Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 05:49 PM   #1
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Psycho at Autozone

I was at autozone today with my friend and we were just lookin at stuff and he bought a wire brush and some skittles, everything was cool. when we go to leave the alarm starts going off so we walk back in calmly and go to the register and emprty our pockets. out of nowhere the manager comes out calling us assholes and telling us he's gonna call the cops if we don't give him whatever he thought we had. after a minute or 2 of deliberation we look down and there was an alarm sticker stuck to the bottom of my friends shoe.
so, me being me, i called the guy an asshole and told him to go fuck hiimself and he flipped out and pushed me from behind and kicked the glass door to the entrance and shattered it.

i told him i was gonna come back with some heads and i was standing in the parking lot calling people when he came out apologizing and he offered me 50% off anything i want next time i go in. should i take his offer and forget or should i file a police report and try to get them to settle for some money or should i just go in and lump up the manager?

i know this has nothing to do with maximas but i'm mostly loyal to this forum and i need to vent so...you'll have to deal with it
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:19 PM   #2
sidewinder740
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to sidewinder740
Well since the guy had the heart to apologize I say you let him off. Take the 50% off and get some good stuff. Everybody deserves a second chance.
sidewinder740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 06:27 PM   #3
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

Forget that, do it the ghetto way and get some cheese
Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM   #4
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

i think he was just trying to cover his ass so he doesn't lose his job. you shoulda seen the way all the other customers looked at us like we were the biggest pieces of shit in the world. it was straight up embarassing. and it's not like we tried to run, my friend walked through the door like 6 times and it kept going off.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:34 PM   #5
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR
Forget that, do it the ghetto way and get some cheese
i am seriously considering that, an assault charge on a manager at a big chain like autozone has to be worth a 5 digit settlement. i've been saying i need to find a way to make some quick dough, i feel like i'd be a chump not to capitalize on this
Old 05-05-2003, 06:43 PM   #6
DiS
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to DiS
Get a lawyer and sue the douchebag for stretching his hands onto you. Plus you got sh!t-load of wittnesses, so you should be good. Dude, the only reason he appologized is just to cover himself. Sh!t man. I would never tolerate that kind of crap. Thats hardcore bullshit, and its their problem that they have freaking alarm tags/stickers all over their f*cking floor. Make some money and get the manager fired. No employee or manager has a right to talk that way to a costumer, if that costumer didnt do anything wrong.

P.S. Which autozone shop is that, meaning, what location?

97 Nissan Maxima GXE
Auto Trans
Red Injen Racing Division CAI with K&N FilterCharger, Zero1Racing Front Strut Bar
DaRk GrEeN/Beiege Interior
Cleared out taillights/Clear fronts/rewired blinkers and sidemarkers, upgraded grounding...Check my Pics out on my homepage

New purchase BRAND NEW '03 Mazda ProtegE 5-spd
Old 05-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #7
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

the guy on line behind me came out afterwards and gave me his name and phone number and said he'd be a 3rd party witness. he said he was 37 and he doesn't know me at all he just said he's been in my position before and didn't do anything about it and said he regrets it. what's the statute of limitations? 24 hours right? i think i'm gonna file a police report just so he doesn't try to say we broke his window or that we were the aggressors.

i think i've got an aggrivated assault and my friend has a deformation of character against this butthole
Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #8
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
id file the report and go for settlement. there should have been cameras in there and i would think they would be pointed at the counters and the door, so all you would have to do is have the cops get the tapes and they couldnt say that you did shit!
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 12:28 AM   #9
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Re: Psycho at Autozone

Quote:
Originally posted by Paonessa
I was at autozone today with my friend and we were just lookin at stuff and he bought a wire brush and some skittles, everything was cool. when we go to leave the alarm starts going off so we walk back in calmly and go to the register and emprty our pockets. out of nowhere the manager comes out calling us assholes and telling us he's gonna call the cops if we don't give him whatever he thought we had. after a minute or 2 of deliberation we look down and there was an alarm sticker stuck to the bottom of my friends shoe.
so, me being me, i called the guy an asshole and told him to go fuck hiimself and he flipped out and pushed me from behind and kicked the glass door to the entrance and shattered it.

i told him i was gonna come back with some heads and i was standing in the parking lot calling people when he came out apologizing and he offered me 50% off anything i want next time i go in. should i take his offer and forget or should i file a police report and try to get them to settle for some money or should i just go in and lump up the manager?

i know this has nothing to do with maximas but i'm mostly loyal to this forum and i need to vent so...you'll have to deal with it
fuck the settlement man...just file the report, press charges, and get on with your life. maybe it's just me, but i wouldn't take advantage of our judicial system to rob a company/employee of their money. he was prolly having a bad day, and you just set him off. shouldn't cost the guy $10,000 for one mistake. whatever, do what you want. just my .02

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 08:27 AM   #10
EPVQ30
AF Regular

unless he caused injury to you, i'd take the 50% discount and forget about it.. the poor guy is just a manager at autozone.. he's not like a Microsoft big wig or anything.
in order for you to get anything near a few thousand off of him(company), you'd have to catch a beatdown and have hospital bills.
i was once sued for A+B and the case never got on the way. it was dismissed at the hearing.

EPVQ30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 11:29 AM   #11
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Psycho at Autozone

Quote:
Originally posted by thrasher

fuck the settlement man...just file the report, press charges, and get on with your life. maybe it's just me, but i wouldn't take advantage of our judicial system to rob a company/employee of their money. he was prolly having a bad day, and you just set him off. shouldn't cost the guy $10,000 for one mistake. whatever, do what you want. just my .02
i see where you're coming from, but i could've been having the bad day and after he shoved me, pulled out a gun and shot him. and as a professional he should've handled it better. if i weren't 19 he wouldn't have treated me like that. it's like racial profiling, any way you look at it, it's wrong. not once did he say let's go in the back and figure this out or something like that he came at me like "i'm calling the cops stay right where you are". and then he put his hands on me. if i had turned around and popped him one i'd have gotten arrested and had charges pressed agaist me and i feel like i would've been 100% in the right to punch him wit the way he pushed me. it wasn't like face to face when you push someone to back them off, i turned around to walk out and he all out shoved me; both hands on my shoulder blades and shoved. i almost hit my face on the door. i had like 6 friends in the parking lot by the time he came out to apologize. if i hadn't waited around calling people he wouldn't have come out to apologize. i'm probably just gonna let it go though, i was really pissed when it happened and when i first posted this. i've had a nght to sleep on it. i still think i'm gonna file the report though jus to cover myself. maybe this clown can get me some springs and shocks at 1/2 price. or a clutch and flywheel
Old 05-06-2003, 02:24 PM   #12
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
File the report, notify the district manager, get the guy fired.

One mistake anyone in retail knows that you are NEVER to make is to yell at customers, let alone assault them. After all the legal crap, he'll be sure to never do it again.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:29 PM   #13
CAptynCrunch
AF Enthusiast

Hmmmm, whats the most exspensive thing at autozone?

You could always find someone who's about to make a large purchase and offer to buy it for them and then just keep the extra 50%. Other than that just make good use of the discount and buy something nice.

The only thing better than cars is Music... maybe.
CAptynCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 03:23 PM   #14
keith_u
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to keith_u
I would take the discount and go on with shit.Theres not alot you can really do if he didn't leave any visble marks on you.Even at that all he has to say is he tripped over a floor mat or some shit like that and that is why he pushed into you and will prolly walk away from this with nothing done about it.So i would go back get my 50% off and tell him to go himself.It does sound like bullshit but depending on the state your in it could take years to make with the legal crap.

Keith:bandit:
keith_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 07:29 PM   #15
99maxse
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to 99maxse
thats bullshit man thats no way how a customer should of been treated. file the report get your discount and call it a day. hopefully you dont have to go through that shit again.
99maxse is offline   Reply With Quote