Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2001, 12:58 PM   #1
ANACC2NV
AF Newbie

xenon bulb question?????

My friend wants to get xenon bulbs for his car but he cant seem to find them anywhere....anyone know what company makes them or what site i can find them on???
Old 12-12-2001, 10:54 PM   #2
nebular18
AF Newbie

Is your friend looking for the 'real' xenon bulbs or for halogen bulbs that gives out similiar bluish white light?
My 325i has original xenon bulbs, i guess of your friend wants to to install them, the best way is to go to the BMW dealer to install them as they will know how to install all the complicated electrical components required for the high voltage xenon bulbs need. I won't recommand aftermarket, cause the fitting, wiring, etc may not be similiar and could mean some fried electronic component if not installed properly. I think the ones from BMW will cost about $500-$800 for parts and labour. Not very sure though.
If your friend is thinking of getting the halogen type, think you can find it at most big shopping malls. I got 4 of them for my daylight driving lights and for my foglights. They cost about CAD $20 each and they look pretty similiar to original xenon light, except that thy are not as bright.
Oh anyway i stay in Vancouver and i bought them at an auto shop in Metrotown, Burnaby.
Hope this helps.
nebular18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 07:05 AM   #3
ANACC2NV
AF Newbie

no he just wants aftermarket bulbs...that give the little bit of blue tint to them...
Old 12-13-2001, 05:15 PM   #4
ANACC2NV
AF Newbie

no one knows???
Old 12-13-2001, 05:53 PM   #5
nebular18
AF Newbie

Hmm guess he can just go to any auto shop and buy the bulbs. They have different range of colour, from yellow to bluish to white and so on. Usually they have a colour chart for you to see. Anyway besides halogen bulbs that have a bluish tint, they also have plasma bulbs which basically produce white light and are brighter than the halogens one. Unfortunately they cost more. Installation should be easy, just check the vehicle manual.
nebular18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 12:50 PM   #6
e46bmw
AF Newbie

Lightbulb

You could try the Cool Blue headlights from Sylvania. They give off a Xenon like light that is still street legal.
e46bmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2001, 01:50 PM   #7
328isRob
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to 328isRob
Ugh... don't get the cool blue's from Sylvania. I got them for my car. The high beams are great and bright, but the low beams don't match in color. Plus the low beams don't put out a really bright light. My headlights look rainbow colored now. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 12-17-2001, 10:20 AM   #8
audiophilepunk
AF Newbie

lights

Try a place called prostreetlighting.com They are in FL. I bought a conversion kit for my wifes E30 and my E28 and replacement bulbs for my E36. They have all variations of halogen bulbs and fog light bulbs too. They look classy not cheap. The people are helpful and fast and the prices are good.
Adam ><>
audiophilepunk is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series