Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 01:08 PM   #1
Thumprkils
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Thumprkils
in the 60s,70s and up unit 92 what size were the rear speaker sizes ?

They were by the way factory cut 6x9s correct?
Old 02-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #2
tacoma man.
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Yahoo to tacoma man.
Re: in the 60s,70s and up unit 92 what size were the rear speaker sizes ?

my 90 has 6x9's also my 80 trans am has 6x9's too.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:17 PM   #3
Thumprkils
Banned

yea knew i was right thanks
Old 02-05-2005, 12:44 PM   #4
pontiacpmpn
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to pontiacpmpn Send a message via MSN to pontiacpmpn Send a message via Yahoo to pontiacpmpn
Re: Re: in the 60s,70s and up unit 92 what size were the rear speaker sizes ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumprkils
yea knew i was right thanks
Whatever dude, im not trying to cause problems or anything, all im sayin is the 79 Firebird Esprit that I own... (note, i OWN this car) does not have 6x9s in the back dash. I believe they are 4x6's... All of the looking i have done has shown that 79-81 Firebird/trans ams are 6x9's so you are right in that part. It must be different for the Esprit model than regular Firebird Trans am's. But think what you want, it isnt going to change the size of my rear speaker cutouts either way.
Old 02-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #5
FormulaLT1
Fight the powwa!!!

Send a message via AIM to FormulaLT1 Send a message via MSN to FormulaLT1 Send a message via Yahoo to FormulaLT1

I don't know why I am getting the feeling a argument is about to start here but if its about something as stupid as knowing the size of the rear speakers I am going to be disappointed. Also everything on cars is not always a exact science its very likely that one model type of Firebird over the past 3-4 Decades did not have the same size as every other year and that it would not fit. I know from ordering parts for almost all the vehicles that I have had that you alot of times get the incorrect part even though thats what is listed for your vehicle. This being said please lets all get along. The internet is the dumbiest place to argue. Thank you.

John
RIP Hypsi - I just want to express I will never be the same after having lost such a good friend. You meant alot to me and I feel I am a better person for having known you. Til the day we meet again my friend you will always be in my heart.

Mods: Weight reduction (I don't wear underwear)
Old 02-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #6
pontiacpmpn
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to pontiacpmpn Send a message via MSN to pontiacpmpn Send a message via Yahoo to pontiacpmpn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormulaLT1
I don't know why I am getting the feeling a argument is about to start here but if its about something as stupid as knowing the size of the rear speakers I am going to be disappointed. Also everything on cars is not always a exact science its very likely that one model type of Firebird over the past 3-4 Decades did not have the same size as every other year and that it would not fit. I know from ordering parts for almost all the vehicles that I have had that you alot of times get the incorrect part even though thats what is listed for your vehicle. This being said please lets all get along. The internet is the dumbiest place to argue. Thank you.

John
Thats kinda what I was trying to say.. wasnt trying to spark an argument, although that is kinda what it looks like.. Sorry about that
Old 02-05-2005, 03:55 PM   #7
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

A friend of mine has a 86 camaro that doesnt even have rear speakers.It has a piece of plastic molding that covers the place where the speakers go,it doesnt even have the speaker mounting brackets. And its all original.
as for earlier models they didnt make a 3 speaker sound system that im aware of,so if its a car with a single speaker grill in the dash,then it probably didnt have any holes cut in the back for speakers,so any holes would be custom if they are in the rear dash
Old 02-05-2005, 08:28 PM   #8
Thumprkils
Banned

naw, just tired of pissy attitudes myself,seen it on here not long after i came on here, started with hyspi, and ya know im kinda sick of it,myself ,
just so everyone knows,if your not my kid or my wife, ya dont really make a ... to me, specially,some kid barley outa papmers, who wants to a pimp
so I can really find better things to do than this, to all the nice ones ,yall take care
Old 02-05-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
cuda_dude
Will Whore For Car Parts

Send a message via AIM to cuda_dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumprkils
naw, just tired of pissy attitudes myself,seen it on here not long after i came on here, started with hyspi, and ya know im kinda sick of it,myself ,
just so everyone knows,if your not my kid or my wife, ya dont really make a ... to me, specially,some kid barley outa papmers, who wants to a pimp
so I can really find better things to do than this, to all the nice ones ,yall take care
Sorry man but life isn't perfect..... not everone is the same and not everyone is going to have the same views/additudes as you. The bigger man just looks past it and doesn't draw attention to it. Its your choice to come or go and do it as you please, just keep your personal views to yourself. I really dont appreciate a guy as nice as Hypsi getting put down... PEACE

1995 Camaro - Z28 - M6 - Hardtop
2007 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Classic
-R.I.P. Andy (Hypsi)-
Old 02-05-2005, 10:30 PM   #10
Genopsyde
The President

Send a message via AIM to Genopsyde Send a message via Yahoo to Genopsyde

werd!
Old 02-06-2005, 05:50 AM   #11
EclipseRST
Banned

Send a message via AIM to EclipseRST Send a message via MSN to EclipseRST Send a message via Yahoo to EclipseRST

That was well put cuda...

No need to bring up the past Thumprkils... If you dont like it here leave. Anything that Hypsi did was done for a reason. If he was a dick to you then something tells me you cocked off first! I dont know a Mod on this site that abuses his/her powers by anymeans and I would put money on it that everyone has been accused of it by some kid that thinks he should be treated like king no matter what he does.

Also, learn how to type! Make complete sentences, just out of curiousity were you done with what you were saying or were you going to come back and finish your run-on sentence? I mean its not that hard to put a period at the end of a sentence. Then you post like that and wonder why someone got after your case about something. My guess is you deserved it. Just leave and dont come back, you're definately not wanted, atleast by me!

Have a GREAT day,
~EclipseRST

P.S. THREAD CLOSED for going too far off topic and your complaining! If you want to talk about someone or argue with someone do it in PM's!

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Camaro Discussions