Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
dwbailey
AF Regular

Coolant Leak at the Thermo Wax Valve???

Hey guys. The dealer said I have a coolant leak at the thermo wax valve that is apparant located around the throttle body. Anybody had that problem before? He said it is a $160 part and with labor they wanted $288 to replace it. Hard to do? Thanks guys for any ideas/suggestions.
dwbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
dwbailey
AF Regular

Re: Coolant Leak at the Thermo Wax Valve???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbailey View Post
Hey guys. The dealer said I have a coolant leak at the thermo wax valve that is apparant located around the throttle body. Anybody had that problem before? He said it is a $160 part and with labor they wanted $288 to replace it. Hard to do? Thanks guys for any ideas/suggestions.
P.S. I have an 03 XTerra.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:58 AM   #3
dwbailey
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwbailey View Post
P.S. I have an 03 XTerra.
I understand the correct name of the part is a thermo element that goes in the throttle body or on it? Supposed to be real tricky to install due to it being spring loaded or something. Somebody said you have like 10 seconds to install it after you take the shipping cover off of it. Anybody ever replaced one of these?
Old 04-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #4
OffroadX
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to OffroadX

It can be done, but when I took a spare TB apart to get these pics, I gave up trying to get the damn thing back together, that spring is just too damn tight. You can see the O-ring that you need to replace, you can find a suitable one at most any decent hardware store, or shell out a few bucks for a huge assortment from harborfreight.com.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail