Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > AF in General > Hot and Not
Hot and Not Express your opinion about this site here. Any comments, good or bad, are welcome.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 AM   #16
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Re: Whats uP with the AddZZZ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakray
Ads = free AF

No ADs = pay for AF...

So why the heck are the paying members seeing the frigging annoying Ford ads?
I am not a paying member, but a premium member told me he sees the ads.

I refuse to pay AF to not see a Ford ad in my posts. Embedded ads stay, and I leave. And I will request someone to remove every one of my posts from this site. I refuse to shill for the Ford Motor Company. Banner ads are one thing, but embedded ads are the straw that broke this camel's back
Old 08-29-2006, 07:01 AM   #17
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
I am not a paying member, but a premium member told me he sees the ads.

I refuse to pay AF to not see a Ford ad in my posts. Embedded ads stay, and I leave. And I will request someone to remove every one of my posts from this site. I refuse to shill for the Ford Motor Company. Banner ads are one thing, but embedded ads are the straw that broke this camel's back
Like Freakray said you either pay for service or expect to see ads, there was a problem with the ad showing up for premiun members but I think that will be taken care of .

Also, if anyone decides to leave, your posts are not being taken down unless they are spam or obscene.
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)

Last edited by FormulaLT1; 08-29-2006 at 01:33 PM.
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #18
bhop73
AF Enthusiast

You guys that want to leave an informative website like this one because of a few pixels of ad space crack me up.. hah, hah..
Old 08-29-2006, 12:11 PM   #19
suicidehummer
Banned

I personally despise ford becauase my mom owns 2 fords and they're s**t on
wheels. The minivan is leaking antifreeze, and the car has almost some kind of
cracking-bone sound when you turn the wheels. Horrible. Zoom zoom, don't
leave!
suicidehummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #20
xeroinfinity
out saving the world

those ads arent that bad, they are small and at the top...

At least they dont float around blocking you from viewing the pages, and ya !
This is what it takes to be free.

this week its ford next week it'll be something else
~ what babies ~
Old 08-29-2006, 04:10 PM   #21
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

Perhaps the A/F apologists and extortionists would like to pay me with all this bountiful Ford advertising booty to cover what happened to me via a lousy Ford product, and why I will never own one again nor allow their ads in any post I make on any site.

I made a huge mistake in late 1990, I stupidly sold my '88 Mustang LX 5.0 to a co-worker. I bought Ford's top-of-the-line Taurus SHO, a 1990 model. Sticker price was $25,550. The day I got it the JBL stereo system blew up-half the speakers didn't work, and the CD player was inoperative. From there it was downhill. The car was an utter piece of crap. Obviously not built on a Friday or Monday, but on a Sunday morning after an all-night drunk. There was always something wrong with it, the car was incredibly under-engineered. Three clutches in 56,000 miles. One set of motor mounts. Five sets of brake rotors. The factory radio head unit had to be replaced twice. The ignition switch shorted and nearly burned the car down (I wish it had). The A/C blend door failed. The driver's window failed. The A/C compressor failed. The car had rust over the rear bumper at 6 mos. old (and I live in the south). The sunroof rails had to be replaced twice. The shifter was the sloppiest POS I've ever used in any other car. The leather seats cracked very quickly, even with faithful application of Lexol products. The paint faded and was acid-rain damaged within a year. The oil pressure sending unit failed and leaked a lot of oil. The thermostat developed a bad leak. Numerous dealers were all woefully unable to deal w/the car's problems. Had I not had an extended warranty, I would have been sunk. The ONLY quality piece in the entire car was the Yamaha engine. Everything else was complete and utter SHIT. I traded the car as soon as I had enough equity to get my down payment back, and never looked back as the 60K service was extremely expensive and coming up, and the car also was in need of new struts at that point, and the warranty was running out. In contrast my now 18 year old Mazda 929 has never since it was new had half as many issues as the Taurus had in 3 1/2 years. My 10 year old Miata has had only two repairs ever, to repair a leaking clutch hydraulic system and a broken antenna mast. I bought a Nissan Altima when I traded the Taurus, it was built like a Mercedes by comparison. It's still in the family and still on the road and still looks new, though it has had a few repairs to replace/repair 02 sensors and a gasket to seal the exhaust manifold, and a bad distributor. But it's 12 years old now...

So go ahead and call me whatever the hell you want, I refuse to have my name soiled by the placement of a Ford ad in my posts. I have about 25,500 good reasons why I feel the way I feel. I refuse to ever purchase a new Ford ever again, and I for goddamned sure won't pay anyone for the "right" to not have a Ford ad in a post I make. Even only ONE person seeing a Ford ad in one of my posts is too many. End of story.
Old 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM   #22
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoomZoomMX-5
So go ahead and call me whatever the hell you want, I refuse to have my name soiled by the placement of a Ford ad in my posts. I have about 25,500 good reasons why I feel the way I feel. I refuse to ever purchase a new Ford ever again, and I for goddamned sure won't pay anyone for the "right" to not have a Ford ad in a post I make. Even only ONE person seeing a Ford ad in one of my posts is too many. End of story.
So cause you had one bad experience with a specific make we are not allowed to have them advertise here cause you're a member? . The fact is you're advertising a Ford product. Who do you think owns the controlling share of the company that makes that rotating car in your sig and listed in your profile?. If you feel so strongly about not having anything to do with Ford, I would strongly urge you to debadge your car as soon as you get home .
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)

Last edited by FormulaLT1; 08-29-2006 at 07:08 PM.
FormulaLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:07 PM   #23
ZoomZoomMX-5
AF Fanatic

I suggest if A/F is going to embed ads in posts to hit up Mozilla, for Firefox and Adblock ads. Two awesome products which eliminate visible ads on A/F and they don't cost the end user a dime

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD