Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > FTO
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
paul112004
AF Newbie

idle problem

hello wonder if anyone can help me i bought a fto mivec 95 plate and when i drove it first of all it was fine but few days after i had it the battery went flat so i replaced it ever since then i have had idle problems in the morning i have tried the volts test the ohms test cleaned the stepper motor replaced it 3 times but i did get all 3 from the breakers for a tenner but i cant see all 3 broke each time i check the ohms there perfectly fine and there is no carbon on them or inside and they move fine i have replaced the throttle body the throttle control valve and set it up to the instructions i got of the internet and the manual i have changed the isf sensor i just cant figure out why it will not idle when cold i can even smell petrol when i start up in the morning could it be the o2 sensor doing this to the car it uses so much petrol now and i am getting slightly annoyed i dnt want to go buy a brand new stepper motor to find its not that any hints please i have the car for sale now as its getting on my nerves that much but hopefully if i can sort it soon il keep it
paul112004 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > FTO