Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 11:14 PM   #31
MaxRX7
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: [gay voice]oh you guys..[/gay voice]

Quote:
Originally posted by ptatohed
gramatically

:finger:
Old 08-06-2002, 10:52 AM   #32
ptatohed
AF Newbie

:o)

A minor typo and just plain speaking the English language grammatically incorrect (in your signature no less) are two different things Einstein.

ptatohed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2002, 07:50 PM   #33
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

just start running synthetic oil in the car and make sure to keep the oil resevoir in the actual supercharger full and you'll be fine. I've seen a supercharged maxima se with 200,000+ miles.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 05:34 PM   #34
Y2KevSE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Y2KevSE
Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
just start running synthetic oil in the car and make sure to keep the oil resevoir in the actual supercharger full and you'll be fine.
Would you like to elaborate on this please?

\Turbocharged...
Turbonetics ball-bearing T4/T04E 60 trim with polished compressor housing

NorCal Maximas CarDomain Site
CarDomain Site

Featured on NissanPerformanceMag.com
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 10:59 PM   #35
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to mtrai760
Ya, I wanna know too! :hehe:

Quote:
Originally posted by Y2KevSE

Would you like to elaborate on this please?
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
mtrai760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 11:55 AM   #36
Y2KevSE
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Y2KevSE
Quote:
Originally posted by mtrai760
Ya, I wanna know too! :hehe:

? :hehe:
Y2KevSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 12:34 PM   #37
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

the kid who was talking about getting a supercharger for his 97 max was worried about too much wear and tear on his engine from a supercharger.

I was just saying that if he uses synthetic oil (preferably mobil 1) in his car, it will prolong the life of his car and superchrager.
Old 08-09-2002, 02:01 PM   #38
ptatohed
AF Newbie

:o)

Quote:
the kid who was talking about getting a supercharger for his 97 max was worried about too much wear and tear on his engine from a supercharger.

I was just saying that if he uses synthetic oil (preferably mobil 1) in his car, it will prolong the life of his car and superchrager.

Right but you can't control how much oil is in the SC reservoir.
ptatohed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 02:42 PM   #39
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

I know, but if you're changing your own oil there will be about 1/2 qt in the s/c resevoir that will need to be drained.
Old 08-10-2002, 12:46 AM   #40
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Unhappy Your digging yourself a hole here....

Just so you know, the vortech S/C does not have a 'resevoir' per say... sure it uses oil to lubricate, but it doesn't store it, that's why it has oil lines, to feed it fresh oil, and it certainly doesn't 'hold' half a quart. My buddies car hardly took any extra oil at all when adding the S/C... Straight off of vortechs website: High pressure engine oil is used for cooling, lubrication, and very low maintenance.

Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
Old 08-10-2002, 09:15 PM   #41
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

listen,
don't try to insult my intelligence with stupid subject headings. (i.e digging yourself a hole...) My father has a supercharged 5.7 liter 350 cubic inch chevy engine which used to be in his boat. on the tippy top of this 900+ horsepower beast, which coincidientally is going into a 1940 ford, is an oil resevoir strictly for the supercharger. it takes gear oil but it's an oil resevoir and it needs to be changed regularly.

P.S
not all superchargers are made by vortech. There are mulitple different methods of doing things.

so dig YOURSELF a hole and bury your head so i can kick you in the ass
Old 08-10-2002, 10:13 PM   #42
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Ohhh, nasty nasty aren't we? Real tough guy on the internet? Good for you. I simply said you were digging a hole because you sound like a jackass making remarks about a S/C you know nothing about. Some ATI superchargers only have a resevior, no feed lines. WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH A MAXIMA? You said, and I quote: make sure to keep the oil resevoir in the actual supercharger full and you'll be fine. I've seen a supercharged maxima se with 200,000+ miles. end quote. Now show me the resevior on a Supercharged Maxima! Fool, don't come at me with all that attitude. I try to help people out on this board, to educuate them, not fill them with meaningless ramblings and bullshit. Have you run 100 shot of nitrous on your maxima, a 13 second 1/4 mile, or put a 5spd tranny in your automatic car? Rebuilt engines, made a VW bus with a wheelie bar that was REQUIRED! Your father has this and that, SCREW YOU You have what you showed me to be a meaningless knowledge base. What do you have? Even better, what do you have to offer other than the crap youve posted? Ask for my help ever, need help with your car, or advice. Look at all the post on here and see how many people can help you with anything other than lightbulb selection. Get off your high horse sunshine, class was in session and you failed... Congrats on alienating one of the only people who can help you on this damn board!

Quote:
listen,
don't try to insult my intelligence with stupid subject headings. (i.e digging yourself a hole...) My father has a supercharged 5.7 liter 350 cubic inch chevy engine which used to be in his boat. on the tippy top of this 900+ horsepower beast, which coincidientally is going into a 1940 ford, is an oil resevoir strictly for the supercharger. it takes gear oil but it's an oil resevoir and it needs to be changed regularly.

P.S
not all superchargers are made by vortech. There are mulitple different methods of doing things.

so dig YOURSELF a hole and bury your head so i can kick you in the ass

BTW, don't ever threaten another man on the internet, it makes you sound so childish, because you know your not going to do anything about it. How big am I? How big are you? Neither of us knows, and neither of us ever will, so save your useless posturing for the playground I'm sure you still reside on. Fool.
Faster than jOO!

A hunting we will go...
Old 08-11-2002, 01:30 PM   #43
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

you're just pissed because you try to make yourself a sound like some sort of wealth of knowledge when you're really probably some 35 year old grocery bagger driving the same car that a 19 year old(such as myself) can afford. Then when the person gets annoyed that you try to belittle them( me again), you get defensive. The whole point of my entry was not to spurt knowldge about superchargers I was telling the fuckin kid to maintain oil in his car and high milage shouldn't effect performance when he adds forced induction to his maxima.

and I'd bite my fucking tonue off before i ask you for help with anything mother fucker

by the way cold food goes with cold food, eggs get their own bags and old ladies prefer paper in plastic keep that in mind and maybe you can be the actual cashier one day :finger: (6.00/hr) :finger:

SO..., FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

P.s. i bought my car at 17
Old 08-11-2002, 02:08 PM   #44
SleepinMax97
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to SleepinMax97
I bought mine when I was 16....yes?no? Notta damn thing wrong with jobs like bein a bagger, or workin for mcdonalds..where i made my money for my car

There's always someone smarter thatn you, even if you do know EVERYTHING...remember that next time yall shoot off at the mouth in angry outbursts
SleepinMax97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2002, 02:44 PM   #45
mtrai760
AF Enthusiast

Ah, so your only 19. That explains everything. Show me another post on this forum where it looks like I belittled someone? Best advice on supercharging a higher milage car? Perform a compression test. If everything test good, boost away. That's the best advice you could have given him. But since your a teenager, I'm sure you already knew that, since teenagers know everything. Why do you think Kev (Y2kevse) asked you to explain what you were talking about? Because it made no sense. If I go along blabbing my mouth about something I obviously know nothing about, I hope someone corrects me so I stop sounding like a jackass. Bought your first car at 17... So? What does that have to do with anything? I bought my first car at 18. What does that prove? My maxima is my 3rd car, that proves.... nothing.... BTW, I'm a helicopter mechanic and crewchief, and I'm only 24. I really don't know that much about cars when compared with an auto mechanic, but I can hold my own with most hobbiest. My of my experience is working on CH-46E transport helicopters in the Marine Corps for 5 years, now I work and fly on CH-47D transport Helicopters in the National Guard while I try and put myself through college.

You sound like you know alot about bagging groceries, I guess your already in the business?

Quote:
you're just pissed because you try to make yourself a sound like some sort of wealth of knowledge when you're really probably some 35 year old grocery bagger driving the same car that a 19 year old(such as myself) can afford. Then when the person gets annoyed that you try to belittle them( me again), you get defensive. The whole point of my entry was not to spurt knowldge about superchargers I was telling the fuckin kid to maintain oil in his car and high milage shouldn't effect performance when he adds forced induction to his maxima.

and I'd bite my fucking tonue off before i ask you for help with anything mother fucker

by the way cold food goes with cold food, eggs get their own bags and old ladies prefer paper in plastic keep that in mind and maybe you can be the actual cashier one day :finger: (6.00/hr) :finger:

P.s. i bought my car at 17

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35