Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-16-2003, 06:46 AM   #1
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

1997 Nissan Maxima GTR Show Car for Sale

This car is definitely different than your average Maxima. Below are the modifications featured on this car and an HONEST price for each mod. Please note… I got this car in September of 2002 and all of these mods were done in February of 2003.

Exterior:
Custom Maxima Nissan Skyline R33 Body Kit: $1,200 w/ shipping
Nissan Skyline R33 GTR JDM Tail Lights: $400
MOMO Yellow Paint with Liquid Metal Pearl: $3,500
Molded Side Skirts and installing Body Kit: $500
Neon Blue Driving Fog Lamps: $75
Redesigning trunk and MOLDING R33 Tail Lights into Body: $2,750
New Continental 16 Inch Tires: $300

Interior:
Custom Black and Yellow Two-Tone Seats: $1,500
Brand New Black Leather Door Panels: $750
MOMO Top Power Steering Wheel w/ Hub and Horn Button: $400
Brand New Nissan Factory Shift Boot w/ Plate: $80
MOMO Yellow and Black Shift Knob: $100
MOMO Street Tuner Pedals W/ Dead Pedal: $150
JENSEN Component System (2): $200
MOMO MC5 Yellow Shoulder Pads: $35

Others:
Exedy Twin Plate Racing Clutch: $800 w/ install
Brand New Alternator: $450 w/ install
Brand New Optima Yellow Top Gel Battery: $185
Pace Setter Short Throw Shifter: $85
MOMO Yellow Valve Cover: $100
Platinum Spark Plugs: $30
Hose Techniques Yellow Engine Dress Up: $100
New Windshield: $360

BLUE BOOK VALUE OF 1997 NISSAN MAXIMA SE: $8,200
TOTAL BLUE BOOK VALUE WITH ALL CURRENT MODS: $20,500+

Email me for Pics and offers at BigMurray02@Hotmail.com
High Bid Over $12,000 takes the car
SkyMax97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 08:11 AM   #2
Pick
AF Fanatic

How about we stop triple posting. Thanks.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 09:14 AM   #3
dirk-diggler
Banned

I wunt it but aint got no doe, wanna trade?
dirk-diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 10:46 AM   #4
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

Sorry about the triple post, no clue how it happened

???
Old 03-16-2003, 10:47 AM   #5
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

No trades, sorry!

Already getting a new car.
Old 03-16-2003, 11:13 AM   #6
Pick
AF Fanatic

Re: Sorry about the triple post, no clue how it happened

Quote:
Originally posted by SkyMax97
???
I know, I was just joking. I've seen your Max and it is awesome.
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #7
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

Thanks for the comp, just wanted to let you all know...

that my car can be viewed under the 4 sale section of WWW.CUSTOMMAXIMA.COM I am asking for the best offer, and would love to get somewhere around $15,000 for it due to the fact that I have spent well over $21,000 on it. My loss is your gain. Take adavntage if you want it. Miles are high, but the car is in perfect mechanical shape. It starts right up and gets serviced every 2,500 miles which is when I change my spark plugs and change the oil. Email me if you have any questions. DAVE
Old 03-17-2003, 06:48 AM   #8
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
Just to let you know, Mods on a car don't increase its value, they usually only descrease it. A car is in its most valuable form in stock and mint condition. The only mods that will make a car more valuable is if its been to a renowned pro-shop like Hennessey, Rouche, Saleen, Callaway, or Cosworth.

Its rather interesting, because the mods that were done appeal to the younger crowd, and they are the ones that can't afford it.

A new windshield, alternator, clutch, battery, tires, and spark plugs aren't mods that should be factored in what the car is worth. Those things are expected to work and are basically maintenence items, and if you made them better, they aren't going to help the car be worth more than stock blue book. They will only halp the car live up to the blue book value.

The ones that should matter should be the body kit for the ones who want it. I hope you get $12,500 for it, that would be great, but don't count on it.

When you mod a car, you mod it for yourself. The mods aren't worth anything to anyone else unless its a kid or other enthusiast and the demand for cars with existing mods is fairly low making the value comparable.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 06:56 AM   #9
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

Good Point, But you are wrong...

This is a show car, and when I changed my clutch, I didnt' put a factory clutch in, I put a stage two Exedy JDM clutch in it. Also, because of the fact that I have a Yellow Maxima (with a sweet paint job) I changed the battery to the Optima Yellow Top Gel Battery. That is a mod because it isn't just any battery. Platinum spark plugs perform better than the copper ones you probably have in your car, therefor making it a mod. Let me guess... every car has pedals, a steering wheel, some sort of shift knob, and seats, so they aren't mods either to you. RIGHT??? I spent the extra dollar to upgrade all of my stuff because I own a show car. You don't have to go making negative comments towards me because you are envious. I am a nineteen year old college student who probably drives a nicer car than you do. It doesn't matter to me what you think. I am well aware of the fact that modifying a car decreases the value IF YOU ARE TRYING TO TRADE IT IN TO A DEALERSHIP, which I am not. Do me a favor and don't post again on any of my threads unless it's to same something positive. DAVE
Old 03-17-2003, 07:21 AM   #10
Paonessa
AF Fanatic

don't get mad. he's right
not to mention you drilled holes all over the car to put on that hideous front bumper and the kit to boot. you can't ask money for stupid shit like a battery, shift boot, and shift knob. and max can respond to whatever thread he likes, at least he ain't whoring up the whole forum trying to make money. if you're selling some shit put a 4 sale thread and list it all there, stop filling up OUR forum with shit and mellow out he's looking out for your best interest, ask someomne for $15,000 for a 97 "so-called GTR maxima" (non-existent) and you're gonna get laughed at. not to mention you can buy a used maxima stock and do all that shit to it for less than what you're hoping to get.
Paonessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 08:50 AM   #11
MaxPayne
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MaxPayne
It all comes down to the demand there is for a car that is already modded, which there is very little. Modded cars tend to be run harder and the mods tend to be someone else's personal touch. I'd personally rather start with a stock car and mod it myself or have a shop do it (if I don't have the equipment).

I'm just telling you how it is. I'm not telling you your car is a POS or hating or anything. This is just how the market works. Like it was said before, you'll be lucky to get $12,500 for it, and I hope you do.

Like Paonessa said, there's no such thing as a GTR Maxima in the US and to claim your car is one, is laughable.
MaxPayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 12:08 PM   #12
SkyMax97
AF Enthusiast

You obviously Misunderstood my ad

If you look down to the bottom you will see it clearly says Nissan Maxima SE. I am SORRY that you are all making such a big deal that I had GTR in the Heading. I admit it, I have a wannabe SKYLINE and that is ok because the car still looks nice. But when people talk trash about how ugly my body kit is and shit, I want to just flip because it doesn't make any sense!
Old 03-17-2003, 12:55 PM   #13
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
how many miles?
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 03:09 PM   #14
zero.g
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to zero.g
Re: Good Point, But you are wrong...

Quote:
I am a nineteen year old college student who probably drives a nicer car than you do.
A very empty statement, the way I see it. If you're 19 and are worried about driving a nicer car than anyone on the road I can see future financial troubles coming your way (unless, of course, mommy and daddy like to give you what you want). The basis for the argument is, yes, you unloaded $21,000 of probably your parents money to make maintenance upgrades and modifications to your car that don't add anything to the value of the car. To be honest I couldn't care less that you're car is nicer than mine. Personally I'd rather be driving a BMW 5-series more than I want to drive any Nissan you could throw at me, they're far superior cars. Thats just the way it is. Your car isn't worth any more because you made it a show car. It's worth more to you and anybody else who wants a show car, but that's about it. Someone who just wants to go and buy a Nissan Maxima SE isn't going to spend the extra $5,000 over blue-book value if they don't want/need what's in it. ESPECIALLY if you had to make any modifications to the car to put those mods on (drilling holes in parts of the body/frame/chassis is a Bad Thing). There's a very small percentage of people out there who are willing to drop that kind of money on a car, and an even smaller percentage who are willing to get all of that aftermarket shit replaced if it fails. Most people buy a car to get from point A to point B. Many people get a car to go from point A to point B faster. Very few people get a car to show off to everyone. Unfortunately, the car you are selling only appeals to the ladder, which just happen to be the kids who saw Fast and the Furious god knows how many times and they think it's cool to buy things to make their car louder and buy the stickers to match the cars in the movie (I've seen it first hand). Unfortunately, as was previously stated, the very people you're trying to sell to don't have the money to even pay for the car (unless of course, mommy and daddy are going to help them out).

Now quit acting like an egotistical little bastard, nobody wants to put up with it, and nobody cares about your car.
Old 03-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #15
97wvmax
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 97wvmax
:eshooter:
97wvmax is offline   Reply With Quote