Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > GMC > Yukon
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 07:07 PM   #1
tleej
AF Newbie

Question Problem with transmission kick down feature etc Help

Hi. Brought my 01 GMC Yukon XL in to be serviced. Approx 27000 mi. The SES light is on. On the highway it doesn't go into overdrive and the kickdown feature when hitting the trottle isn't working. According to the computer whatever happened, happened 400 mi ago and while it was standing still. The mystery deepens when they say they think it is related to non GM wiring? They thought I installed a remote starter. I never had anything done to the truck since getting it in 01?? There is a small black box to the right of the rearview mirror on the windshield that nobody (dealer mechanic) knows what it is. Their claiming it was not a factory installed item that year and they though I had a remote starter installed that may be contributing to this problem(s). Now I'm really wondering what this is all about? Any ideas?
tleej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 12:26 AM   #2
herefordman
AF Regular

Re: Problem with transmission kick down feature etc Help

If you didn't buy it new, think I would be digging into the little black box and finding out what that is, if nobody at the dealer or the mechanics or otherwise recognize it, I would be concerned about what it could be ....GPS for some kind of theft protection maybe ?? If its really a remote starter it should be easy to figure that out, follow the wiring.
herefordman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 01:39 PM   #3
GMMerlin
I know stuff

Re: Re: Problem with transmission kick down feature etc Help

There are some GM tech bulletins for trans problems on those models relating to no 4th gear and the SES light being on...
As far as the blck box, could have been for a car phone or some kind of gps theft tracker.
GM WCT
Yea..I work at a DEALERSHIP....got a problem with that?

Want to diagnose cars like the Pros? FOR SALE: OTC Perception 2 channel Labscope (badged as a Matco Reality)
This is my personal labscope that I use to diagnose waveforms, like new, comes with leads and training video
PM Me for details
GMMerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 10:52 PM   #4
Regency Burb
AF Newbie

I had a similar problem, turned out to be a clogged fuel filter.
Regency Burb is offline   Reply With Quote