Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 02:20 AM   #1
1mikebowman
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to 1mikebowman Send a message via Yahoo to 1mikebowman
Question Depo Angel Eye Install

Ok, I purchased these Depo Euro Headlights on Ebay. The ad said everything was pre installed, meaning angel eyes. Well I get the package and they are not installed. So....Me being the DIY man that I am, I need to get these installed. Heres the catch, no instructions in the box? Not sure why, but none. Anyways, i found some vague instructions online, of course they are not my exact ones, but I just need to look at the pictures. I'm an Engineer, how hard can it be right? Yeah right. To make a long story short. i got the angel eyes installed but heres the thing. I see that everyone is installing the angel eyes on the outside of the circle glass lens. I see some pics where it looks likes it's mounted on the chrome headlight bulb housing. Now the Angel Eye kit that was in my box with the headlights are plastic with an aluminum shielding on the back. Well I didn't like the look or the idea of mounting them to the outside of the glass so Imounted them on the chrome bulb housing. Heres the main question.....are the angel eyes too close for comfort to the bulbs...meaning will they melt? I haven't installed the headlights into the car yet becuase I dont want to destroy them, never the less, stain or damage the actual headlight. Anyone have any explaination on this whether the bulbs get that hot. If they do I guess I need to mount them to the circular glass. No biggie, the project wasn't that hard, just time consuming. My M3 should be completed in a few weeks and I'll post pics. I converted all the electronics to blue LEDS, white guages with chrome rings, LED Taillights (which look GREAT) I'm going to be doing suspension and rims upgrades too but maybe not right now, thats an extra $3,500. Anyways, thanks for any help with this.....Mike
1mikebowman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > 3 Series