Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
jlewis57
AF Newbie

Oldsmobile Forum: 2001 3.5 V6 wont turn over

Hey all,

I have a 2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 V6. Last Thursday, I started it cold, drove it about 500 feet, and it just stalled. I didn't lose power or anything, it just stalled; I did lose power steering though. Something that may help is that the battery light came on and started flashing when the car stalled, and continued to flash when i attempted to start it.

The car cranks, it just never turns over. I do not lose power like the battery is draining when I attempt to start it (The dummy panel shows the battery dropping to 11.7V, and returning to 11.9/12V when I stop trying to turn it over. I can do this for 15 seconds at a time (It automatically stops trying to turn after 15 seconds) for a long time, and the battery never drains, so it is as if it is charging as I am trying to turn it over. (Not sure if that is important to note or not).

I had it towed home, did nothing to it other than try and start it (which didn't work). Let it sit the weekend, and it started with no issues Monday. Drove it to work, almost made it, and the same thing happened. Same exact thing, battery light came on and started flashing, and the car stalled. Had it towed back again, and it hasn’t started since.

I have checked all fuses and relays, nothing shows signs of failure there.

When I turn the key, I can hear the fuel pump getting power also.

Here is what has happened to the car in the past year (excuse me if too much detail is included):
  • Replaced the Alternator
  • Replaced the Starter
  • Replaced all break lines
  • Replaced all brake pads, rotors, calipers, bearing/hub
  • Replaced fuel line

I have scoured the web trying to find an answer. Any leads to a solution would be great.

*I have not tested the fuel pressure, because I do not have a tool to do so. I hope I can get a simple solution before spending money on tools*
jlewis57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 09:34 AM   #2
Tech II
AF Fanatic

Re: Oldsmobile Forum: 2001 3.5 V6 wont turn over

So the vehicle cranks over, but doesn't start?

Does it crank over fast, like there is no compression in the engine?

Have you checked for codes?

Will it start if you spray carb cleaner into the intake while cranking?

If no, have you checked for spark, fuel pressure, injector pulse, and if all these check out, compression?
Tech II is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Aurora