Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis
Problem Diagnosis Got a problem you can't fix? Post here and one of our members will answer as soon as possible.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #1
whitedavidp
AF Newbie

1995 CA 2.2 S10 - Code 32 but seems to run fine

My 1995 S10 with 2.2 and 5 speed seems to run fine (now that I have replaced the cat converter, rear muffler and tail pipe). But I am getting code 32 reported and the check engine light comes on now and then. Seems to be when the vehicle is warmed up, on flat-ish terrain, and going 40+ mph.

I know the code 32 is related to the EGR system and I am starting to look around. I found the EGR valve easily enough. But getting the fasteners off seems crazy hard to get at. I am hitting them with liquid wrench now to hopefully cut through any rust/corrosion. But there is precious little room for any form of wrench. Sockets are out of the question due to height limits from the valve body. My box wrenches are too long. Only my open end wrench can get on there and have room to swing but without any ability to apply much force. Is this a situation for crows foot (or crows foot flare nut) wrenches? I have never owned or used those before.

Also, I am wondering about the EGR solenoid but am having a darn hard time locating it. I have found replacements online and I see nothing like what is in the photos shown.

I am able to trace the vacuum line from the EGR valve along a hard plastic hose to where that hose enters some kind of black box. And maybe the solenoid is inside. But I am not sure how to open the box. Can anyone tell me exactly where it is and how to get at it?

Thanks for any suggestions on all this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160822_124736.jpg (94.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 20160822_124843.jpg (78.2 KB, 0 views)
whitedavidp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
whitedavidp
AF Newbie

Re: 1995 CA 2.2 S10 - Code 32 but seems to run fine

Even with multiple applications of liquid wrench, I cannot budge either of the nuts on the EGR valve.

But I have located the EGR solenoid. It hides below the MAP sensor which must be removed to get access and removal. It does look like the photos I saw.

So thinking of ordering some crow foot wrenches to try to remove the EGR. Would love to know if others have found that useful.

Thanks
whitedavidp is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Blazer > Problem Diagnosis