Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
Cheybree
AF Newbie

Angry 02 escape oil in trainee vice versa HELP

I have a 2002 ford escape and I don't know how I did it but there is oil in the trainee fluid and trainee fluid in the oil. Any suggestions to how this could have happened and how to fix it. My car runs but after the fluids mix together none of the gears work. I did not feel the transmission slipping at all!
Cheybree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #2
65comet
AF Enthusiast

Re: 02 escape oil in trainee vice versa HELP

You need a new radiator. Stop driving it. The radiator broke internally between the tranny cooler and anti-freeze wall. The anti-freeze will mess up the clutch packs in the trans, cause them to swell then fall apart. Then that can lead to real expensive repairs. Even if they don't fall apart, their swelling can cause the clutch pack housing to crack and it will stop containing proper pressure inside it. Get the new radiator in. Then get it to a trans shop and have them do a complete flush to get all the anti-freeze out of its system. The radiator swap will drain out the anti-freeze side. You should do a flush on that as well since the radiator hoses aren't designed to handle trans fluid. It can soak into them and make them soft.
If you say it won't move now, it might be too late for that trans.
65comet is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid