and hold that plastic tab in for about ten seconds. You will hear the locks cycle through a lock and unlock phase. Let go of the button and turn the key off. This clears all previous remote transmitters. Turn the key back on, and hold that tab in for about 1 second and let go. Then press a button on the remote for a few seconds. It should now work. If you have additional remotes, program them now.

This was the instruction given by the local goodwrench mechanic so I could add the wife's FOB, but we never found it. It does work for mine, except it only locks the doors as the open portion is bad (thus why I need new ones).

Thanks again for the tips/info.
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #5
lima2000us
AF Newbie

Dfinkw, i'm having the same problems. theres two cloveboxes, are you talking about the one directly in front of the passenger?

Ohio2003