Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons
Car Comparisons Compare any cars and find out what every body else thinks. Just refrain from making stupid comparos like Viper vs. Geo Metro :)
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:19 PM   #46
Dave of D.I.
AF Newbie

LOL.

LOL. Damn By posting this I wasnt trying to get myself into any trouble!LOL. Anyway The civic that beat that mustang was a 1993coupe, its not a white one, this ones not even from the bronx! I wont describe this car because he has some other things in plan for it and if I tell exactly how it looks and how the driver looks than Im sure Im gonna cost him some cash; he's trying to keep this car a sleeper, and no its not covered in stickers or anything like that. Those guys who get completely upset over my first message and start to act up can kiss my azz. Yeah Im a Honda guy and Im gonna rep. it until Im tired of it and find something else which I really dont see happening. Notice I dont really attack other american brands, thats because Im just tired of hearing some NOT ALL mustang guys talk about imports like their nothen; those guys know who they are. Im cool with a couple of muscle car owners and yeah sometimes they get on the imports but thats kinda expected but they dont do it to the point where its just plain insulting. I've seen plenty of KillerMustangs and have even spoke to all their owners(yes if I like your car I will let yah know muscle or import), whether they where supercharge, turbo, or NOZ all those guys didnt act up when it came down to just talking about what car a racer drives. Hearing an azz say "oh you drive rice eater" gets kinda annoying; sure its funny at times jokes are jokes but anyone whose really into there car knows that certain things just need to be not said. Whether its an Import or a Muscle car each group deserves its respect. And for all you meanies I expect to answer this just for you. Hopefully there are some guys/ladies who understand what Im trying to say. Im not a Muscle Car Hater just someone who gets pissed off when some people disrespect imports. I was at English Town a month ago and saw how badassed (meaning good LOL) muscle cars can get!!! I really dont care who I piss off and NO Im not gonna meet up somewhere to race your mustang LOL :smoka: I'll find you! I'll be that Black integra reving up right next to U at the light ready to wipe that smile off your face and go! Once again to all you who get this message twisted:finger: I DONT HATE MUSCLE BUT I DO LUV MY IMPORTS! Import or Muscle make sure U have fun and be safe at doing it.:argue: LOL. Yall better pray I dont get my hands on that 1994RX7; Cant we all just get along?
Dave of D.I. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:38 PM   #47
vortech
AF Enthusiast

bottom line

you guys are arguing stock vs. stock----which is shit vs. shit. The 03 Cobra is 500rwtq capable-----and swap those 3:55s for 4:10s and that Cobra blows by a Viper & Vette. I could care less one of you guys chiming in well----the stock vettte this or the stock Viper that will beat a stock Cobra. Ford had to meet emission standards in order to build 8,500 blown Cobras. So they choked the hell out of the intake and exhaust----and ran a 8lb pulley. Were they able to get by the gov't restraints---we could have easily seen 15psi---and 600 flywheel hp off the floor. Would never happen if if they were allowed by gov't standards---because Ford wouldn't tread on its aftermarket arms---but you get the picture. The M3 is the total package as far as imports are concerned. Balance, luxury, affordability----overall bang for the buck ------- definetely the M3. Poer for the buck----thats definetely the 03 Cobra. I say power---because the stock K-member has to go----the stang needs coilovers, lowering springs, subframes, etc.----to be a force in a Gt race or slalom. But in reality------those mods I spoke of-----don't even get you to the price of a Z06 or an M3 coupe. The 03 is pretty damn wicked. Would rather have a 5.0 liter engine in it------because they will easily make more power than the current 4.6 slow poke.

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 05:54 PM   #48
Dave of D.I.
AF Newbie

To Cobraman03 and Sr20det2nr

Yo Cobraman:
you gotta consider these cars (all the imports U listed) are all Imports which mean they get taxed extra so that the American cars can remain more competitive in this market so the age old excuse of well their all too expensive can be directed to the government which do it so the Japs wont explode in the market. In all reality if the government alowed the Imports to sell their product(cars) without that tax to slow them down the american car sellers would have a big problem. Cars like the Type R are worth that much just because the public is willing to pay $25,000 for it; and to be honest the Type R which is probably my favorite shouldnt and isnt compared to Import SuperCars, its not made to battle against stock power like those cars its a well balanced (power and handling) car made to battle on road courses not the 1/4mile, you have to admit 195hp and 10rpm coming out of a 1.8 4 is deff impressive. And another thing do U have a Cobra? If yes which one and can I get the stock specs on it if you dont mind. Thanx.

To Sr20det2nr:
we were mostly at HuntsPoint this summer but near the end it got really dead cause the cops locked it down really bad; I mean they had road blocks at all the know racing spots. Right now its mostly a matter of going to the Point and praying the cops dont have it locked down.
Old 12-11-2002, 05:58 PM   #49
Polygon
The Red Baron

Send a message via MSN to Polygon Send a message via Skype™ to Polygon
Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking about.

This is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

Now for power. I have one word for you, HEMI! Go ahead and make a V8 and watch it be eaten alive by a Hemi.

As for reliability, everyone makes shit. I have seen PLENTY of shitty ass imports driving around. We never have any abnormal problems with our Chryslers, just routine maintenance.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars.
Polygon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 06:05 PM   #50
HemiGeorge
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Polygon
Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking about.

This is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

Now for power. I have one word for you, HEMI! Go ahead and make a V8 and watch it be eaten alive by a Hemi.

As for reliability, everyone makes shit. I have seen PLENTY of shitty ass imports driving around. We never have any abnormal problems with our Chryslers, just routine maintenance.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars.
show em' how its done polygon! I agree you all need to take a step back and look at the biased arguments you been posting.
12.5 to 1 compression ratio.
Cross Ram Intake manifold.
1 11/16" x 1 11/16" Holley carburetors.
Competition Hooker headers, exhaust pipes, and mufflers.
HemiGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 06:16 PM   #51
vortech
AF Enthusiast

no offense Dave of D. I.

but maybe your civic is blasting by Mustang V6s----which is of no big deal to broadcast. But, I guess maybe where you live----thats your competition vette or viper :silly2:

2001 mustang cobra convertibe
Vortech V-2 SQ blower (10.5psi)
4:10 gears & ford racing throttle body
03 JBA shorty headers + FR500 exhaust
Bassani X-pipe
Kenny Brown IRS level 2 suspension
IRS pinion brace
Kenny Brown K-member & control arms
Carbon Fiber driveshaft
522RWHP / 493RWTQ
vortech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2002, 06:31 PM   #52
Scottie300z
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to Scottie300z
Quote:
5.0 MUSTANGS HAVE 215HP AND RUN 15S. STOCK MUSTANG GTS HAVE 260HP AND RUN 14.0@100.STOCK SUPRA 320HP 13.6@106.300ZX TURBO 14.5@97.STOCK 3000GT TURBO 320HP 13.9@100.STOCK S2000 240HP 14.4@98.STOCK NSX 290HP 13.1@107.STOCK RX-7 255HP 14@99.STOCK SKYLINE 276HP(YEAH RIGHT) 12.8@109.THESE ARE ALL BADASS CARS.THE MUSTANG GT COST $10000 LESS THAN THE S2000.THE INTEGRA TYPE-R WAS A NICE CAR BUT COST $25000 AND RUNS 15.4 1/4.THIS IS NOT IMPORT HATIN ITS JUST THE FACTS.

ah, the 300zx twin turbo can do 13.8 but does 14.1 more often, honda s2000 14.2 And the Type-R runs a 14.8. Hate to nitpick but those are the facts and half a second is significant.

oh and 300zx N/A does a 15.0 flat w/ 222hp so that is pretty comparable to the 5.0 but w/ a whole lot less displacement and a more refined engine.

And you have to say the s2000 looks impressive w/ its low horspower
and high revs.
And it may not be too related but watch out for the upcoming M5 that is supposed to have a V10 similar to the formula 1 engine
And SAAB's variable-compression engine, now that is a piece of godly work.
Scottie300z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 08:30 AM   #53
Dave of D.I.
AF Newbie

Thanx for not offending me vortech

Okay I guess your right I shouldnt be surprised that a Japanese 1.8 V4 beats a 5.0 V6 American car; 180stock Vs 215hp damn that sucks. Anyway I guess this is when you start to pull out a Viper huh?LOL. Oh yeah it is a V10 so I guess that would be a fair comparison to a Jap 1.8 4cyl right? I know your not trying to insult me(thanx for letting me know that I appreciate it LOL) but V8 mustangs get it just as much as the old 6's do their no big deal either. Around my area we run into alot of mustangs and vetts too and believe me by next spring my integra wont be one of those imports that run away from V8 mustangs(I get those now LOL) and vetts; I'll be looken for them. A Viper I have to admit is way higher in the street level so give me till June of next year to beat one of those eventhough their rare I've seen a yellow one like 20min from where I live. Its just funny to me when we're hanging out to see one of my friends with a Type R hatch, Gsr civic and Corado VR6 run into their cars (chacearace)wheneva they see a mustang 6or8 "rumble" past us with that look saying look at those silly imports expressions on his face. WOW a 1.8 4 going after a V8 lol well around here thats not that surprising my friend:smoker2: Just give credit where its do; the imports are getting more and more competitive and Im not even talking about the superImports like supras,Z's,RX7's,3000GT turbos and the NA NSX. Oh yeah Im not one of those sticker imports, my car is a 1990 Integra with fucked up faded black paint, two cracked headlights, dented hood and a cracked side mirror LOL and its sad to say by next summer I'll be going after V10 Vipers to see how my car is doinglol. And by then I would have spent no more than $7000 dollars on my car and that includes the car itself . I do love the Viper but I try not to speak about it because I dont see them everyday but mustangs except for the SuperCharge Cobra I do see so its fair game. The Cobra eventhough its a supercharged V8(I wouldve like it if it came with alot more power, Im guessing 400hp I wouldve rather it be in the 450's or more) has gained my respect after getting destroyed by one in my sistas 97Vtec V4 accord on the highway LOL. Just kidding I didnt get to race him in the accord LOL but that Cobra I have to say is the best sounding(I know it has power too) mustang I've ever heard; so after seeing the guy driving it simply fly by everyone on the highway with a not eventrying look on his face I had to admit Ford came out with something really good. Just to give U an idea on what a LS(1.8nonVtecV4 140hp) engine in a little hatchback can do I recently got a mag with a girl that owns a 92-95hatchback civic with a stock LS engine in it turbocharge(this is a stock motor!); all she did was increase the fuel, and got a stand alone system and she's already in the 11's yeah thats by just adding a T3 homemade turbo kit to her 140hp stock integra engine and adding a little fuel and its a street driven car:smoka: . She expects 10's after just rebuilding the block. Once again I dont dislike Muscle cars just some of their driversLOL. Muscle or Import have fun racing but be safe out there. LOL.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #54
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to turbo2nr
well there is no answer to this question!
the 350z vs. mustangs and vetts only time will tell!

but i was just wondering i thing that always puzzled me with domestics(no offence to any domestic people put there)but why do some of you brag about beating a 4clyd in racing when most of the times you are 6+cyld. and the you complain when a 4clyd beats you? i mean that always gets me? why?why? why?

i mean god damm how do you put a car with 2.0L against a car with 5.0L or more. do you really expect the 2.0L to win? in a stock car against stock car race? damm...

but i do understand why you people are shocked when a worked 2.0L beats you. its because you guys have worked +5.0L and still a damm "rice rocket" beat me!

so there you have it why? why? why?

again NO OFFENCE TO DOMESTIC CAR DRIVERS

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
turbo2nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 09:56 AM   #55
Stutz
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Stutz
Quote:
Originally posted by sr20det2nr
well there is no answer to this question!
the 350z vs. mustangs and vetts only time will tell!

but i was just wondering i thing that always puzzled me with domestics(no offence to any domestic people put there)but why do some of you brag about beating a 4clyd in racing when most of the times you are 6+cyld. and the you complain when a 4clyd beats you? i mean that always gets me? why?why? why?

i mean god damm how do you put a car with 2.0L against a car with 5.0L or more. do you really expect the 2.0L to win? in a stock car against stock car race? damm...

but i do understand why you people are shocked when a worked 2.0L beats you. its because you guys have worked +5.0L and still a damm "rice rocket" beat me!

so there you have it why? why? why?

again NO OFFENCE TO DOMESTIC CAR DRIVERS

What you don't understand, is that it really doesn't matter how you make the power, as long as you can compete.

Because Honda put $10,000 into the S2000 engine, does that make it any better than the $5000 Camaro SS engine that is more powerful?

Just because Honda wanted to do the small engine thing instead of the cheaper more powerful large engine thing doesn't mean it does it any better.

Also, displacement doesnt tell the whole story. The Civic EX makes less power and puts out more displacement per minute than the Ford Focus even though the Civic has more hp/l.

Why? Because even though the Civic puts out less displacement per cycle, it has to cycle more to make less power. Understand? I can post the numbers if you want them.
Stutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 11:55 AM   #56
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

kol i get it now
thanks

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
Old 12-12-2002, 03:20 PM   #57
350ZLMsunset
AF Newbie

Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs camaros cant corner worth a shit, not only that but with the new Greddy TT or the rumored NISMO version runnin high PSIs The Z could kick a mustangs ass in a 1/4 mile
350ZLMsunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #58
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs
i so agree wid u you...
soon as those turbo kits for the 350z came out it will kill all!

at least i hope so....

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
Old 12-12-2002, 03:43 PM   #59
turbo2nr
AF Enthusiast

damm quote didnt come out i meant for the part about the turbo to come out..
by bad

Shift_BOOST
97 s14
Old 12-12-2002, 04:14 PM   #60
WakkaWu
Banned

Send a message via AIM to WakkaWu
[quote]Well, it looks like have to chime in here because there are a lot of stupid and ignorant people posting in this thread and only a few that know what the hell they are talking aboutThis is an augment that will never have a winner, but one thing I can't stand is ignorance and misinformation. I will first address this handling issue. My old LeBaron GTC can out handle a lot of BMWs stock. For instance I was heading towards the freeway and the turn onto the onramp is pretty sharp. Well I raced a BMW 3 series off the line because I needed in that lane. He kept on it even after I passed him and when we took the turn I took it at 65 no problem, he tried and went off into the bar pit. Also a Civic Si, I raced him around a turn and he hit the curb while I took it even faster no problem and my GTC had STOCK suspension, that Si was lowered and had upgraded springs and shocks. Also I have four letters for you GTS-R, they dominated LeMans in 1998 so you can eat it that America can't make cars that can handle.

The person who started this thread is an ignorant asshole. I am all for constructive criticism, but what you are doing is plain being an asshole about it. While I like the Fairlady and plan to own one, I must say that you sir, don't know jack shit about cars. [quote]

I totally agree.Okay,I know American muscle cars,the new ones,arent as fast as they should be but they will beat 70% of fast imports,maybe more.Better yet,put your Skyline up against a 1975 Hemi,you'll be shitting your pants.

Quote:
Who gives a shit how fast your car can go in a straight line. those damn rustangs camaros cant corner worth a shit, not only that but with the new Greddy TT or the rumored NISMO version runnin high PSIs The Z could kick a mustangs ass in a 1/4 mile

Of course it would beat a Mustangs ass,but not a Cobra or a Vette.

Quote:
I think its sad for a 1.8 V4 with some mods to spank a 5.0V8

Well if thats true than who ever was driving the Stang didnt know how to race
WakkaWu is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Comparisons