Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 01:41 AM   #1
will69camaro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to will69camaro
Help picking a wheel

Does anyone know a good wheel choice for the Revell Viper GTS? My gf is building one and it's our first attempt painting with nail polish...Its giong to be orange, and we're looking for a wheel like the fujimi BBS LM or similar. It will have chrome lip and possibly black center. Thanks for any and all help.

William

p.s. Hopefully this orange comes out...Its bad ass. I felt weird looking at nail polish and getting excited about colors though
Old 10-03-2004, 02:43 AM   #2
mike united
AF Enthusiast

Cant help with the wheel thing but i know what you mean about the nail polish, i bought some too and i had a hard time convincing the woman at the store that it was for painting model cars, dont think she beleived me, think it had something to do with the fact that my finger nails had remains of Italian red on them from the previous evenings paint job !!!
Mike.
mike united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:33 AM   #3
will69camaro
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to will69camaro
Re: Help picking a wheel

LOL it wasn't that hard for me because my gf was there but i can only imagine what it'd be like by myself...We're going to spray another initial mist coat today (12 hours after the first) and then it will be onto wet coats tomorrow, following the tutorial on briansmodelcars.com and hoepfully it will come out as nice as it looked on the test piece. What kinda primer do you use? We're using krylon surface grey over the entire model with krylon white over the surfaces to be painted and it's workingpretty well.

I also bout a color that resembles "mystic" from the 96 mystic cobras and i'm planning on painting the superstallion that color.

TTT for wheel help
William

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling