Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
mflusche
AF Newbie

Loud Clicking Noise When Rear A/C is on

I Have a 2002 Trailblazer and when i turn on the rear A/C there is a loud clicking sound coming from the back of the truck. It is on the passenger side up by the interior light in the third row. If i turn off the Rear A/C or turn the knob and have both the overhead and the feet blow out it does not click.
mflusche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:58 PM   #2
Ol'Jim
AF Regular

Re: Loud Clicking Noise When Rear A/C is on

Anyone have any idea what causes (or solves) this problem? My GF is having the same issue with her 2004 TB EXT. When she first starts up, it makes a loud noise in upper, pass side, rear of cabin. Like up in roof liner, or rear A/C ductwork. It is a rhythmic, whap-whap-whapping sound, about 1x per second. About a block later, it either quits, or doubles in speed, to twice per second, then eventually stops. Next trip, same thing.
Tried messing with the different HVAC controls for front & rear, doesn't seem to affect it.
Have searched the boards, this was the only thread I could find that sounded like same problem.
1970 Chevelle SS454 (Gave to my son 9 years ago for his 18th birthday. Yeah, I know, crazy, right? Thank goodness he doesn't drive it the way I would, -er, did...).
1971 Monte Carlo SS454 Drag Racer. The old girl finally got new paint!
1968 Camaro SS (New race car project). Caged, Tubbed, Back-Half/Ladder Bars. Rolling Chassis (For now).
Ol'Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:02 PM   #3
maxwedge
A990 racer

Jim, sounds like a mode door actuator similar to what can occur in the front temp door actuators.

Last edited by maxwedge; 08-05-2015 at 06:42 PM.
maxwedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #4
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Agree, rear a/c mode door actuator keeps running and can't find a "park" position so the door keeps flapping. Pretty common on gm's and fords. Replace the actuator and all should be good.
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > TrailBlazer | Trailblazer EXT