Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-04-2001, 06:21 PM   #16
MAXZIMA
AF Newbie

Frezny I am not going to lie but I must admit I like your opinion. You are the only peson that understood me. I don't own Acura, it is lots of money, but I must say I am in love with this car.

Peace.
MAXZIMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:11 AM   #17
Frezny
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Frezny Send a message via AIM to Frezny Send a message via Yahoo to Frezny
It rides nicer too.

The CL (not sure about the S since it has been "beefed" up) is much more quiet and sure on the road than my Max. It just seems to hug the turns tighter without so much roll. I can realy relax when driving it.

But, like I said before, I perfer to feel the road. That's what I get from my Max that I can't get from the CL. In the CL, I feel a little too distant from the asphalt. Then again, that's why it's a luxary car and most people buy them.
Frezny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:24 AM   #18
Sleepy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via AIM to Sleepy
the only nissan i can see beating this car would be the new infinti g35 aka the skyline in sheeps cloathing

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 10:50 AM   #19
MAXZIMA
AF Newbie

Love your statemens guys.

Thanks.
Old 09-05-2001, 11:19 AM   #20
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
The CL-S is a REALLY nice car. When my GF was shopping for a new car we went by the Acura dealership and I was drooling all over a dark blue one. It is something the max does not have, a sport version. Sure we have the SE, but it's engine is the same as the rest of the lineup. The closest thing we will have is the 2002 SE when it comes with the 6 speed manual, but it will still have the same engine as the rest of the 2002 model year. To compare the two cars is not really fair, both are what they are meant to be, however, a Max can be MADE to beat a stock CL-S, just about any car can, with enough money and time. The max is a 4 door family car, with loads of potential. I prefer to cherish and enjoy what I have, this is my second maxima and I'm only 23, both paid for by me. I used to own an Integra too, Acura's are really nice cars, I would not mind owning another one someday, but I really love my Nissan, and wouldn't trade it for anything (expect maybe an M3!) I'll just hang out till I can afford the new Max with a 6 speed, now that things gonna be fast!
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2001, 01:29 PM   #21
MAXZIMA
AF Newbie

Good openion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2001, 01:53 PM   #22
Sleepy
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to Sleepy Send a message via AIM to Sleepy
true those M3 are phat cars

Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 11:46 AM   #23
superblackse
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by MAXZIMA
Hello? What the fuck are you talking about man? The Type S has a huge diference with CL-P it is 2 different cars. The 3.2CL Type S engine was tuned and modified until an extra 35 horsepower emerged from its aluminum block. The compression ratio was raised to 10.5:1. The redline was raised to a stratospheric 6,900 rpm. The fuel-cutoff point was raised to a breath shortening 7,000 rpm. And the threshold for VTEC™ activation was raised to 4,800 rpm. I raced my GF, I raced my GF.

All I am saying that I drove one of the CL-S. I had maxima for 5 years already. I had 1994, 1996, and now 2000. I know what maxima is all about. I was selling these cars, 2-3 every day. My Brother was putting mods on this maximas for 5 fuckin years. He did NOS, Headers, Intakes. ETC. HE is putting modes for CL-S now, and he said there is huge difference in performance compare to Maxima. There are huge numbers of cars that was coming back to the shop, because Maxima's transmission couldn't hadle the power that this guys asked for. Huge adwantage of the CL_S is VTEC that you can play with. He had Acuras that was pulling out of the shop with 330-340 HP. And he was able to give them warranty, because he has trast for this transmission.

So please I don't mean no disrespect to all of you, I am just trying to make you guy's understand that this cars are different.
Headers? I don't want to start anything here. I just want to know where he got the headers because I've yet to find any, and if there are some out there, then I'm there.
Old 09-13-2001, 11:48 AM   #24
MAXZIMA
AF Newbie

Check on COMPTECHUSA.COM in products section.

Thanks.
Old 09-13-2001, 01:01 PM   #25
armin4
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to armin4
how can you say its impossible to beat the acura

how can you guys say its impossible to beat the acura when last week my cousin and i were in my maxima when the 40 year old jerk wanted a lil race so i gave it to him. my cars an auto and during shifts he did gain on me but it was pretty neck to neck. finally at around 100 i took him no sweat cuz man you can have a ferrari and theres still a chance i'll beat ya cuz it wasn't drag it was on the street and that takes skill and knowledge of the road your on. but yea this is not an impossible car to beat with an auto stock maxima. perhaps on the 1/4 your fucked but not on the road.

CARS:

1998 Ford Mustang GT
1994 Mercury Villager "Nautica Edition"
armin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2001, 02:46 PM   #26
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
The Cl-s runs a 15.3 1/4 as tested by Road and Track, which means any 5 speed driver worth a s hit can beat them, and an auto max with VB should have no problem. Ive run 15.2 NA...
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2001, 07:10 PM   #27
KAM
AF Newbie

I am not taking sides here as I like max's and the CL/TL models. First of all, Honda/Acura
autoboxes are not that rugged!!!!! I know, I am a tech at an acura dealership. Honda/acura
manual trannys are very strong and can take high abuse.
My father-in-law has a 97 Max SE that he bought on my recommendation. It is a very quick car when running on premium juice.
Yes, a TL/CL type S is a very quick car, but the 97-99 Max SE would be my first choice. A buddy of mine is a Nissan tech and his 97 SE has 175k on it and running fine.
It is just a matter of personal tastes. Most races are one or lost by skill. I used to work with a former European rally car driver. He took me for a blast one day in an NSX to "demonstrate" what a fine chassis it had. I wasn't nervous even though he had that car dancing around the curves.

KAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2001, 02:32 PM   #28
irvine78
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to irvine78 Send a message via Yahoo to irvine78
when my friend bought his 2001 CL-Type S...i raced him and although i didn't beat him by much, i was still ahead of him..and this was before alot of things that i put in my car(GReddy exhaust, pulley, fuel pressure regulators....)
i'm not saying the CL-Type S is a slow car by no means!!! it's a fast car with nice styling..BUT!!! to say it is 'impossible' to beat the car, is not right. many people(although i can only be a witness to myself) have already raced and beat the Type-S...and it's been done...and whoever posted this thread(sorry i forgot the name), you can do it too!!!

Check out my new homepage!!
http://www.cardomain.com/id/irvine78
mods:Stillen/Premier custom intake, Stillen y-pipe, Stillen front strut tower bar, Stillen rear sway bar, Stillen touring front lip, Stillen side skirts and rear valence, GReddy Evolution cat-back, MSD In-line fuel pump, 2 B&M fuel pressure regulator set at 45psi with VDO read out gauge, Unorthodox racing UDP, Custom 8puck racing clutch/pressure plate, 100shot NOS, Eibach springs, KYB AGX shocks, 300ZX TT front calipers, 12.4inch 3000GT VR-4 cross drilled/slotted front rotors, custom rear superslot rotors with AXISS metal master pads, SS breaklines, red painted calipers, Joshua Tree carbon fiber dash kit, Pacesetter short shifter with MOMO knob, aluminum RAZO pedals, panasonic head unit, Alpine amp and single 12" JL sub, autometer air/fuel, oil pressure guages, Gunmetal Gray 18x7.5 AXIS SE7ENs with 225/40/18 Falken tires/19x8 WORK ESPERIO IIs with 245/35/19 Yokohama AVS Sports, front/rear clear corners, factory fog lights, factory spoiler and 00-01 SE tail lights, AE headlight conversion, JDM style yellow Raybrig blubs up front/rear, APEXi RSM.....shoot...did i leave something out?
irvine78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 09:18 PM   #29
jboud8880
AF Newbie

Wink Re: Lost to Acura CL types S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXZIMA
Did anyone raced that car. It is damn fast. Wow.
i went head to head with 2003 acura tl type s and stayed even up to 60 mph all i have is a stillen intake on my 1998 nissan maxima se
jboud8880 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2004, 10:45 PM   #30
Caracicatriz
AF Enthusiast

I raced a CL S once from like 20mph-80mph. I have to admit It gave me a lot of comp. I ended up beating it by like a car length. I expected it to kick my ass, but I guess it's just a heavy luxury car.
Caracicatriz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35