Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 75
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #31
MickRalph
AF Newbie

Re: My Rover 75 randomly won't start

Hi I bought a 75 2.5 V6 a few weeks ago and have had exactly the same problem. The Camshaft Sensor is located just under the plastic engine cover on this model. This comes off with the removal of two bolts and the sensor comes out with one more and a little persuasion with a screwdriver.
I took the sensor out and gave it a quick clean,(you don't even have to disconnect it), and it has been fine since. It is only a few days since I did it but so far so good.
I am not sure how easy this is on other models but it really is worth a try for an easy fix of an incredibly frustrating problem.
If this works for just one person this hasn't been in vane.
MickRalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 12:41 PM   #32
sevensisters
AF Newbie

hi,i have just registered on this forum and will like to find out about rover 75. v6 and its common problems if it is a worth while car..i was just reading about your rover 75 and though it will be wise to find out in details about this car.. the dealer had said he is selling the car as a non runner and at a cost of 250 pounds as it is not starting .he had said he got the car as a part exchange with another of his car and decided to sell it like that without fixing it and that he does not know the problems all he knows is that the car is not starting.though the car is quite clean..about 75,000 milleage..what do you feel about this deal.also what is the general manitainance of a rover like in term of parts and maintenance. please will you advise an intending buyer to venture into buying this car?
sevensisters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:26 PM   #33
oldandrusty
AF Newbie

Try a starter repair kit. The copper contacts wear. You can get a repair kit on ebay for less than £15. Or simply clean the contacts.
oldandrusty is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Rover > 75