Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Nissan Cefiro | Nissan Maxima | Infiniti I30 | Infiniti I35 Excellent platform and the good ol' VQ30DE and VQ35DE engines.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:54 PM   #76
*420*92MAXSE
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to *420*92MAXSE Send a message via Yahoo to *420*92MAXSE
Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP2K2Max
chill out, dude. if you didn't want people to comment on your drug habits maybe you should omit the 420 surrounded by asterisks in front of your name. if i had an answer for you, i'd give it.
Hey BP2K2Max, I was just givin you shit man. Dont worry about it. I have a sense of humor that gets me alot of shit sometimes. Sorry man!!

Thanks 4 the response though, I look forward to any help u can give me in the future. Peace out homie

Sean
*420*92MAXSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 01:18 PM   #77
chrisr67
AF Regular

03 Max

Well I finally did it! Picked up my 03 Maxima last Saturday. So far so good. I've put almost 500 miles on it in 6 days! Runs good, and is very comfortable. Doesn't handle as well, and not as fast as my Eclipse was, but overall I'm really happy with the purchase. This car is soooo quiet! Sitting at a light I can't even tell the cars running! Also the stock stereo sucks @ss BIG TIME! Another plus with my Eclipse, the stock Infinity stereo was sooo much better than this stock piece of crap. Oh well, after tint that's the first thing I'll be upgrading. Not a big deal, but for the price I paid, one would think they would put a decent stereo in this car. Overall I'm still glad I bought the car. It does have some awesome power for being naturally aspired, and once I upgrade the intake and exhaust it'll really be good to go!
Also, what's with the rear windows only going down half-way? Is there some sort of tab on the bottom of the window track that can be removed so I can roll the windows all the way down?
chrisr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 02:37 PM   #78
CdnMaxDog
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CdnMaxDog
Hi, I'm new to this forum, I'm from Montreal, Canada.

My ride

98 Maxima SE
Factory Racing Green
3.0L V6 24v
Automatic w O/D
Tan Leather, factory 5 star alloys on 225/50/16 Toyo Proxie T-1's, fullsize 5 star factory alloy in the trunk with original 205/55/16, full power toys;mirrors, Dual electric seats both heated, Dual airbags, Dual side airbags, 2way factory moonroof with air deflector, factory Bose Am/Fm Cd Tape and speakers,
variable ABS, and factory tinted glass.

Mods:

Engine: Stock downpipe Y with factory Cat#1 and oxygen sensor, custom 3 inch flex,custom 3 inch stainless steel exhaust withMandrel bends no(Cat#2)flowing out to a freeflow resonator and to a Flowmaster Street Thunder Muffler with a 3.5 inch Monza tip.Sweet sound and great flow in the upper 6's.UnOrthodox underdrive pulley,Custom billet aluminium upper stress bar,modified air intake system,intake porting, NGK Iridium plugs on factory wires,and always 94 octane fuel for the past 4 years.

Body: Diamond Clears in front with green 194g bulbs in the side markers and orange 2057's in the flashers.
Rear Generation II Altezza chrome clears with white and orange 1157 led's for reverse and flashers.
Slotted,crossdrilled,and vented rotors.

Future Mods: Stillen rear sway bar,performance Y,H&R springs with Koni adjustables,Polished 2k3 alloys.

As is the car took every stock running mustang in my hood from start to finish amongst others. We street race here every wednesday and thursday nights.About 200 racers and 300 to 400 spectators.these street races have been going on here for the past 15 yrs.

My top speed so far is 243 kmh on 16's recorded off a gps unit.The needle was buried on the speedo.
Thanks for looking!!

Oh! and no chicken foot on the mirror, the only chickens I see are in my rearview and fading fast.

"When driving your Maxima hard,Fear should not be an option"

CdnMaxDog

Last edited by CdnMaxDog; 11-22-2003 at 01:35 AM.
CdnMaxDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:34 PM   #79
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by *420*92MAXSE
Hey BP2K2Max, I was just givin you shit man. Dont worry about it. I have a sense of humor that gets me alot of shit sometimes. Sorry man!!

Thanks 4 the response though, I look forward to any help u can give me in the future. Peace out homie

Sean
no doubt. no hard feelings.
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:38 PM   #80
BP2K2Max
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to BP2K2Max
Re: 03 Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisr67
Well I finally did it! Picked up my 03 Maxima last Saturday. So far so good. I've put almost 500 miles on it in 6 days! Runs good, and is very comfortable. Doesn't handle as well, and not as fast as my Eclipse was, but overall I'm really happy with the purchase. This car is soooo quiet! Sitting at a light I can't even tell the cars running! Also the stock stereo sucks @ss BIG TIME! Another plus with my Eclipse, the stock Infinity stereo was sooo much better than this stock piece of crap. Oh well, after tint that's the first thing I'll be upgrading. Not a big deal, but for the price I paid, one would think they would put a decent stereo in this car. Overall I'm still glad I bought the car. It does have some awesome power for being naturally aspired, and once I upgrade the intake and exhaust it'll really be good to go!
Also, what's with the rear windows only going down half-way? Is there some sort of tab on the bottom of the window track that can be removed so I can roll the windows all the way down?
if you look at the rear wheel well you'll see there's no more room for the window to go down. it definitely sucks. did you get the bose stereo or the dookie other one. the bose sounds good especially with the stock 8" sub. with 2 more twelves and a fosgate punch 900 in the trunk it really sounds nice, especially cuz the rear seats fold down. and yeah it's hard to keep mileage off these cars. i just turned over 42,000 today
BP2K2Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 03:42 PM   #81
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: 03 Max

Quote:
What's up Chris and CdnMax <I believe that stands for Canadian but I'll leave that at that.

Chris, what kind of Eclipse did you have? Stock for stock there isn't any eclipse faster than a Maxima, you must had a DSM AWD with Turbo and the boost turned up, plus a 5 speed.

As far as the windows, I think Nissan was thinking more of kids in the backseat when they designed the windows (yeah, I know it sucks) but I think it's kinda cool in a way and a lot of people that have rode in my car thinks so too. Personally I'd prefer the option of being able to do it myself.

The Turbo and SC kits are coming out soon for the 3.5 so don't worry, I'm willing to bet that the Max 3.5 with the Turbo Stage II will be every bit as fast, if not faster than the DSM you had.

You did the right thing getting the 3.5 if you're looking for power. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, How much did you pay for your car and was it new or used when you got it?

I only ask because I've been eyeballin this 02 Max and I don't want to get a sucker's deal, the resale on the 5 gens have dropped dramatically since the 6th gen been released.

I expect to pay no more than 18K for one used.
Old 11-21-2003, 04:22 PM   #82
chrisr67
AF Regular

had a 98 Eclipse GST, too many mods to list. I'd say it was pushing at least 280 hp and that's being conservative.

It'd be nice if Nissan came out with a Turbo Maxima. perhaps someday!

Anyways, paid 20,588 for my 03 Max. Preowned with 20k and change as far as mileage goes. As for the stereo I'm not a big Bose fan anyways. had a bose system in my vette too and swapped that out with a Denon 2 weeks later. Looks like I'm going to have fun trying to find a kit for the new stereo since it's going to leave a huge crater in the dash! oh well....i'll figure something out!

almost 5:30 and time to go home. have a good weekend everyone! ttyl
chrisr67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 05:04 PM   #83
thrasher
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: 03 Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk2kmax
I only ask because I've been eyeballin this 02 Max and I don't want to get a sucker's deal, the resale on the 5 gens have dropped dramatically since the 6th gen been released.

I expect to pay no more than 18K for one used.
if you are worried about resale, you should look at something else, Maxima resale value will always suck. my brother just got a 2k1 I30T for 19,500 with 20k miles so 18,000 may be a little low for a 2k2. good luck though

"Don't have sex man. It leads to kissing and pretty soon you have to start talking to them."
Steve Martin.
thrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2003, 07:19 PM   #84
SkyTorch
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: 03 Max

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher
if you are worried about resale, you should look at something else, Maxima resale value will always suck. my brother just got a 2k1 I30T for 19,500 with 20k miles so 18,000 may be a little low for a 2k2. good luck though
Yep, I bought my I30 for $17500 when it was 3 years old. Original purchase price was $29500. That's with all the extras - Leather, Bose 6 speaker system, climate control, automatic, power seats on both sides. The value drops alot the first couple of years. It sucks if your selling your car, it's great buying your car.
SkyTorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 08:20 AM   #85
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
had a 98 Eclipse GST, too many mods to list. I'd say it was pushing at least 280 hp and that's being conservative.

It'd be nice if Nissan came out with a Turbo Maxima. perhaps someday!

Anyways, paid 20,588 for my 03 Max. Preowned with 20k and change as far as mileage goes. As for the stereo I'm not a big Bose fan anyways. had a bose system in my vette too and swapped that out with a Denon 2 weeks later. Looks like I'm going to have fun trying to find a kit for the new stereo since it's going to leave a huge crater in the dash! oh well....i'll figure something out!

almost 5:30 and time to go home. have a good weekend everyone! ttyl
Chris you were pushing 280HP, now you do realize that with the 2k2/2k3 you are already pushing 255 to the crank and about 220 to the wheels but with an SC alone you'll be pushing about 320hp and I believe that it's possibly going to the wheels.

With a Turbo Stage II you'll be pushing about 460hp to the crank and God knows how much to the wheels. So your Max will be able to run with the big dogs.
I think that is a decent price you paid considering what you got for it and to Thrasher I'm aware of the crummy resale on our cars but I've seen some guys on the org getting 2k2's for no more than 19K.

I'm just looking for a good deal and taking into consideration the crappy resale so that I won't get taken on the deal.
Old 12-28-2003, 03:43 AM   #86
MaximaSEAE01
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to MaximaSEAE01
Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Yo, I'm in Houston and it's great to see 5spd maximas because they're rare here. all i have is the UDP (Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley) and i'm running on Royal Purple oil. Those are my best 2 combos hehe. and i got blue blinkers and ...my courtesy light in my cabin are white leds hoping to boost an additional 5hp! haha check out site
Old 12-28-2003, 08:04 AM   #87
bk2kmax
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximaSEAE01
Yo, I'm in Houston and it's great to see 5spd maximas because they're rare here. all i have is the UDP (Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley) and i'm running on Royal Purple oil. Those are my best 2 combos hehe. and i got blue blinkers and ...my courtesy light in my cabin are white leds hoping to boost an additional 5hp! haha check out site
Yo, what up MaximaSEA01, it's good to see someone else who knows about the benefits of Royal Purple. I won't use anything else in my car after using this stuff, it works and if nothing else it definitely save you some gas mileage.

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.
2 fingaz=Peace
Old 12-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #88
kbohip
AF Newbie

I have a 92 Maxima SE 5-speed black on black. It's got 125,000 miles and is still going strong...on all the original injectors no less! I don't drive it anymore though as it's now my wife's car. I bought it October of 1995 with 30,000 miles on it and an engine that sounded like a Peterbuilt . The dealer replaced the vtc's under warranty and so far so good. I'll be seeing you all around!
kbohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 10:34 AM   #89
blackicey
AF Newbie

Talking Was Up

I A Newbie On The Scene With A 97 Maxima Gle
No Real Underbody Mods Because I Was Working On The Lighting Of The Car. Heres What I Got

Currently In The Process Of Doing The Wiring Harness And Some Piaa's In The Foglights, Piaas In The Headlight, Working On The Reverse Glow Lights If I Can Get More Info About Them And How To Wire Them, Piaas In The Courtesys, Custom Led Taillights (pain In The A**)

I Also Have Stillen Cold Air And Trying To Save Up On A Sc Someday This Year. Also Got Some Giovanna 18" Rims With Tires For 450! Off Ebay. Money Well Spent.

I Should Have Some Pics In The Near Future So Hold Tight And Hopefully You Guys Can Help Me Out In The Long Run With The Mods To The Engine/trans Cuase I A Nut. Engine Mods For The Stupid Is What I Need For A Max Holla
blackicey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 08:27 PM   #90
spitztakular
AF Newbie

Question Re: Welcome to all Noobs, Post it Here

:rofl::grinno::iceslolan:smokin::banghead::lol2::s ly:I AM AN OFFICIAL NOOB!!
WITH A 1993 MAXIMA WITH BOSE STEREO PROBLEMS, H-E-L-P!!!!!!!
spitztakular is offline   Reply With Quote