Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 09:19 AM   #151
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i'd rather talk to a newbie than some ass-hole who posts 500 bullshit posts about his piece of shit 4 banger altima in the maxima forum. just accept it...

YOU BOUGHT THE SLOWEST CAR IN THE NISSAN LINEUP AND WASTED AROUND $20K IN THE PROCESS.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2003, 04:50 PM   #152
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Heres my thing, Your ALTIMA weighs 3028 lbs, A Spec V weighs 2743 lbs with the same engine as you ----- 175hp w/ 180lbs of torqe--- I think a spec V would take you!!! I'm not talking $hit but what your saying isn't ADDING up. YOU WEIGH MORE THAN A MAX WITH WAY LESS HP. HOW COULD YOU WIN???

P.S I know your short tempered so once again I'm not talkng $hit, because arguing over the internet is like the special olympics, no matter who wins, your still retarded. NO OFFENSE TO THE DISABLED
Old 01-22-2003, 05:22 PM   #153
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR
Heres my thing, Your ALTIMA weighs 3028 lbs, A Spec V weighs 2743 lbs with the same engine as you ----- 175hp w/ 180lbs of torqe--- I think a spec V would take you!!! I'm not talking $hit but what your saying isn't ADDING up. YOU WEIGH MORE THAN A MAX WITH WAY LESS HP. HOW COULD YOU WIN???

P.S I know your short tempered so once again I'm not talkng $hit, because arguing over the internet is like the special olympics, no matter who wins, your still retarded. NO OFFENSE TO THE DISABLED
Hahaha, JB how does it feel to be owned?
Old 01-22-2003, 11:32 PM   #154
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to JBL85
Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR

Yeah I know, a Spec V did beat me which a chick driving. It was pretty damn quick. I knew it would beat me, we started at like 40mph and it just pulled.

But until one of you guys with a Maxima gets balls and races me, I am gonna post this same line over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

You are not hurting my feelings, I just want to smoke a maxima so all you guys feel shorted.

-Nick
Old 01-22-2003, 11:33 PM   #155
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

Hahaha, JB how does it feel to be owned?
Names Nick, not JB, and I didnt get owned, not until one of you guys actually races me and wins.
Old 01-22-2003, 11:46 PM   #156
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

yeah, well even if you do happen to win my some miracle, which i highly doubt, you still have to live with the fact that you downgraded from a Max to a weak ass put together like shit altima that will fall apart in a couple years
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 12:06 PM   #157
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

well nick,
Like i said 8 pages back. my maxima SMOKED an SE-R, which beat you.
therefore...
(do i even need to finish that sentence?)
Old 01-23-2003, 02:22 PM   #158
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
well nick,
Like i said 8 pages back. my maxima SMOKED an SE-R, which beat you.
therefore...
(do i even need to finish that sentence?)
Yes dipshit, I said you can smoke me with a 5 speed maxima. Are you ignorant as to not read that I have said 100x a 5 speed maxima can own me, an automatic one stands no chance because the granny tranny.

And yes I am aware that I downgraded from a maxima to a Altima, but my Maxima was a 97 with 110,000 miles, automatic, no abs, leather and paint sucked on it. My altima is much faster and better looking. So I am not really regretting it.
Old 01-23-2003, 03:36 PM   #159
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

well as long as you know that MY maxima will tear your car a new asshole, you can talk all the shit you want.
Old 01-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #160
maximafever
AF Newbie

JBL you know little of what you are talking about on the tranny, yes it could be considered a granny tranny if you don't know how to push it to its limits. I'm speaking of taking it to the red line so that it will get the best amount of torque and horsepower out of it and launch hard into the next gear. My car is an auto and I have beaten Mustangs by 2-3 car lengths with a full sound system and a car load of passengers. So when I do make it down to the southern part of Nevada I will make a special trip to So-Cal to teach you the lesson that you need to learn. Oh and by the way my car is completely stock and won't lighten the weight of the car by removing my sound system.
maximafever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2003, 07:25 PM   #161
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by JBL85

Yes dipshit, I said you can smoke me with a 5 speed maxima. Are you ignorant as to not read that I have said 100x a 5 speed maxima can own me, an automatic one stands no chance because the granny tranny.

And yes I am aware that I downgraded from a maxima to a Altima, but my Maxima was a 97 with 110,000 miles, automatic, no abs, leather and paint sucked on it. My altima is much faster and better looking. So I am not really regretting it.
I still think you need to be a lil more specific as to what year Max you are talking about you can beat (with an Automatic). I know you don't think that 2.5 can beat a 5th gen 3.0L 222hp Max with intake (I don't even need a Y-pipe). I'm fully auto locked and loaded, so bring it on if you're talking about granny tranny in the 5th gen, it doesn't matter.

You make it sound as though it is going to take 2 years from one shift to the next, don't forget in an auto you can still torque brake and with the greater amount of torque in a lighter smaller car than your 5spd 2.5 Altima it will still be murder going against a Max 3.0 with 222hp plus an intake.

www.carstats.com 0-60 times for your 2.5 w/5spd is= 9.9 the fastest one is 8.1 which is still slower than any Max of any year.

Also your 1/4 miles times are quoted as 16.5 and 17.2, your trap speeds aren't even quoted but given the fact that it takes you that long just to hit 60 you are still looking at 1/4 trap speed of around 83 mph or so, there's no way in hell you are going to beat a 222hp 3.0L Max that hits 0-60 in 7 flat and the quarter in low 15 with a trap speed of 92 plus mph.

I don't care what kind of driver you have at the wheel of that 2.5 Altima, unless the auto Max just plain falls asleep there's no way in hell you are going to be able to make up more than 2.2 and 1.1 second 0-60 times the Max will put on your lil Altima. Also with that amount of times difference in 0-60 & 1/4 mile your looking at distances of 5-7 cars distance based on speed and don't forget the Max is lighter with more torque.

Granny tranny, huh, I guess even with a cane my old granny can still spank your lil Altima's @$$.
Old 01-23-2003, 07:26 PM   #162
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by maximafever
JBL you know little of what you are talking about on the tranny, yes it could be considered a granny tranny if you don't know how to push it to its limits. I'm speaking of taking it to the red line so that it will get the best amount of torque and horsepower out of it and launch hard into the next gear. My car is an auto and I have beaten Mustangs by 2-3 car lengths with a full sound system and a car load of passengers. So when I do make it down to the southern part of Nevada I will make a special trip to So-Cal to teach you the lesson that you need to learn. Oh and by the way my car is completely stock and won't lighten the weight of the car by removing my sound system.
Max please take a video camera with you, I would love to see the distance at which you will end up spanking that @ce.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:05 PM   #163
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
well as long as you know that MY maxima will tear your car a new asshole, you can talk all the shit you want.
You will tear me, I admit it
Old 01-23-2003, 10:09 PM   #164
JBL85
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by bk2kmax

I still think you need to be a lil more specific as to what year Max you are talking about you can beat (with an Automatic). I know you don't think that 2.5 can beat a 5th gen 3.0L 222hp Max with intake (I don't even need a Y-pipe). I'm fully auto locked and loaded, so bring it on if you're talking about granny tranny in the 5th gen, it doesn't matter.

You make it sound as though it is going to take 2 years from one shift to the next, don't forget in an auto you can still torque brake and with the greater amount of torque in a lighter smaller car than your 5spd 2.5 Altima it will still be murder going against a Max 3.0 with 222hp plus an intake.

www.carstats.com 0-60 times for your 2.5 w/5spd is= 9.9 the fastest one is 8.1 which is still slower than any Max of any year.

Also your 1/4 miles times are quoted as 16.5 and 17.2, your trap speeds aren't even quoted but given the fact that it takes you that long just to hit 60 you are still looking at 1/4 trap speed of around 83 mph or so, there's no way in hell you are going to beat a 222hp 3.0L Max that hits 0-60 in 7 flat and the quarter in low 15 with a trap speed of 92 plus mph.

I don't care what kind of driver you have at the wheel of that 2.5 Altima, unless the auto Max just plain falls asleep there's no way in hell you are going to be able to make up more than 2.2 and 1.1 second 0-60 times the Max will put on your lil Altima. Also with that amount of times difference in 0-60 & 1/4 mile your looking at distances of 5-7 cars distance based on speed and don't forget the Max is lighter with more torque.

Granny tranny, huh, I guess even with a cane my old granny can still spank your lil Altima's @$$.
These times dont say much do they? It wasnt me driving my car was it?

Out of my 20 friends with a manaul tranny car, 1 of them can drive as good as me, whenever they race, they always have me race their car. I am not talking out of my ass or anything. I've been into cars for years and have been racing for three years, may not be a lot, but every day is. When racing my friends GT Stang against our Friends M3, I was able to win, the guy that owns that stang even had me run his car at hte track because his times sucked. Now for hopping into a car thats not mine and running it in 85* at Carlsbad, I was able to hit a 14.1 on bald street tires. With mods it runs well into the 13's now. I have a lot of respect for a Maxima, I use to love romping on other cars, like BMWs, 3 series and even a 528 was one of my victims. I picked up on plenty of stangs as well. The problem is, I always was getting beat by GSR integras, even stock ones. So something tells me if a GSR is running a 15.5 1/4 time that its bull shit when I get beat by one in my Auto max which is suppose to be running a 15.5. With the car I have now, I noticed I am much better able to hang with Vtec integras and other quicker cars. I even had the joy of beating a lexus GS300 with intake and exhaust. I have also beat a (newest gen)BMW 323 Coupe 5 Speed and Auto Sedan. You guys are under estimating a car that doesnt weigh much and makes a good amount of power for a four cylinder. I am sure if I still had my Maxima I would be bagging on me as well, but until you guys actually race me and see that I give you a run, you will be suprised. I am thinking this weekend I am going to talk my cousin into racing me on video, keep in mind the camera will be placed in his car and aimed at his tach as it hits near redline on every gear and the camera will be aimed up after that at my car as it pulls away. I dont know why you guys are getting so mad that a newer car can beat an older car. If anyone down here with a 5th Gen 222hp maxima wants to race, I will be more than happy to run them if they have an Auto tranny. So let me know I want to race just for fun and show you guys you think the Maxima is all that. I was starting to think altima guys were cocky, but now I am seeing guys on AF are worse.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:28 AM   #165
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

First off beating a Mustang is no great task especially for a BMW M3, you should've not only beat him you should've smoke his @$$.

I beat Mustangs 98 and below and can run pretty close to 99's as well, GSR Integras are easy kills for me, they don't have any bottom end torque like the Max.

We are not saying our car is all that, you are saying your car is all that, you come to this forum putting down our car, saying wimpy ass engine and all that other crap and you expect us not to stand up for our car.

Ridiculous that you are the visitor here and yet you argue and even cursed out everyone on the board debating how your car is all that, even when we put down the facts of why the Max will logically wipe the floor with that Altima you got,you still refuse to accept it.

You cannot beat an Auto Max, you talking about all the power your car got for the weight it is, well the Max is lighter and has more power plus it's a V6. You underestimate the tranny in the Max (as if it takes 2 years for it to shift) and you overestimate the 5spd version of the 2.5 Altima. Why can't you get this through your head:

Your vehicle is HEAVIER
it also has less TORQUE
it also has less HP
it also has a FOUR CYLINDER

The Max is LIGHTER
It also has more TORQUE
it also has more HP
it also is a V6

Despite the tranny which doesn't make all the difference because as fast as you can shift, I can torque brake (not that I would even need to), with all of my advantages it will be over after 30 mph. Trust me on this, I've raced my friends 2.5 Max and out of 5 runs he was only with me til 30 and after that he got bent by more than 7 cars.

You got too much faith in that 5spd vs auto thing, it doesn't make a difference in the case of the Max vs Altima, the Max makes too much torque. Now, if this was Altima auto vs Altima 5spd, you'd win and not by a lot, it'll probably be about 1-2 cars length.

So even with that said, you're basically saying that if you can beat an auto Max with a 5spd 2.5 Altima, then an auto Altima will be neck and neck with an auto Max.

Explain your way out of this one, either way you're the one who's saying your car is all that, I've been stating facts and figures and all you have is your hope, dreams and stories of racing back in the day with other car brands, this means jack here.

Explain your way out of this one.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35