Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-21-2002, 11:22 AM   #61
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

is your car stuck in over drive or can you not engage it?
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 03:47 PM   #62
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

The button isn't stuck but it just always looked funny to see an orange light on all the time and I've never seen this in anyone elses car so i always made sure that the light is not showing.
MaximusGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2002, 04:14 PM   #63
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by MaximusGTR
The button isn't stuck but it just always looked funny to see an orange light on all the time and I've never seen this in anyone elses car so i always made sure that the light is not showing.

I think it looks funny to, but if you have the stupid thing engaged
If you read the stupid owner's manual with the car it states that when the light is on the O/D is off, I think it is backwards but according the Japanese thinking the O/D is always on when you get in the car for economy reasons and it is up to you to turn the stupid thing off.

I wish they made a version of the Max without the stupid O/D option in the first place, the Max is a car for those who like to drive and drive fast IMO so therefore, they should offer lack of O/D as an option.
Just my few Lincolns
Old 12-21-2002, 06:59 PM   #64
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
mine is jus always on, cant turn it off
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 03:52 AM   #65
MaximusGTR
AF Fanatic

I've been rolling w/ it off for a couple of days now and I don't know if it's just me but the car feels much smoother. Revs real good! then again it could be all in my head
MaximusGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 04:31 AM   #66
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
any of u have any idea y mine doesnt come on, had this prob before??????
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:28 AM   #67
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
Quote from Paonessa:

not to mention max obviously doesn't know about the tornado. in one of the previous posts on this thread he talks about the tornado sitting inside the tb housing??? i assume tb is throttle body. my tornado sits right after the air filter inside my intake pipe. the throttle body is a good 8-10" away from the filter. the air goes 1) through the filter 2) through the tornado 3) through the pipe 4) through the mass Airflow Sensor 5) and finally the throttle body

I never said that. B2kMax said that, but instead of quting me and posting after the quoting code, he posted within my post so it looked like I said it. So which one is it? Does the Tornado go before or after the Intake? You two don't seem to agree... which furthers my suspicion of the whole thing altogether because it has to be one or the other, all aerodynamic effects will be smoothed out by the time the air reaches the valves (where the ram effect is particularly important) if the Tornado is put right after the filter. It would make more sense as B2KMax said to put it right before the Throttle Body to see any effect. That is, if its the ram effect you're looking for.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 11:33 AM   #68
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
MaximusGTR... Effects in HP are difficult to measure... its really easy to see a higher revving engine by looking at the Tach. How about that? :huh:

I like having the O/D option. If you want to pass someone, you can click the button instead of having to stomp on the gas to take advantage of the higher end. Most cars I've seen, including American manufactred cars have it so that the "O/D off" light comes on when you disengage the O/D.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2002, 12:23 PM   #69
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

my mistake max. the way he quoted you then kept writing in bold confused me. and while i'm correcting myself...
the MAS goes after the filter ,then the tornado then all the other shit. the Throttle body is still last in the order
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2002, 07:47 PM   #70
Pick
AF Fanatic

If you watch the infommercial on the Tornado, it says on one of the result sheets the a '94 Max recieved a 12.5 HP gain. It didn't say how many miles the car had on it, though. Do you think this effects the Tornado?
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35