Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Skyline | Skyline GT-R | Stagea | Laurel > Performance
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Performance Discussion about performance modifications and issues.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 01:52 AM   #31
abuC
AF Regular

Re: strange RB26DETT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAEBOY
My name is Saif and i have atuning shop, i'm from U A E , i have worked on many RB26DETT engine, i think i can help you building yours

1) Pistons : HKS, J E , or ROss, (( go with ROSS , i can help you with the part number ) , cost : $700

2) RODs, Crower ( cheap and good ) Also i can give you the part number , Cost : $950

3) Nismo Crank main bearings, Conrods bearings , Cost complete sets : $130

4) Cams , go with HKS Step 2 , ( two Cams + 24 Springs + Two Cam Pully ) you can safe alot of money, cost $ 950

5) Metal head gasket : 1.2 or 1.6 , cost : $270

6) Oil Pump , I liked Trust , but you can go with Jun , HKS or Nismo, Turst Oil pump may cost you $800

7) Trust Oil Pan , cost : $240

8) for the Turbo kit, HKS T51R Kai is the best kit for the GTR , cost price : $4800 ( Complete kit with down pipe )

9) HKS Intercooler type R, cost $1600

10) ORC twin or triple plate clutch , cost $1750

11) HKS Fuel Rail

12) HKS or Sard 1000cc injectors

13) FC power and commander

14) HKS exhasut system

15) Fuel Pump, you can add nimo intank fuel pump ( cost $300 ) , and if you want to save money , buy Toyota Supra turbo Fuel pump .

16) Trust Oil cooler

This is all

if you need any help let me know and if you need any parts from Japan , i can help getting parts direct from Japan ( 10% to 15% cheaper than Takakaira )

good luck

Nice list!

Do you have a website? If you can get stuff cheaper then Takakaira I'll definitley be buying from you.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 02:18 AM   #32
UAEBOY
AF Newbie

abuC

i dont have aweb site, i have a garage and showroom, i have a partner in Japan ( Tokyo ) . since you are from USA , its ok to order direct from him, i can give you his email.

he can ship direct to you . he is very nice guy and i trust him alot,

i can help you with all the part numbers .

email me at uaeboy@uaeboy.com

thanks

saif
UAEBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:14 PM   #33
bladerider
AF Newbie

Nice work Saif,

I personally wouldnt go for Ross pistons, as they have lasted less than 3000miles in my R34 for various reasons. I would also point out that "Paying for a name" as said earlier is a valid point, except that Jun pistons are made by Cosworth, and are often thought to be amongst the best, Tomei and HKS also use them I believe, but I am not 100% sure.

I am surprised that you feel the stock transmission is good enough for 700bhp+, as all the people I know with these sorts of power figures have destroyed their gearboxes in quite short order. I have also been told that the 6speed 34 unit isnt as strong as the 5speed, but I maybe have my facts back to front. Personally if I could afford an 800+car then I would have a Hollinger and not worry about the expense.

Lastly, I wish I had known about you earlier this year, as I have gone through two sets of Nismo bearings and shells thanks to my rebuild problems, and I certainly wasnt paying the prices you describe. Still I have your email now, and will make it known to a few of the GTR crowd here in the UK.

Regards,

James
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 PM   #34
Real GTR
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Real GTR
I've heard good things and bad things about the trany. I did hear it was good for 700+ hp I gess I'll find out.

Can anyone recomend a good machine shop that the trust. I was thinking about sending the motor out to XS engenering(sp) in LA but I would like to try to keep it close to the mid west if possible.
Real GTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 03:13 PM   #35
tofstchvy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tofstchvy Send a message via Yahoo to tofstchvy
The trannies will only last a little while at 600+hp. The os giken gear set will buy you some time but the only way to go is a holinger. I still have the stock one in my car and it is ready to go any pass. Hopefully the holinger will get here soon. I have a shop here in co and do work on gtr's. My own car is the quickest u.s. owned skyline in the country and I have a couple gtr's in the shop getting mtr's right now.
Old 09-29-2003, 03:42 PM   #36
PMJ
AF Newbie

Re: 2.8 HKS Stroker kit

James , its the driver ..LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladerider
Nice work Saif,

Lastly, I wish I had known about you earlier this year, as I have gone through two sets of Nismo bearings and shells thanks to my rebuild problems, and I certainly wasnt paying the prices you describe. Still I have your email now, and will make it known to a few of the GTR crowd here in the UK.

Regards,

James
Seriously though, that is an impressive beast you got there Saif, Likewise I wish I had know you earlier in the year.. Ref the clutch , you were saying that the OS is good for drag and the ORC for road use... will the ORC take alot of abuse as would the OS..?
Old 09-29-2003, 06:21 PM   #37
Real GTR
AF Regular

A tofstchvy will the holinger directly bolt in?
Old 09-30-2003, 04:14 PM   #38
UAEBOY
AF Newbie

i have holinger on my BNR32

hi guys,

its was a long day , just got home, and its 1 am . ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
sleepy , but i would like to talk about the holinger since i have it on my BNR32 , 1000 HP , 9.332 on street tires

but not now, i gotta go to bed

Saif
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ju1.jpg (88.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ju2.jpg (50.8 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ju3.jpg (41.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 10-01-2003, 12:59 AM   #39
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Once again, very nice work.

Stock tranny is limited by 3rd, and 4th. More so 3rd. The teeth do not line up just right, hence its week.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 04:03 AM   #40
UAEBOY
AF Newbie

SkylineUSA

you are right about 3rd and 4th. we have faced some problme , but you know , second hand trany is soo cheap here in UAE, for example, yesterday , i bought a supra ( 2JZ-GTE ) engine A(with tranny , auto ) for $900 USD , its Japanese spec, sooooo clean, with all the harness and everything, twin turbo , so, GTR tranny is cheap here, this is the point.

Also, one of my freind has a GTR 32 , with stock tranny , his car is more than 800+ for sure, the car has HKS T51R SPL BB , motic ECU , triple clutch , 1000cc injectors, and TWO STAGES OF NOS

6 fogers ( about 200 Hp )
and 1 forger ( 75 HP ) ( total almost 300 Hp shots )

he did 9.8 sec with stock tranny

i think he has the fastes GTR on stock tranny

check this site, his car is RED color , BNR32

http://www.speed4ever.com/index.php?speed=gtr1

http://www.speed4ever.com

Saif
Old 10-01-2003, 03:38 PM   #41
tofstchvy
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to tofstchvy Send a message via Yahoo to tofstchvy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real GTR
A tofstchvy will the holinger directly bolt in?

the holinger is a direct bolt in on r32's. On the r33 you have to change the clutch to a push style.
Old 10-03-2003, 03:37 AM   #42
R33
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via Yahoo to R33
My stock tranny is still ok after more than 2 years of 600hp and being abused monthly around the F1 track (had done more than 250laps so far!). No sign of stress.
Old 10-04-2003, 04:24 PM   #43
RazorGTR
Skyline Man

The standard trans may last a while at 600hp because you are not launching the car as you would at a drag strip. If you were it wouldn't last long. I've seen the internals of them and they are not very big at all. I'm actually suprised they can tollerate even that much power.

As far as your mate pushing 800+ hp on a standard gearbox I've got only one thing to say. BULLSHIT.

I've seen them litterally spit their guts out when pushed over 700hp all over the track. In other words gears, rings, shims, oil, and bits of the casing on the ground. That was during acceleration not launching. There is nothing you could say to convince me other wise. I've been around these cars for over 5 years, talked to a few of the top Japanese tuning companies such as Mr. Nagata of Top Secrete (who btw does speaks very little english).
Never confuse kindess with weakness.
AF user guidelines, Please remember to abide by them
RazorGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 12:03 AM   #44
Real GTR
AF Regular

Ok I've decided on a few things.

1. I'm going to get the turbos since my stock on are going out any way. I'm just waiting on a few people to get back with me on prices on them.

Next I'm goining to get all the little things out the way like injectors a cams values etc. etc.

I'm still up in the air on rods,ring, pistons and maybe crank. I'm thinking if I change all that stuff out I might as well do a stroker kit. But I gess I just wait tell the time comes to wory about it.

I am going to upgrade the tranny but I want to wait to see how long the stock one holds out. Weither I replace it now or later it will still need to be replaced if it breaks.

I'm wondering if it would have just been easier to buy the N1 motor I saw on Taka Kaira slap 2 turbos one it and just drop it in and call it a day?
Old 10-05-2003, 01:16 AM   #45
SkylineUSA
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to SkylineUSA
Totally agree with Razor, once again.

It could be possible that the tranny had some mods done to it, the owner does not know about.

R32 GTR w/351w .020 forged, 8.9:1, PTK T76, Turbosmart 40 BC & 45 WG, Tial 40 BV, AFR 205s 310/245, 228/228 550/550 114 Hydro, 1.7rr, Isky RLs, 4" HKS exhaust, ARC 30x16x4 IC, 8 point cage, C2 gauges, 2 step, C4 3200 stall w/ R Manual & Hurst Ratchet shifter, 17" Panasport G7s, CSU 750 & bonnet, Vic Jr intake, 3.63 gears, Corbeau Carrera seats, Custom wide body, Bomex side skirts and rear 1/4 caps, Tommy Kaira bumper.
SkylineUSA is offline   Reply With Quote