Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 04:43 AM   #16
RallyRaider
Zomby Woof

Re: Maserati MC12 Racing 2005 1:24 by E.JAN -Kit Review-

Very much appreciate the photos and frank opinions. Never be afraid to tell it like it is, nobody should be offended if you're telling the truth. The MC12 is not a car I like the look of, but the DBR9 certainly is and your previous review helped me make my choice there.
RallyRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 AM   #17
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjelic
Micha I would appreciate if you continue to do reviews in this "true" manor. I think that gesture of buying someone's kit is more then enough to make manufacturer happy and after that it is all on you, no matter how bad it could potentially sound.
By the way despite the flaws E-Jan body looks better to me
Hi Sasa,

nice to hear from you ...

Concerning doing reviews in “true manor”:

I measure, compare photos of the 1:1 car with the model and calculate:

This is, what I write down .

When I state that the body of a kit has faults and later the kit producer writes, that he is aware that the body being not correct, that makes me really angry and I see all customers, who buy this model, being fooled.

But like manu80 wrote: maybe modelers are more sensible, when not only positve critics hits an European manufacturer .
(In a building thread of the Hiro Aston Martin it could be seen, that the rear end were chassis and body meet the fit is not optimal. Maybe you get the best (at the moment available) Aston by buying the Renaissance kit and the use of the Hiro body.)

Old 12-01-2006, 08:39 AM   #18
M4tt83
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to M4tt83 Send a message via MSN to M4tt83 Send a message via Yahoo to M4tt83

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportracer02
Maybe you get the best (at the moment available) Aston by buying the Renaissance kit and the use of the Hiro body.)
I was thinking that too, but you would really have to love the Aston to spend so much money on it.

I believe someone from here once made a similar recommendation with regards to the Modelers and Renaissance versions of the Peugeot 306 Maxi rally car.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #19
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyRaider
Very much appreciate the photos and frank opinions. Never be afraid to tell it like it is, nobody should be offended if you're telling the truth.

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder

Last edited by klutz_100; 12-03-2006 at 02:05 AM.
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #20
godfather23
AF Enthusiast

We covered the subject already, but in my eyes...what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car? If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...
Ferrari 250 GTO LM 1962 (chassis #3387)
godfather23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 02:11 AM   #21
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfather23
We covered the subject already,
Yep

Quote:
what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car?
How about just having fun? Fun as defined by oneself, for oneself and at one's individual skill level.

Quote:
If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...
Skill level related. I bet Hiroaki, Robrex, Phil, Gio, Andy, Micha etc. could turn an egg box into an accurate replica. I can't but I enjoy doing what I can to each build.

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2006, 03:21 AM   #22
godfather23
AF Enthusiast

Klutz, I must admit that in general you´re right. I wrote this in aspect of Micha´s kit review. Accuracy can be well achieved with the massive skills of some modellers on the board. With the skills I have - I need the kit producer to give me the most accuracy, he can put into a kit, because otherwise I´m lost. But - don´t worry - that´s it on this from me!
Ferrari 250 GTO LM 1962 (chassis #3387)
godfather23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
lechatnoir82
AF Regular

Wow dude, inaccuracies and all, that is one beautiful, albeit intimidating looking kit!
lechatnoir82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 AM   #24
bvia
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
We covered the subject already, but in my eyes...what´s the goal in modeling if not achieving the most correct replica of the real car? If this is not possible using a kit - then I would never consider even buying the kit...:2cents:
Then you should take the money you save not buying any kits and buy Mr. Tamiya's book. He talks about the inaccuracies that Tamiya purposely puts into its scale models and that when a person is presented with an exact 1:24th scale replica and one that has been created using scale effect, 100% say that the exact scale model is wrong...luckily we don't view our models 24 feet away so we usually don't realize the subtle changes that force our minds to say "that's 100% perfect!"..when it really isn't.

I won't even begin to get into the field of what is an isn't a correct replica and how one models such a thing. I mean the GT-40 dilemna alone (several cars rebodied/rebuilt during their racing carreers) boggles the mind...;-)>

hth,
Bill
Old 12-09-2006, 06:58 AM   #25
ED59
AF Newbie

I wouldn't like to more pollute this topic, so if you think necessary to open a new one, let me know...

Micha, I made about 200 pics of the DBR-9, + sizes.
Of course, when you look at the kit, you could think that the roof is too low... But built-up is another fact:

Why? I also made about 300 patterns at now... and I know how not to be impressed by first viewing... CF sides (adhesive, in fact, not real CF) are just there to modify looking of the car.

Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.
Sold out now.
We have now '06 LM car for sale, and I modified on it the small assymetrical tips you told about. It took about 10 mn...
ED59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 10:45 AM   #26
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Hi Etienne !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED59
I wouldn't like to more pollute this topic, so if you think necessary to open a new one, let me know...
If you think about discussing the Renaissance Aston again, I just want to answer here your posting. For me the Aston model kit review is finished, all about the kit, that has to be said from me, is written down there.

Quote:
Micha, I made about 200 pics of the DBR-9, + sizes.
Of course, when you look at the kit, you could think that the roof is too low... But built-up is another fact:

Why? I also made about 300 patterns at now... and I know how not to be impressed by first viewing... CF sides (adhesive, in fact, not real CF) are just there to modify looking of the car.
Regarding the 2 photos I am a little confused about your comment . Ok, you made hundreds of photos and you are right: Looking from back to front the kit roof is ok up to the longer antenna. From here to the front, the 1:1 car´s roof looks lower and the windscreen steeper, the engine cover more flat to me . The side windows should be a little bit longer at their bottom side.

Adding the many good parts (lots of etched parts and decals) to the body, cannot change these measures in my eyes.

Quote:
Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.
Sold out now.
We have now '06 LM car for sale, and I modified on it the small assymetrical tips you told about. It took about 10 mn...

Congratulations for you as the manufaturer that the kit is sold out now (and I mean this as I write it - not meant to be ironical).

Your sentence „Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.“ however just makes me wonder, if you care for critics at all . And: Correcting the assymetrical faults in 10 minutes (how ever you made this ) makes me even more angry as a customer , so why didn´t you invest these 10 minutes on the mastermodel ?

But I agree, the assymetrical faults or misplaced items are the smaller faults …

So Etienne, if you feel the urge to open another Aston thread, make it. I wrote what I thought about the kit and looking at the responses in this Maserati kit review, many modelers share my thoughts. So I don´t see any necessity to dicuss this model any longer or once again
Old 12-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #27
Jamme
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Jamme

Hello,
somebody there................................??????
I want to tell that I'm not sponsored by Renaissance, and that I'm busy building the Hiro kit, so...........
I would like to hear some comments on Etienne post.........
Cheers,

Jamme
Jamme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 12:40 PM   #28
ED59
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportracer02
Your sentence „Now you can count rivets about misplaced items, I don't care.“ however just makes me wonder, if you care for critics at all .
Of course I care about critics... if truly argued, and not about counting rivets. On the criticized French Forum, I found problems over my 911 SC RS, and I'm now modifying some parts, 5 years after release of the kit... And oh? I'm nor sponsor neither admin of this forum, just an active (too much?) member...

Quote:
And: Correcting the assymetrical faults in 10 minutes (how ever you made this ) makes me even more angry as a customer , so why didn´t you invest these 10 minutes on the mastermodel ?
Try to spend 200 hours to create a model without a default, I'm not perfect...

Quote:
But I agree, the assymetrical faults or misplaced items are the smaller faults …
so why judging a model as you did?

Shape of the Aston is mine; my eyeslooking for this model.
You don't like it? Ok, your choice... But don't say that the shape is wrong... if not argued.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:31 AM   #29
DasWiesel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
... But don't say that the shape is wrong... if not argued.
Why not? Your own picture shows it clearly!

Your model is at least matching the wheel-base. Non-rivet-counters may be satisfied with your kit and buy it, others like to have a more exact replica and take the MFH version because of its better shape. Where´s the problem?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:21 AM   #30
ED59
AF Newbie

Problem is that you may say "I prefer the MFH" instead of saying "MFH has a better shape", because it's your opinion, not mine, nor another people.

Edit: And I think from my pics that model matches very well, except top of bonnet as said Micha; that's normal, I always enhance it to get a "rounded" bonnet, to make the model gorgeous. My way.

Last edited by ED59; 12-12-2006 at 04:27 AM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling