Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-23-2003, 05:43 AM   #1
Ssom
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ssom Send a message via AIM to Ssom
Any other fans of the Corvair in here???

I decided I'd open up the Chevy forums, just to have a look around, hell, the only Chevrolet's I like are the older ones and the Corvettes- but I noticed that there was one particualr car forum that is missing here, one for the almighty Corvair- The car that took to VW's Rear air-cooled engine formula, kind of unforunate how the dodgy handling in earlier models was the beginning of the end- though the later ones got sway bars- which made the cars safe as a brick-shit house.......but yeah- the news was already out by then and no one bought tham- as a result taht was the end of innovation amongst American makers for a long time- sad story really................I also think they look cool- despite what everyone else thinks

Anyone else like this car????
Ssom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 11:22 PM   #2
TravlinVan
AF Newbie

Re: Any other fans of the Corvair in here???

Well....here I am replying to a thread 12 or so years after Ssom posted it. Still here ????
Anyways, I'm into Corvairs. I have a 65 Corsa with the 180 turbo, a 66 "500" and 2 LM parts cars. I had a 67 with a small block Chevy in it, but sold it.

It will be interesting if Ssom replies !!
TravlinVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:13 PM   #3
DeltaP
AF Enthusiast

Re: Any other fans of the Corvair in here???

Old post but who cares... except maybe the OPP,(old post police).
I always liked them. Too bad Nader killed the name. They were gettin the bugs outta them at the end. Saw one on e-bay the other day. A '64 Monza coupe. Someone had it built on an S-10 chassis with a 4 bbl, 350 crate engine... up front! But theres about a dozen on e-bay right now, fetching a pretty good buck. A lot of 'em stock, some parts cars. Even saw a Greenbriar !
DeltaP is offline   Reply With Quote