Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-10-2001, 09:23 PM   #16
2001 AE
AF Enthusiast

Re: Damn Cadillacs

Great Wheels Cyko :licker:
Old 10-14-2001, 02:32 AM   #17
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to irvine78 Send a message via Yahoo to irvine78
a S2000...oh yeah...one of the better racing ever...

and a Z28 at the strip..although i lost by .4 sec, i was ahead of the Z28 until i missed my 3rd gear....that was pretty good race too...

Check out my new homepage!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/irvine78
mods:Stillen/Premier custom intake, Stillen y-pipe, Stillen front strut tower bar, Stillen rear sway bar, Stillen touring front lip, Stillen side skirts and rear valence, GReddy Evolution cat-back, MSD In-line fuel pump, 2 B&M fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi with VDO read out gauge, Unorthodox racing UDP, Custom 8puck racing clutch/pressure plate, 100shot NOS, Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, 300ZX TT front calipers, 12.4inch 3000GT VR-4 cross drilled/slotted front rotors, custom rear superslot rotors with AXISS metal master pads, SS breaklines, red painted calipers, Joshua Tree carbon fiber dash kit, Pacesetter short shifter with MOMO knob, aluminum RAZO pedals, panasonic head unit, Alpine amp and single 12" JL sub, autometer air/fuel, oil pressure guages, Gunmetal Gray 18x7.5 AXIS SE7ENs with 225/40/18 Falken tires/19x8 WORK ESPERIO IIs with 245/35/19 Yokohama AVS Sports, front/rear clear corners, factory fog lights, factory spoiler and 00-01 SE tail lights, AE headlight conversion, JDM style yellow Raybrig blubs up front/rear, APEXi RSM.....shoot...did i leave something out?
irvine78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 12:30 AM   #18
black019
AF Enthusiast

my best race happens about every friday. i race my friend who has a 97 max se. he always wins cuz he has a 5 sp. i just ordered a y-pipe so its on

High Octane Boards - Members Wanted
http://www.mnbmotorsports.com/forum
black019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 02:02 AM   #19
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to irvine78 Send a message via Yahoo to irvine78
Quote:
Originally posted by black019
my best race happens about every friday. i race my friend who has a 97 max se. he always wins cuz he has a 5 sp. i just ordered a y-pipe so its on
uh oh..the y-pipe...
best of luck..

Check out my new homepage!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/irvine78
mods:Stillen/Premier custom intake, Stillen y-pipe, Stillen front strut tower bar, Stillen rear sway bar, Stillen touring front lip, Stillen side skirts and rear valence, GReddy Evolution cat-back, MSD In-line fuel pump, 2 B&M fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi with VDO read out gauge, Unorthodox racing UDP, Custom 8puck racing clutch/pressure plate, 100shot NOS, Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, 300ZX TT front calipers, 12.4inch 3000GT VR-4 cross drilled/slotted front rotors, custom rear superslot rotors with AXISS metal master pads, SS breaklines, red painted calipers, Joshua Tree carbon fiber dash kit, Pacesetter short shifter with MOMO knob, aluminum RAZO pedals, panasonic head unit, Alpine amp and single 12" JL sub, autometer air/fuel, oil pressure guages, Gunmetal Gray 18x7.5 AXIS SE7ENs with 225/40/18 Falken tires/19x8 WORK ESPERIO IIs with 245/35/19 Yokohama AVS Sports, front/rear clear corners, factory fog lights, factory spoiler and 00-01 SE tail lights, AE headlight conversion, JDM style yellow Raybrig blubs up front/rear, APEXi RSM.....shoot...did i leave something out?
irvine78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 02:29 AM   #20
Cumalot
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cumalot
I can't find any good races lately. Hm...I wonder why.
Cumalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 10:08 AM   #21
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Does it have an S and a C in it?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cumalot
I can't find any good races lately. Hm...I wonder why.
Come on over to WA, I'll race ya!
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2001, 01:16 PM   #22
Cumalot
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Cumalot
Quote:
Originally posted by mtrai760
Does it have an S and a C in it?

Come on over to WA, I'll race ya!

I bet it would be a good race too. I could ask Mardigrasmax to race me, but I'm sure I would get toasted. Hm...maybe a small shot of NOS would help.
Cumalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2001, 05:41 PM   #23
lockemiester
AF Newbie

so far it was a 2001 Chevy Impala. Had lo let off a few times (because it took him a while to get up to speed) or I would have plow into his rearend. But when he got it going it was fun to waste him
Old 10-23-2001, 10:17 PM   #24
sx7r
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sx7r Send a message via Yahoo to sx7r
LS1's, rx7's, supra TT's
Old 10-23-2001, 11:17 PM   #25
Primer
AF Newbie

My friend's moded Celica GTS, at first we were neck to neck but eventaully he pull up ahead.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:36 AM   #26
Cyko
AF Enthusiast

What ????

How much money exacly did your friend spend on that Celica ??? Those are much slower then the Maximas, I had a GTS cabrio before and they look nice but their engine sux. Well, I was racing a Maxima 2000 SE and a Mitsu Eclipse GS-R or somethink like that and they both lost because of their suspension. What I mean is that we were racing in medium traffic on a freeway and I kicked their ass big time cause I could change lanes in no time and I would squizzzzzz between cars, while they were stuck behind other cars. After a while we were going 115MPH and even at a light turn they had to break alittle with their stock suspension. Me, well , that's a diffrent story I did wait for them like 3 or 4 times. The funny part is that I was so concentrated on the racing that I missed my exit, hehe. ...

BTW - Kids, don't try this at home

P.S- Why does my maxima go only 120MPH ???? Thats not enough for a 6 banger. My friend has a BMW 328is 1994 or 5 and he can kick my ass just because of that damn limit, whats up with that ??
Attached Images
File Type: gif maximus.gif (76.4 KB, 118 views)
Cyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 11:59 AM   #27
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Re: What ????

You have a speed limiter on your car because it came with S rated tires stock. You have 4 options: 1- Buy a Modified ECU, the limiter is removed on them; 2-Buy an ECU from an SE, GLE, or GXE with the comfort and convienience package, they don't have limiters; 3-live with it; 4- Look at the right side of your ECU, on the right side of the bolt there is a pink and blue wire, cut it, put a switch on it. When you turn the switch off, you will no longer have a speed limiter, but if you leave it off too long you will have a check engine light, and you will have to reset your ECU. Disclaimer: Do whatever you want to your car, I take no responsibility if you screw it up! Have fun.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyko
How much money exacly did your friend spend on that Celica ??? Those are much slower then the Maximas, I had a GTS cabrio before and they look nice but their engine sux. Well, I was racing a Maxima 2000 SE and a Mitsu Eclipse GS-R or somethink like that and they both lost because of their suspension. What I mean is that we were racing in medium traffic on a freeway and I kicked their ass big time cause I could change lanes in no time and I would squizzzzzz between cars, while they were stuck behind other cars. After a while we were going 115MPH and even at a light turn they had to break alittle with their stock suspension. Me, well , that's a diffrent story I did wait for them like 3 or 4 times. The funny part is that I was so concentrated on the racing that I missed my exit, hehe. ...

BTW - Kids, don't try this at home

P.S- Why does my maxima go only 120MPH ???? Thats not enough for a 6 banger. My friend has a BMW 328is 1994 or 5 and he can kick my ass just because of that damn limit, whats up with that ??
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 12:19 PM   #28
MAXIMASE2000
AF Enthusiast

Last friday on my way to work in the afternoon on palatine road and AH road. There were 3 lanes, I was in the far right and the middle on was a Ford Escape. I knew when the light turn green I have to move to the middle lane because the middle and the far right lane is merging. The light turn green I speed up so I can pass in front of this Escape but this dude refuse to give me an inch and floor the gas and I can hear his engine screaming at the time and we are side by side. I knew the the 2 lanes merge very soon so I floor my gas pedal all the way. From 0 to 35mhp we were side by side but after that I can feel the Max launch I mean very fast. The last thing when I look back at the mirror I was around 1/2 block in front of him( It was hard to measure car lanes). I was around 85 mph when I look back at him. Some Suv owners think they got a small suv and think their Suv outrun car, THINK AGAIN. :right:

STILLEN AIR INTAKE
PIAA H4 SUPERPLASMA
SUPERWHITE TURN SIGNALS
CLEAR CORNER LENSES
20TH AE DOOR SILLS
WOOD DASH
MAXIMASE2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2001, 12:43 PM   #29
Cyko
AF Enthusiast

How much , Where ???

Since my tires jumped few letters in the alphabet to Z I'm wondering how much is a ECU , the sports one ??? My GLE is full equiped , winter package , all that it could possibly be equiped with (no moonroof tho).

Where could I buy it cheaper ??? How much for the PIAA hyperwhite bulbs, can I put them everywhere or just the main lights ???

BTW, my maxima saved my life so many times. One time I was following my creazy friend who was driving 75 mph in a 40 zone, it was a 2 lanes street. So I'm behind him and we were on the right lane (parking space, but this I didn't know), he was passing a Chrysler and he changed to the left lane. All I saw in front of me was parked cars, and that Chrysler to my left. I had maybe 70ft of space left. I had a choice , start braking from 75 mph to 0 in 70ft , or press the pedal to the metal. I knew that I wont make it braking. My heart was pounding like creazy, and my friends in the back where screaming "Oh my God" then I floored my pedal and TAKE OFF. I said to myself, well fuck it, if I die, it ain't going to be while braking. And I made a creazy ass lane switch at maybe 90mph in a 40mph zone. My friends kicked my ass after we got out of the car, you could accualy smell the sweat , hehehe. I was shaking for few seconds , then a couple of hours later I was racing back home. Well my nickname says it all : CYKO . That situation really gave me alot to think of. My conclutions where simple : ADRENALINE ROCKS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg magz.jpg (89.5 KB, 115 views)
Old 10-24-2001, 12:51 PM   #30
Cyko
AF Enthusiast

SUV's haha.

Well MAXIMASE2000, if you think that SUV's are slow then think again. My friend has a Range Rover and last week we were racing a 5.0 Mustang. This car can eat a maxima for lunch. The guy in that Mustang was all proud so I told my friend to lower the ride and put it in 4x4, when the light was green it was like NASA, I was glued to the seat, the mustang was even with us, then we had to slow down (thnx god). The only problem was that we couldn't go faster on 4x4 mode. Max 60mph. Still, I don't think that all SUV's are slow, try to race a Yukon Denali.
Attached Images
File Type: gif e'n'me.gif (50.3 KB, 115 views)