Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Diecast Car Modeling Discuss and show diecast vehicles that you have modified, or that you have collected.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #1
CadillacPat
AF Newbie

" SuperBowl Saints Deco Delivery Van "

" New Orleans Saints Deco Delivery Van "

The Saints finally won their SuperBowl this year and the party is still going on in New Orleans.
No big change really since Game Night has always been a big Party Night in N.O. win or lose.
Le Bon Temps Rolle,

HW has come up with a few interesting new castings in the Limited lines this past year.
I've always passed up the Deco Delivery but chancing onto one in the Grocery the other day I decided to try one out.
It's made with some very good body definition which offers itself up to a real nice three tone paintjob.

While tedious to tape it's not too difficult with patience, plenty of patience, and of course the right tape, Tamiya Masking Tape.

Disassembled and the body is stripped with KleanStrip AirCraft Remover.
Sanded and filed to remove casting scars, window openings and wheel wells are filed and sanded smooth, then the whole thing is rubbed down with #3 Steel Wool, brushed with a soft Brass wire brush to remove any remaining debris, and then washed and dried with a lint free chamois.

Solid factory headlights and lower highbeams are drilled out (Frenched) for more realistic Rhinestone inserts.

Primered and the upper panel windows and rear door (where Decals will go) are shot Shimrin White and then taped,
Fenders are shot Black, then InterCoat Cleared for taping,
Fenders are taped with Tamiya Masking Tape, no sticky FlameMasks, StickerMasks or other stuff.
Sides are also shot Shimrin White, InterCoat Cleared, and then because of their shape, taped and backfilled with MicroScale Liquid Mask.
Roof is shot Solar Gold, all tape is removed, and it's baked in one of my Ovens for an hour or so.

Rhinestones are installed and Decals are laid down.

ClearCoated with HOK Urethane Enamel Clear and a heavy dose of Sparkling Gold Pearl Powder.
The Pearlized Clearcoat ties all the colors together into the same temperature zone.

All Products Used Are Exclusively House Of Kolor, Of Course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

The Deco Delivery is a better HW ($3.99) car in one of their Limited Series, it comes with nice whitewall rubber tires and chrome Cragar mags.
However, I've used my Custom Cut Chrome Center Caps to dress out and hide those ever present factory open end axles.

Taillights are detailed.

Rivet Reassembly.
Geaux Saints

Keep your eyes peeled and Stay Tuned for the New Orleans Saints Bread Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--CadillacPat the UnCustomizer--
Keeping the ZING in CustomiZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CadillacPat is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Diecast Car Modeling